Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Troy Queef posted:

I'll have you know that Earth City isn't as much of "a town" as it is a large collection of warehouses, business parks, and gas stations off Highway 70.

The city of St Louis is literally surrounded by white -flight commuter suburbs, so unless the Rams HQ was in the shadow of the arch you've described all of their options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Petey posted:

Surprised by the number of non-football fans I know (like people who don't give a drat at all) now posting that the Rams are their favorite team. I wonder if STL was always going to draft him if he fell to them in the 7th (Missouri love), or if they or someone else got a call from the commissioner's office. I can't imagine the NFL welcomed the prospect of Sam going undrafted.

Jeff Fischer is an NFL lifer and the co-chair of the competition committee eleven of the last twelve years, and the article about 'the decision' makes pains to note that Jeff was the sole shot-caller for drafting Michael Sam. If Goodell was panicking about the optics Jeff would be his first phone-call.

That said, the Missouri homer pick and the prospect of a #1 selling jersey and the way it 'protects the shield' in the abstract, Michael Sam was a 'fine' pick even without quid pro quo skullduggery.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Daric posted:

I didn't even know that, that's actually pretty interesting.

If you go deeper you find that an OSU player (not that one. not that one, either) was pulled over while stealing one of the gay sheep from a study of said gay sheep.

yup.

yup.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

wheez the roux posted:

JFF already came out as gay. Gay for football.

While he did get gay married, he was also a traditionalist and took Football's last name.

• Locked thread