Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

MourningView posted:

Langford and Hayes are both good backups, it's going to be really hard to crack that roster. It's cool that he gets to stay in Missouri and that he got drafted, but from a pure football perspective that's one of the worst teams he could have wound up on. He'd have been better off as a UDFA where he could try to a find a 3-4 team that was light on pass rushers.

At least if he gets cut he'll be able to choose his destination after that, but yeah it's not an ideal situation for him from a football perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

BlindSite posted:

I wouldn't be so sure. A few teams have decided to forgo their guy for a super talent the next year. If Carr sucks bad enough they might not give a poo poo. Carolina did it when Clausen mega sucked. If there's a sure fire top guy and Carr is utter poo poo there's definitely a precedent for it.

I was just about to use the Clausen example myself. But it's unlikely that Carr will be that bad, and if there's a slam-dunk prospect at another position they might do that anyway. Who knows how people will feel about Winston in a year anyway, especially if he can't keep himself out of trouble.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Jones is a shithead but I really hate the tendency of the NFL to fine players for stuff that has nothing to do with their play. If Jones wants to be a dumb bigoted rear end in a top hat whatever. We all still get to treat him like a dumb bigoted rear end in a top hat.

I believe the team fined him, not the league, which I personally feel is totally within their right to do.

• Locked thread