Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I kind of feel sorry for some of the other rams players. The whole media circus that training camp is going to be is going to be a huge pain in the rear end.

Its kind of a shame Sam isn't a better player too. He's already a bubble prospect and inevitably when he gets cut there's going to be a big bitch fit about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I thought that wasn't done until like June?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Volkerball posted:

The entire reason I was against this is because now there's no way in hell we can draft a QB in the first next year. Carr will still be a big enough question mark that we'll pass on better prospects while everyone waits to see if he can get it together. It's dumb, but there's no loving way that Oakland goes QB next year.

I wouldn't be so sure. A few teams have decided to forgo their guy for a super talent the next year. If Carr sucks bad enough they might not give a poo poo. Carolina did it when Clausen mega sucked. If there's a sure fire top guy and Carr is utter poo poo there's definitely a precedent for it.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Chichevache posted:

Can anyone tell me why Yankey fell to the 5th and whether or not I should be mad at the Seahawks for not picking him up? I thought he was supposed to be really good.

I honestly think most of the time the difference between a 3rd round guard selection and 5th round selection is the board of the team.

Pretty much any guard who goes in the 2nd or higher is going to be a great athlete capable of pulling and or like pouncey for eg if they go in the first they're already excellent technicians with minimal injry history.

Yankey has the same issue every other mid round guard has. Which is that they need to bend more from the hips rather than the waist and have a tendency to get off balance, normally lunging at the point of attack and to use a maddenism getting their nose too far over their toes.

It's all coachable. Most offensive line coaches worth their salt can take a guy anywhere in those rounds and so long as they're not retarded (player or coach) and turn them into a player.

It's a weird position during the draft. Probably has the least seperation between prospects as far as ability in professional sports but a bad one or great one can change your offenses fortunes massively.

Tl:Dr nothing, he just didn't have anything to drive him up boards.

• Locked thread