Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Gerund posted:

The city of St Louis is literally surrounded by white -flight commuter suburbs, so unless the Rams HQ was in the shadow of the arch you've described all of their options.

It's a lot more warehouses than usual if I'm thinking of the right place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eifert Posting posted:

It seems to me that there's no chance Sam makes that roster.

He'll certainly never start barring injury but I guess I really don't know how the Rams are doing for backups. I mean my first impression was the same as yours but one of those idiots talking about him on ESPN as landing in the perfect place might have thought it for some reason other than worshipping Jeff Fisher and St Louis being in Missouri.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MourningView posted:

Langford and Hayes are both good backups, it's going to be really hard to crack that roster. It's cool that he gets to stay in Missouri and that he got drafted, but from a pure football perspective that's one of the worst teams he could have wound up on. He'd have been better off as a UDFA where he could try to a find a 3-4 team that was light on pass rushers.

Yeah that's what I was afraid of. Oh well, hopefully he can make a few nice plays in preseason and get a look somewhere else if he can't find a spot there.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Well what the hell else are they going to put in a 2015 mock the day after the draft? Petty's pretty funny though, although I'm sure he'll put up amazing numbers.

e: Actually the final day of the draft, he had that up yesterday like an hour after it ended. Christ.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 22:44 on May 11, 2014

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Alouicious posted:

Bortles doesn't immediately poo poo himself the second there's pressure

Took me a second to realize this wasn't about Marinovich. Or at least only about Marinovich.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

pillsburysoldier posted:

I don't want him to do bad

That's one of us. Maybe two if MV isn't just saying he's a fine backup prospect and actually likes him.

I guess I find JFF's media screwups hilarious and can still wish him well but man do I dislike McCarron a whole lot more than I did 6 or 7 months ago. Although I admit it isn't like I liked him much then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eifert Posting posted:

Watching him crash and burn would be fun. Watching him become an all time great so at age 40 people are still giving him poo poo about that terrible tattoo would also be fun.

I can admit that the second part would be pretty hilarious.

• Locked thread