Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Poz
Sep 8, 2003

Dr. Poz just diagnosed you with a serious case of being a pussy. Now get back out there and hit them till you can't remember your kid's name.

Pillbug

waah posted:

In five years the Jags will look like the smartest team ever after they win two Superbowls with one of them punctuated by getting in as a wild card and defeating Ben Rothelesburger's Steelers, Peyton Manning's Broncos in the Divisional round, and Tom Brady's Pats in the AFC Championship game.

I read this post and legitimately smiled to myself. Then I thought about it in context with your avatar and title text, and, well... :smith:

Edit: I hope Bortles owns, too though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Poz
Sep 8, 2003

Dr. Poz just diagnosed you with a serious case of being a pussy. Now get back out there and hit them till you can't remember your kid's name.

Pillbug
Dave Caldwell addressing this eventuality: (The first time Chad Henne throws an interception they’re going to be screaming for Bortles) “The first time Blake throws an interception they will be screaming for Chad, too. That’s any quarterback anywhere. Chad’s a pro and he’s going to compete and we’re fortunate to have both of those guys. I think the other thing that drove this is 52 different starting quarterbacks last year in the NFL. Only 16 quarterbacks started all 16 games. If you look at our roster we needed some depth there. I think the majority of those were due to injuries so this is a situation where we’ve got some depth now and a guy for the future.”

They acknowledge he could see playing time due to injury. That's why Henne saw so much playing time early on in the 2013 season despite the coaches dedication to Gabbert. There is no reason to think they'll refuse to start Bortles at any given point in the season. What is being done with Bortles is similar to what was done for Russel Wilson, it's just that there are different public expectations with a 3rd rounder vs a 3rd overall. The plan is for Bortles to sit and learn and to compete. That last part is the most important bit. He's going to compete and has a chance at taking the starting job even by the end of the preseason, but they aren't going to thrust the expectations of the franchise on him once the inks dry on the contract just because of draft position. This allows him to come in and feel the pressure, but not the stress and anxiety that comes with it.

Dr. Poz
Sep 8, 2003

Pillbug

Alouicious posted:

Link this, I need it

Here you go: http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2014/5/10/5704632/2015-nfl-mock-draft-jameis-winston-marcus-mariota

Dr. Poz
Sep 8, 2003

Pillbug
I find multiple runningbacks projected to go in the first round being pretty suspect too. It has to be a byproduct of them just being more widely known collegiate prospects.

• Locked thread