Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh nice, that Albert Wilson WR that the Chiefs brought in went to Georgia State, not Georgia Southern. Actually I don't know how nice that is, it just means he caught a bunch of passes and is short as hell instead of being a physical freak who played in an option offense. He's supposedly really strong so that's something, although he's only 5'9".

They've also brought in another little guy from Louisiana Lafayette, Daryl Surgent. They both seem like returner types, which surprised me a little until I saw DAT didn't return a whole lot of punts in college. I figure if he's worth anything at all like what he should be he'll have the kick returner job locked down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Here's a list of all the Bucs UDFA:

quote:

Solomon Patton, WR, Florida (via Twitter -- confirmed to be a signing by Roy Cummings)

Brett Smith, QB, Wyoming (via Cecil Lammey)

Ryne Giddins, DE, USF (via Greg Auman)

Andrew Miller, G, Virginia Tech (per Virginia Tech's football twitter)

Toney Hurd, DB, Texas A&M (via his own Twitter page)

Keith Lewis, CB, Virginia-Lynchburg (via Draft Diamonds)

Mycal Swaim, S, Eastern Michigan (via Twitter -- confirmed)

Josh Allen, C, Lousiana-Monroe (via his teammate's Instagram -- confirmed by team's Twitter)

Dylan Lynch, K/P, Jacksonville University (via his agent)

Aaron Burks, WR, Boise State (via Twitter)

Chaz Sutton, DE, South Carolina (via Twitter)

Nate Askew, LB, Texas A&M (via his Twitter account)

Steven Jenkins, LB, Texas A&M (via Twitter)

Jeremy Smith, RB, Oklahoma State (via his Twitter)

Matt Patchan, OL, Boston College (via Greg Auman and Luke Easterling)

Kenarious Gates, OT, Georgia (via Twitter - mini-camp invitation)

Chris Burnette, G, Georgia (via Twitter)

Euclid Cummings, DT, Georgia Tech (via ajc.com)

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Oh nice, that Albert Wilson WR that the Chiefs brought in went to Georgia State, not Georgia Southern. Actually I don't know how nice that is, it just means he caught a bunch of passes and is short as hell instead of being a physical freak who played in an option offense. He's supposedly really strong so that's something, although he's only 5'9".

I remember someone in the GDT yesterday saying Georgia State has had a football program for all of four years now so I don't think its better than Georgia Southern.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

A Pale Horse posted:

I remember someone in the GDT yesterday saying Georgia State has had a football program for all of four years now so I don't think its better than Georgia Southern.

Yeah, it wasn't meant to be a comment on the quality of the program. I just meant that while he played he did things other than block.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah, it wasn't meant to be a comment on the quality of the program. I just meant that while he played he did things other than block.

Oh okay, gotcha.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Georgia State is where Christo Bilukidi went. He absolutely demolished people in his film, and ended up being a journeyman DT in the NFL, so I'd hope that dude was putting up like 300 yards a game.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
Here is a list of the rookie free agents that the Vikings signed:

TE AC Leonard, Tennessee State
WR Kain Coulter, Northwestern
OT Antonio Richardson, Tennessee
OC Zac Kerin, Toledo
OT Pierce Burton, Mississippi
OT Matt Hall, Belhaven
OG Austin Wentworth, Fresno State
NT Isame Faciane, Florida International
HB Dominique Williams, Wagner
DE Jake Snyder, Virginia
WR Erik Lora, Eastern Illinois
DE Tyler Scott, Northwestern
WR Donte Foster, Ohio
DE Rakim Cox, Villanova
OG Conor Boffeli, Iowa
QB Trevor Guiton, Ohio State // Not on official signing list, but could be a workout player.

AC Leonard could be a steal. He's had a lot off field issues and is short for a TE, but his athletic ability is off the charts and he has potential to be a weapon as a receiving TE. As long as he responds well to coaching, puts in the work, and stays out of trouble, then I think he has a very good chance of making the roster.

I know that Kain Coulter and Erika Lora are both viewed as slot receivers. Not too familiar with Donte Foster at this point, but I think there is a good chance that one of these guys could land a roster spot as a 5th receiver and I wouldn't be surprised if we kept at least one receiver on the practice squad.

Tiny Richardson seems to be viewed as the Vikings best rookie free agent. 6'6 335 and played LT for the Vols, but projects to RT in the NFL. The Vikings don't have great tackle depth, so he has a chance of sticking on the roster.

After that they brought in a lot offensive and defensive linemen. I know that Turner's blocking scheme is viewed as difficult and apparently requires smart linemen, so it wouldn't shock me if a couple of those guys landed on the practice squad. Isame Faciane played for the Vikings new Defensive Line Coach at FIU last year, so I imagine that he'll have an inside track on a practice squad spot.

Since the Vikings are under a new coaching staff and have depth concerns, then it seems likely that a couple rookie free agents could make the active roster and quite a few of these guys could make the practice squad.

Aniki fucked around with this message at 21:13 on May 11, 2014

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Karl Williams FB Utah
George Atkinson III RB Notre Dame
DJ Coles WR Virginia Tech
Mike Davis WR Texas
Scott Simonson TE Assumption
Jake Murphy TE Utah
Danny Kistler OT Montana
Carlos Fields Jr. LB Winston Salem St.
Noel Grigsby WR San Jose State
Austin Flynn DE Arkansas
Rob Henry QB/DB Purdue
Jarek Lancaster LB Stanford
Curtis Porter DT Miami
Darius Millines WR Colorado State- Pueblo
Erie Ladson OT Delaware
Mike Hunchak OT Monmouth
Johnnie Farms DT Memphis
Joe Southwick QB Boise State (Tryout)

Lot of wide receivers, so at least one will probably stick out in OTA's and camp and demand a roster spot. It's an annual tradition in Oakland. DJ Coles has a great chance at it if his knee issues are behind him. He's had 3 surgeries on one. Still put up a low 4.4 40 while coming in at 6'3" 225. Mike Davis is the other notable but he just doesn't seem to be that good. Millines got cut from Illinois for violating team policy and has struggled with injuries all along, so he's probably out the door at camp. Grigsby isn't make the roster unless he establishes himself on special teams. Not as easy to get a job in Oakland as it was last year. MLB, DT, TE, and DE are all really good positions to be a camp body though. Definitely need help at running back, but George Atkinson is probably not that help. But WOULDNT IT BE AWESOME IF HE WAS.

Also "Quarterback Joe Southwick, who was sent home from the Hawaii Bowl after being accused of public urination from a hotel balcony, said he took a polygraph test that proved his innocence." So McGloin is making the roster.

Sidenote: both of the DT's have NT size. Interesting. Hope one can make the roster.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Cowboys sign rapist Vanderbilt WR Chris Boyd.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

No one is touching Roberson, Lyerla, or Purifoy yet. I wouldn't be surprised if Lyerla doesn't even get a tryout.

Jets sign no real UDFA of note, which is as usual.

quote:

Tevon Conrad, OT, Saginaw Valley State (6'9", 320)
Steele Divitto, ILB, Boston College (6'2", 237)
Anthony Grady, DE, Missouri State (6'7", 289)
Kerry Hyder, DT/DE, Texas Tech (6'2", 280)
Terrence Miller, TE, Arizona (6'4", 234)
Brent Qvale, OT, Nebraska (6'7", 315)
Zach Thompson, DE, Wake Forest (6'5", 265)
Chad Young, FB, San Diego State (5'10", 240)

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Ozu posted:

No one is touching Roberson, Lyerla, or Purifoy yet. I wouldn't be surprised if Lyerla doesn't even get a tryout.

The Broncs signed Purifoy.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

A Pale Horse posted:

The Broncs signed Purifoy.
Pretty sure that was an incorrect initial report. The official Broncos feed said they signed 15.

quote:

Bryn Renner QB North Carolina
Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
Bennie Fowler WR Michigan State
Isaiah Burse WR Fresno State
Kapri Bibbs RB Colorado State
Greg Hardin WR North Dakota State
Mister Cobble DT Kentucky
Juwan Thompson RB Duke
Brennan Clay RB Oklahoma
Kenny Anunike DE Duke
Steven Clark, P, Auburn
Greg Latta, DE, Purdue
Aslam Sterling T Kansas
Jordan Sullen CB Tulane
Louis Young CB Georgia Tech

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ozu posted:

if you don't think Steele DeVitto is of note then you need to check your self

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Taylor Martinez signed with the Eagles to do god knows what

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Real Name Grover posted:

Never forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaciycdzhXo

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

One of these players is bound to be a somebody who's great at one of those positions #talkinghead

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Come to think of it, if anyone's going to manage to find a way to use him in the NFL it's probably Kelly

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Claw Massage posted:

Stolen from the Falcoholic:

DT/FB Roosevelt Nix, Kent State

Nix is listed as a defensive tackle, which worked out well for him in the MAC, where he earned first-team all-conference honors in all four seasons, but at 248 pounds, he'll likely be expected to make a shift. That's why the slash-fullback part of his description is intriguing.

He also played as a LB at the senior bowl, or shrine bowl, or whatever the gently caress

Bad Ideas Good
Oct 12, 2012

Real Name Grover posted:

Come to think of it, if anyone's going to manage to find a way to use him in the NFL it's probably Kelly

Get ready for Taylor Martinez/Brad Smith Wildcat plays in the red zone for no discernible reason.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Real Name Grover posted:

Get hit by people.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

So, University of Houston fan(s), how was your punting last year?

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CamJustDoIt15 6m
Richie Leone signs as a UDFA with the Ravens.. congrats man #GoCoogs

That's awesome for him. He was really good and hopefully he'll make the final roster.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

He'll be eaten by wolves before the season begins.

It's a crime that this post has gone unappreciated.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
Did Max Copeland sign with anyone? Searching NFL.com and Google haven't been much help.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
A goddamned crime if someone doesn't sign him. Who loses like 70 pounds in 2 months, that's dedication.

Also he's pretty awesome. Maybe not that awesome at football, but awesome.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Full 49ers list

quote:

QB Kory Faulkner, Southern Illinois
DE Morgan Breslin, USC
S L.J. McCray, Catawba
TE Asante Cleveland, Miami
LB Shayne Skov, Stanford
C Dillon Farrell, New Mexico
OT Fou Fonoti, Michigan State

I know gently caress all about any of them, except for Breslin and Skov. Breslin's great and has an actual shot at the practice squad. Skov will be team captain by Thursday.

What the hell is a Catawba, anyway?

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

Skov is a good pick up I think. He looked like a 4/5 rounder but probably fell due to injury concerns.

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Coldforge posted:

Full 49ers list

I know gently caress all about any of them, except for Breslin and Skov. Breslin's great and has an actual shot at the practice squad. Skov will be team captain by Thursday.

What the hell is a Catawba, anyway?

Small christian college in North Carolina

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Wanvig posted:

That's awesome for him. He was really good and hopefully he'll make the final roster.

Leone definitely has a shot. Sam Koch has been a great punter since he was drafted in 03 but he did struggled a bit last year and 11 years is old for a punter. Maybe, I'm not really sure. It would be cool to get another guy who actually likes football as well as punting because Koch has been awesome in that regard. Not to mention he pretty much won the 2012 Super Bowl single-handedly.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I didn't realise this but an article this morning I read pointed out that the Panthers had three players get a combined 14 starts and 36 games played total last year who were UDFA.

All were on defense too.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Purifoy to the broncos of course. Dude is a 2nd round talent. God drat

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Maybe this year the Broncos D/ST won't be such poo poo. Here's to hoping~ :cheers:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pead posted:

Small christian college in North Carolina

Small school UDFAs are the best UDFAs.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

AAA DOLFAN posted:

:stare:

CBS Sports posted:

The quashing of an arrest warrant for former University of Florida football player Loucheiz Purifoy, who was allegedly caught in March by the Alachua County Sheriff's Office with marijuana and synthetic drugs known as bath salts, will be the subject of a police internal affairs investigation. The Gainesville Police Department investigation was requested by Alachua County Sheriff Sadie Darnell, whose department filed a sworn complaint against Purifoy and got the arrest warrant. A law enforcement source told The Sun that Purifoy, who has been projected to be an early-round selection in the NFL draft that begins May 8, was not arrested at the time because he agreed to cooperate as an informant for the Gainesville Alachua County Drug Task Force. However, he never could be reached by investigators with the task force, which includes sheriff's deputies and officers with the Gainesville Police Department.

The Sheriff's Office then filed a sworn complaint against Purifoy, after which a bench warrant was issued earlier this month, but the arrest warrant was quashed Wednesday. In a letter to Gainesville Police Chief Tony Jones on Friday, Sheriff Sadie Darnell requested that Jones conduct an internal affairs investigation into the possible involvement of GPD officers in the quashing of the warrant. "I was made aware this morning of a Motion to Quash an Arrest Warrant in a case originated by an (ASO) deputy on March 19, 2014. Based on probable cause developed by the deputy, an arrest warrant was issued for Loucheiz Purifoy for April 4, 2014, after he failed to fulfill his end of the bargain made with GACDTF," Darnell wrote. - Cindy Swirko, The Gainesville Sun

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

Snitch rear end motherfucker. Will fit on the Broncos.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

There was a point in 2012 where I knew Purifoy would make one horrible mistake and two mind-bogglingly amazing plays per game. It was pretty cool.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
Isaiah Crowell signed with the Browns.

lol

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Valdosta State has sent Seantavius Jones (WR) and Lawrence Virgil (DT) to the Saints and Gerald Ford (WR) to the Browns.

VSU plays Air Raid offense and has never really had many looks from the NFL for that side of the ball. Dusty Bonner went to training camp with the Falcons, but that didn't pan out. Jones and Ford are larger than VSU's usual batch of receivers, being 6'2" and 6'3", respectively. Both are fast as hell. Ford didn't play last year because of injury and only had eye popping numbers as junior.

Virgil had 4.5 sacks last year and led the team in tackles for loss. He's 6'5" and 290 lbs. and from the same high school program as Marcus Stroud.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

There was a point in 2012 where I knew Purifoy would make one horrible mistake and two mind-bogglingly amazing plays per game. It was pretty cool.

His FSU tape is 1st round worthy, against 1st round receivers.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

I gotta say I really enjoyed it when Jaylen Watkins was the first Gators DB off the board

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Lazerbeam posted:

Skov is a good pick up I think. He looked like a 4/5 rounder but probably fell due to injury concerns.

Skov loving owns and I'm mad he went undrafted.

I'm furious he's a Niner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattycakes
May 12, 2014

WHO WANTS A PATTYCAKE!?!

Chichevache posted:

Skov loving owns and I'm mad he went undrafted.

I'm furious he's a Niner.

I thought he had a chance to get drafted, but it looks like there was too many concerns about the leg/knee. Still, I'm happy to see that a team did decide to pick him up, even if it is the Niners.

• Locked thread