Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I was looking to buy PSN codes and I noticed Nippon Yasan is selling used Japanese games (and consoles) now. Grabbed Kamen Rider: Battride War for 2k Yen, but chose the cheapest possible shipping so don't expect any impressions yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Oh, that's pretty rad. Hopefully they keep up with new releases, there are a few I'd like to keep an eye out for.

e:nm

Emalde fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Nov 13, 2014

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Looks like the Dragon Quest edition PS4 comes out Dec. 11th in Japan

Siliconera posted:

This special console is silver and has a matching metal slime DualShock 4 controller. You also get a metal slime that plugs into the system’s USB port and sits on the console, a 15 day ticket for PlayStation Plus, a code to download a Dragon Quest Heroes theme, and a download code for Dragon Quest Heroes. People that purchase the 49,980 yen bundle will be able to play Dragon Quest Heroes one day early.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Cross-posting from the Gundam thread:

TaurusOxford posted:

So for those of you who like Build Fighters and videogames, here's Build Burning Gundam in action in Gundam Breaker 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMemstK8PQ4

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Anyone who's played the first game, is the gameplay more/less fun than then say, the Dynasty Warriors Gundam series?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Demicol posted:

Anyone who's played the first game, is the gameplay more/less fun than then say, the Dynasty Warriors Gundam series?

As someone who platinum'd the first game, I would say it's more fun. It's also satisfying to build custom mobile suits which is another bonus the game has going for it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Demicol posted:

About the same for me. The first one had a couple of bosses that needed grinding for a couple of hours each to get through but the fun of customization balanced it out. Breaker's multiplayer is about 1000000000000 times better than any of the Dynasty Warriors Gundam games ever was.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Speaking of Gundam Breaker, does anyone have translations of this weapon information for GB2?

X_ThePerfect
Jul 31, 2010
Did gundam breaker 1 have any meaningful dlc? I want to pick up the second but I really can't decide between ps3 or vita version and with the vita's dumb account system, the possibility of that might tip the scales in the ps3's favor.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

X_ThePerfect posted:

Did gundam breaker 1 have any meaningful dlc? I want to pick up the second but I really can't decide between ps3 or vita version and with the vita's dumb account system, the possibility of that might tip the scales in the ps3's favor.

Gundam Breaker 1 didn't have any DLC - only a patch which added more mobile suits and weapons to the core game.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

You could buy money and parts from PSN but it was inferior to what you earned in the game without paying real money.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Two things:

The Vita game La-Mulana EX is coming out on PSN in Japan on December 17 for around 1500 yen. No release dates for NA or EU regions were announced.

Once again, PlayStation Japan is having their awards show this December. It will be streaming live at 4:30pm Japan time on Wednesday, which would convert to 11:30pm Tuesday Pacific / 2:30am Wednesday Eastern / 7:30am GMT / 6:30 pm Sydney. I don't think anything new will be announced during this show, but then again, this is the start of the 20th anniversary celebration of PlayStation in Japan, so you never know.

The page gave two links:
YouTube link
niconico link, niconico account not required to view

uStream link as well.

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Dec 2, 2014

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Yechezkel posted:

The Vita game La-Mulana EX is coming out on PSN in Japan on December 17 for around 1500 yen. No release dates for NA or EU regions were announced.

My wallet just threw itself at my screen. This is a sign!

Now to wait for the NA release... :smith:

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Awards show stream is going to start in around 20 minutes. Links are 2 posts up.

Also, from Gematsu

quote:

While the event is regularly just an awards show, this year something more has been hinted. Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia president Atsushi Morita has promised a “special PlayStation 20th anniversary project” and Weekly Famitsu’s editor-in-chief has teased various “surprises” for the event. PlayStation’s own third-party relations manager Brad Douglas has also confirmed as much. Famitsu and Dengeki are also hosting a live stream event directly following the awards featuring a number of special guests, including Hideo Kojima and Yoji Shinkawa (Metal Gear Solid), Hiroyuki Kobayashi (Resident Evil), Hideo Baba (Tales of), Yuji Horii (Dragon Quest), and SCEJA president Atushi Morita himself.

I hope those announcements are more than just sales numbers.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

This thing should just be starting, so come along y'all.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
By the way, there will be Toro/Kuro Vitas and PSTVs coming this month in Japan.

Streams are showing stuff.

So far, a weird mashup of PS device starting sounds. Now intros.

User Choice "Award" next, but everyone announced won. :confused: okay...

Now Gold Prizes. Nothing notable yet.

Users Choice for games in the last 20 years. You can look that up.

Crazy Ken out of nowhere!
And he's gone.

5 awards for Users Choice for PS games in last 20 years:
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy X
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G
Grand Theft Auto V
:wow:

By the way, no mention of the new Yakuza game anywhere. Did that game bomb in Japan?

Andrew House came out and revealed the 20th Anniversary PS4. It's grey with the colored PS logo on the back corner of the glossy cover. Grey color is same shade as PSone. Only 12,300 will be produced. Grey Dualshock 4 controller, grey PS Camera, and grey headphones are included. Price is 49,980 yen + tax.
:shrug:

Apparently, they will also sell 20-year PS+ codes for 12300 yen, only 123 codes available. :psyboom:

Free 20th Anniversary themes for PS4, PS3, and Vita. They are already out in the EU store. :ssh:

Adam Boyes just said on Twitter that some of the 20th Anniversary PS4s will be on sale at PlayStation Experience in Las Vegas this weekend. :aaa:

Now a whole bunch of music from the past PS music games.

And it's over.

Summary:
New super-limited PSone-grey PS4 announced.
Free 20th Anniversary PS theme coming out to all regions, already out in EU region as of 10am GMT.
20-year PS+ codes being sold somewhere.

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Dec 3, 2014

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
It's very Japanese, reminds me of the other awards (from Sony) I've watched (on Nicovideo).

ps: Japan loves FPS games, and this will be followed up at 18:30 JST with Dengeki Famitsu etc talks at http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv200546696 headlined by my bro and buddy Dogma

e: Dude, PS1 grey anniversary PS4. I want it. Limited to 12300 units, 50k yen+tax biggiepackage, on sale through the Sony store Japan exclusively. If I was rich I'd have wired money over already.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv200546696 is on, going through games that won the awards

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Dec 3, 2014

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I was really, really hoping the Parappa dude would announce a new game when he was done singing UmJammer Lammy songs.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Unrelated to the presentation but this month's PS+ specials are pretty nice, at least for me. Disagaea 4 and Ryu ga Gotoku 1&2 HD for PS3. Both games I had really wanted to play but never badly enough to shell out the money for. I like this 'let's do a series of games one month at a time' thing they're doing recently. First it was Trails in the Sky HD and now they're going through the Disgaea games. Could the next series be all the digitally-available SRW games please? Thanks.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

This month also has Natural Doctrine...but only the PS4-version :(

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

PS+ Japan is nuts right now, doing some serious catching-up with the new update.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, what happened? Why are they suddenly doing this PS+ thing in a meaningful way? Do they suddenly have some competition for home consoles that they didn't before?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, what happened? Why are they suddenly doing this PS+ thing in a meaningful way? Do they suddenly have some competition for home consoles that they didn't before?

Xbox One is almost at 40,000 units sold in Japan so Sony had to do something. :ohdear:

Seriously, though, the PS4 hasn't been selling as well as they've liked so I think they're stepping up their game to encourage purchases (note that Natural Doctrine is only free on PS4, not PS3 or Vita).

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
The moment Level-5's short White Knight Chronicles special stream started on nicovideo people started begging for PS4 RPGs so, yeah. Needs games to sell to more than the people who felt it worth upgrading from PS3s to play their western-developed multiplats on.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Speaking of Japanese PS+, if you sign up for a year now you get three extra months for free, as well as a chance to win the special anniversary PS4 (or a non-special Vita) if you actually live in Japan.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

If anyone wants to try the new Godzilla game, a demo is being released today on the Japanese PSN. Maybe we'll finally get a good Godzilla game for once.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Policenaut posted:

If anyone wants to try the new Godzilla game, a demo is being released today on the Japanese PSN. Maybe we'll finally get a good Godzilla game for once.

I take it this is coming later and isn't out yet? For what system(s)?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

univbee posted:

I take it this is coming later and isn't out yet? For what system(s)?

It's out now and it's for PS3.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
PSone games Mega Man 8, Mega Man Battle & Chase and The Misadventures of Tron Bonne will come out in the Japenese PlayStation Store next week on the 17th. (Yes, I know it's "Rock Man" over there). X4 and X5 will also come out there, but those have already been released in the NA store.

Also, that Godzilla demo is both really dumb and really awesome. I saw someone else play it. You just control Godzilla destroying cities while getting into random battles with other monsters. One weird thing about the demo were the controls. Left stick is move up/down and strafe, right stick is camera controls, and L1/R1 are used to rotate left or right. Other buttons were the attacks.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Notable releases now in the Japanese PS Store:

Vita:
La-Mulana EX 1620 yen (NA/EU version scheduled for January)

PSone:
Mega Man 8 617 yen
Mega Man Battle & Chase 617 yen
Mega Man X4 617 yen (already available in NA store)
Mega Man X5 617 yen (already available in NA store)
Misadventures of Tron Bonne 617 yen

PS2: (I don't know if any of these are good)
風雲 幕末伝 (Fu-un Bakumatsu-den) 1200 yen
天使のプレゼント ~マール王国物語~ (Marl Kingdom) 1200 yen
- free theme with game
Soul Cradle 世界を喰らう者 (Soul Nomad & the World Eaters) 1200 yen
- free theme with game
Armodyne 1234 yen
Grandia Xtreme 1200 yen
GrimGrimoire 1200 yen (already available in NA store)
- free theme with game
The King of Fighters XI 1000 yen

Also, the karaoke app Joysound.TV Plus is now region-free, but you'll still have to buy tickets through the app with funds from the Japanese account.
PS4 version
PS3 version

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Dec 17, 2014

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yechezkel posted:

PSone games Mega Man 8, Mega Man Battle & Chase and The Misadventures of Tron Bonne [url=http://www.siliconera.com/2014/12/09/mega-man-8-misadventures-tron-bonne-coming-psn-japan-december-17/]
Hopefully they come out on the US store too, Battle & Chase and Tron Bonne are both rare as gently caress. Battle & Chase is in the megaman x collection, but if you want a legit copy of Tron you're gonna be shelling out at least 100 dollars.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

Hopefully they come out on the US store too, Battle & Chase and Tron Bonne are both rare as gently caress. Battle & Chase is in the megaman x collection, but if you want a legit copy of Tron you're gonna be shelling out at least 100 dollars.

The Megaman Legends games are unfortunately in legal limbo at the moment and Capcom doesn't want to lawyer up. We probably won't see them for a while.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Grandia Xtreme is the Bad Grandia and was only notable for a goofy Mark Hamil VA job. People in the import thread are probably already aware of this, but it's worth another warning. Don't waste the PSN cards that you got ripped off over on a bad game.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
Amazon Japan has now started selling PS Plus codes via email. Interestingly, the section on their download store is called "PS Plus/PlayStation Store cards" so it sounds like we might be able to get Japanese store credit without a markup soon.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

uiruki posted:

Amazon Japan has now started selling PS Plus codes via email. Interestingly, the section on their download store is called "PS Plus/PlayStation Store cards" so it sounds like we might be able to get Japanese store credit without a markup soon.
I was just thinking maybe of using Japanese PS+ again, so I gave it a try. I just successfully bought a three month subscription with my US credit card. I did not actually expect it to work.

The link, by the way: http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00QGMLEH4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_d_detailpage_o00_

edit: and successfully redeemed. The price is also 1337 as hell.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Dec 19, 2014

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
Did the code just come up on your screen right away? That's what the American site does when I buy US credit. As long as you have a shipping address registered in that country it lets you do it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

uiruki posted:

Did the code just come up on your screen right away? That's what the American site does when I buy US credit. As long as you have a shipping address registered in that country it lets you do it.
Yep, and in an email. If and when they star selling normal store cards this way, we will be in loving business.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Please, Amazon. Please be cool. I'm so sick of buying cards from weird rear end shady sites.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

EDIT Never mind, I misread and thought they were selling point cards and not just subscription cards. So I echo the above two posters, really annoying that importing physical discs is like $20+ cheaper in most cases.

EDIT also if you really want a metal slime PS4, Amazon.jp has one left at normal price :v:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%BD%E...%83%B3%E3%83%88

univbee fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Dec 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

univbee posted:

EDIT Never mind, I misread and thought they were selling point cards and not just subscription cards. So I echo the above two posters, really annoying that importing physical discs is like $20+ cheaper in most cases.

EDIT also if you really want a metal slime PS4, Amazon.jp has one left at normal price :v:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%BD%E...%83%B3%E3%83%88

Normal price is 49,980 though.

• Locked thread