Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I was looking for a place to talk this and I finally stumbled upon it! I'm a big fan of JRPG soundtracks. I have no idea why. When I judge a soundtrack, I judge it as a whole. For me to say it's my favorite, I have to like more or less the entire thing. Against all odds, I've managed to form this opinion about more than one game! For me, this is Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy 7, and Earthbound. I cannot get enough of the music from these games. So imagine my surprise when I learned there was a thriving community producing amazing remixes of this music.

I'll cut right to the chase! What caused me to seek out this thread was my recent discovery of some new remixes I hadn't heard before. I got my fix from OC Remix and I assumed that had to be all that was out there. Evidently I was wrong! Here's what I've been listening to lately:

Chronotorious - I don't know anything about the backstory of these albums so I'm not really sure what to put here. All I know is if you like Chrono Trigger you should listen to this.

Earthbound: Bound Together - There are a few duds in this album, such as a few aggressively bad vocals, but overall I love the poo poo out of this.

Chrono Symphonic - Another amazing Chrono Trigger collection. Also includes vocal tracks but they are actually really really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Xenosaga really does have amazing music. There's a lot of cool stuff at OC Remix. I think it's interesting that I think the game is just terrible, but the music is really fantastic. Mitsuda is a genius.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Theres a guy with an OCRemix radio station here: http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16566

edit: You could also pop your favorite composers name into Pandora radio.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Apr 9, 2015

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
While listening to Pandora radio today, I stumbled upon Taylor Davis, an extremely talented violinist that does all sorts of movie, anime and game music. Here's a youtube playlist of one of her albums. Every time I hear one of her songs, the word 'flawless' comes to mind. I'm not familiar with her entire selection but there's a lot of stuff out there and I promise you will like some of it.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Where did the performance take place, out of curiosity? That's some seriously bad manners for that kind of show. I'm not trying to hate on someone for having fun or whatever, but if you go to any sort of orchestral or choir performance or anything like that, you shut the gently caress up and you applaud at the end of the song but only if the composer has lowered his hands because the song might not actually be over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Do you like pianos? Do you like old Square JRPGs? Here is my favorite piano dude: his name is kLuTz. He has only made four songs, but they are all incredible.

Final Fantasy IV - Tale in Piano
Chrono Trigger - Town Life in Piano
Chrono Trigger - 600 A.D. in Piano
Final Fantasy VII - A World of Piano

• Locked thread