Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kode54
Nov 26, 2007

aka kuroshi
Fun Shoe

Commander Keenan posted:

Great posts. I've never heard those cabinet boot up songs before.

I'm inspired to compile a regularly updated list of all the VGM file formats, collections, players, websites, etc. so people know where to go for the :filez:. Anyone wanna help?

It's alright. Never really felt too strongly about any of the soundtracks.

Check out the hcs64.com forum, therein lies a topic, listing all of the console and system specific subdomains on joshw.info. They all contain loads of emulated and also streamed game music. Most of them are playable with either PSF (P for Portable) and its various child formats and emulator libraries, or with vgmstream.

Oh, and thanks for summoning me to the topic. I only noticed it because I searched the forums for my name because I was using a lazy / roundabout way to find my userid so I could ? link the webcomics topic, because I stupidly forgot which comic I last posted two whole days ago.

Most of those formats should be playable with my plugins for foobar2000, or with Cog for Mac OS X. I was too lazy to add file association for Cog for vgmstream, though, because I didn't really want to pollute my association pool with all those extensions, plus it requires hand editing them into the Info.plist for the project.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kode54
Nov 26, 2007

aka kuroshi
Fun Shoe

DoubleCakes posted:

Final Fantasy XII disappointed a lot of fans with its more traditional soundtrack composed by Hiroshi Sakimoto, but I think it was great for reflecting the sophisticated tone of the game with a few standout tracks.

I loved Final Fantasy XII, and I really loved the soundtrack. I even had fun finally scraping my way into the Necrohol really freaking early to steal the pwnhammer. I mean Zodiac Spear.

• Locked thread