Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shrughes
Oct 11, 2008

(call/cc call/cc)

wwb posted:

I've got a private office but I still have too much going on to get any real development work done there. Most things happen at home where I use headphones to drown out the fiance. Side note -- women really hate it when you completely ignore them even if they are talking to you through your headphones.

I guess that attitude explains why you are gay. Or are you a woman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shrughes
Oct 11, 2008

(call/cc call/cc)

gently caress them posted:

And of course you should be wearing arch supports. INSOLES. If you're a programmer you can afford to go grab some right now, so do so TOMORROW. Step on the fancy machine thing that tells you what kind to get and do it, you won't regret it.

Why the gently caress do you need arch support in a chair?

shrughes
Oct 11, 2008

(call/cc call/cc)

wwb posted:

Neither. Not sure what gave off that impression . . .

Okay, then you're... intersex? I don't know, it just seemed the probability was highest that you were a woman-hating gay rather than a self-hating woman, though I didn't consider alternatives. (It's generally speaking not unreasonable to pick the highest-probability outcomes and ignore the negligants. It's simple Bayesian reasoning. See LessWrong to self-educate in this matter.)

Does your fiancé also have the same attitude towards women talking to him?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

shrughes
Oct 11, 2008

(call/cc call/cc)

wwb posted:

No. More like a busy hetrosexual male who doesn't like being distracted by stupid fiance sort of questions when he is neck deep in debugging things.

I still don't get it, though. Why do you blame women when a man is the one asking the questions?

shrughes
Oct 11, 2008

(call/cc call/cc)

Lunixnerd posted:

Now because our friend here is a loving autist and incapable of deriving a meaning from context and also likes being a massive frothing pedantic oval office, he keeps admonishing and insulting the original poster in a very passive-aggressive and round-about way about their usage of a word that they perhaps spelled incorrectly or (quite rightly) didn't give a poo poo about in the first place.

And here I thought I was admonishing him for his sexist attitudes in the workplace.

• Locked thread