Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

fletcher posted:

Do you guys kick your shoes off while you are at your desk?

I do, as 3" heels are a pain when sat all day.

But i cant show you my workspace, cameras are not allowed here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

ScottyWired posted:

My place of employment is a bigass retailer but for casual programming at home I've got it all good.

I always have some music playing, but my headphones are draped around my neck because having it blasted directly in my ears would be too distracting. Foreign music or BGM albums work best so I'm not distracted by the lyrics. What matters most is fresh air and light. Always need to be near a window, just being able to look up and see some green a few times an hour is good for keeping focused and calm.

The only time I close the curtains is 4pm on Thursdays, because the nearby aquatic centre holds their "water aerobics for pensioners" at roughly that time. No one needs to see that poo poo. :barf:

I am lucky although i work for a large company we can listen to music, this is my Work playlist http://grooveshark.com/playlist/Work+Playlist/99482919

u's(muse), Perfume, Guitar Hero 3 Music plus some other stuff. - I usually use it as randomised.

• Locked thread