Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bognar
Aug 4, 2011

I am the queen of France
Hot Rope Guy

Eleeleth posted:

Hi I am your opposite:

We had an extra monitor and no one else wanted it.

Also, it's an open office in an old church, so it's super echoy and terrible. :(

I'm also quite cluttered:

Although, I'm doing some client-server stuff on iPads using Xamarin, so my desk has to have at least a Windows machine with Visual Studio, a Mac for compilation/deployment, and at least two iPads (sometimes up to 5).

The offices at my company have 1-2 developers each. Everyone is really friendly and there's a culture of just dropping in on each other and talking. If you feel like getting work done, though, you can just shut your door and people won't bother you.

I never really realized just how good I have it until I started hearing about all of these open floor plan offices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread