Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Begby
Apr 7, 2005

Light saber? Check. Black boots? Check. Codpiece? Check. He's more machine than kid now.

UncleBlazer posted:

Anyone had experience with shared workspaces? I get lonely as gently caress doing work at home and the uni library has been just as dead recently.

If you get the right group of people it can actually be pretty cool. It ends up sorta feeling like you all work at the same company but on your own projects. The one I was at had a bunch of small offices, with a shared receptionist who made coffee for everyone and kept the place clean. Me and another guy (who was actually part of my group) shared an office and one guy next door had a futon that he let me nap on all the time. Everyone was pretty cool and seemed eager to help others out with projects or ideas or whatever.

Other ones I have seen, but not worked in, had individual desks for rent in a nicely designed open environment, looked really cool.

I would say give it a go for a month and see if it works for you. I guess it may not work if you got some rear end in a top hat there you found annoying. Shared workspaces seem to be growing, so there must be others who like it.

Edit: Oh yeah, if you are really computer savvy, don't let anyone know. You will become the office IT guy and people will become hurt and offended when you tell them you are too busy to fix their webex plugin for the tenth time in a week and any computer you touch will become soulbound to you (well it was working fine, then Lonny fixed it, and it broke again, so Lonny must have done something)

Begby fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jun 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread