Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
I have a question about rages that came up in the game last night.

We had a barbarian who took the Mountainheart talent found here: https://pelgranepress.com/site/?p=14412 It says he can end his rage to take no damage from an attack. Then, because the escalation die was over 4 on turn 2 due to our chaos mage being a chaos mage, he started another rage for free and said he can do this every turn.

We let it happen, because there was nothing saying it couldn't. However, I don't know how raging, then calming down, then raging again would actually work. It seems that they didn't take that into account when they made the talent, but the raging for free mechanic felt like it was being abused there.

Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
We managed to compromise and say he could use Mountainheart multiple times a battle, but couldn't restart his rage with the free rage the turn afterwards, he has to wait a round. He can still use his daily to start the next turn, but if he ends that, then he has to wait. Now there's a tough decision about whether or not he trades offense for defense. It's still stupidly powerful, but not profoundly stupid now.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Starting a 13th age campaign with a couple newbies and a veteran this weekend.

Are there any neat oneshots to use or should I do my normal "You arrive in a town and are accosted by plothooks" style?

One of the players is blind, and he wanted to play a dragon and a ninja, so I made him a Dragonborn Barbarian with 5 points in the background "Is a ninja" and am flavouring his weapon attacks as a breath weapon. I figured Barbarian has the least minutiae to keep track of so being blind shouldn't hinder him too much.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
I bought the Bundle of Holding and now got into the Playtest.

Time to rediscover this game!