Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Could you toss that to me, too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

There's some stuff in it that I'm pretty iffy on (the fact that pulling a Perseus against basilisks gives you -2 for the benefit of rolling one more death save seems kind of arbitrarily punishing clever, mythic action, for example, and I don't really like a ton of the fluff because I prefer more gray-area Icon stuff) but the monsters themselves are generally pretty interesting!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Well, to be fair, as far as I can tell Occultists don't realy have a limited spell selection, so they're just getting that as a bonus - once it's cast, they can use that slot for other 9th level spells without having 'wasted' a spell pick, because of how their flexible spell memorization works.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Here ya go.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I'm thinking of testing a way of using Icon dice in my upcoming Theros game. I may give them to the players to spend, in the sense of: when you're in a situation and need some help that is in theme for your Icon, spend the die. For a 5, the problem you're facing changes. For a 6, things improve, straight up.

Because I'm using gods and Theros rather than the standard Icons, this might take the form in combat of, say, a divine blessing or a divine curse, or the sudden appearance of a god-sent monster (which then has to be dealt with afterwards) or so on. It feels like it might be easier and more organic than me trying to plan in the Icon rolls.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

fosborb posted:

Holy poo poo. I'm surprised by the royalties thing. Thank you, Pelgrane

Royalties don’t really exist in the rpg industry.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Glover was a weird game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

The DM claimed the adventure was run by a "known grinder who writes adventures like this".

Run by or written by?

Because 'run by,' uh, that one's the DM being weird and speaking in the third person about their tendency to run meatgrinders.