Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
I keep being blown away by the amount of cool ideas in the 13th Age books. My family got me Bestiary 2 and Book of Demons for Christmas and there's ideas for dozens of campaigns tucked away in those pages. Demonologist, on paper anyway, may be my favorite class in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

The classes I would like them to take a long hard look at if they do a second edition are definitely monk and druid. Both are messes.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

I would want the Druid to be closer to the Demonologist, who has a clearly more fleshed-out version of the same general class structure the druid has. Also another plus for a crunchy martial and a simple caster.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Saturnine Aberrance posted:

I put up the most recent version of my Witch homebrew class on Vault of the 13th Age, which you can find here: https://13thage.org/index.php/classes/718-the-witch

It's formatted nicely now and the mechanics should be in a reasonably good place - but if you find anything that sucks / is too good / makes no sense please let me know.

Maybe I'm misreading it, but looking at the PDF, it looks like the In Thunder, Lightning, or in Rain talent doesn't actually do anything with its chosen element unless you take the feats. Is this intentional?

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

The other feature is pretty great, so just having that is probably enough to make it a compelling pick, with the type switching being a little extra gravy on the side. It does feel a little odd in a game with so few damage type shenanigans though, yeah.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

What's the official first party class list at this point? Any new classes been released since Demonologist? I'd really like to see them take the mechanical concepts there and continue exploring them.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Are your martials remembering to apply miss damage? 13th Age combat should be pretty brisk. Most combats end before the Escalation Die maxes out and rounds should go pretty quickly. Also, 13th Age combat is balanced around the assumption that players don't have magic item bonuses so of people are really concerned they can just buy weapon oils or quest for magic swords.

unimportantguy fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 2, 2021

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

My Lovely Horse posted:

Didn't Jonathan get into Social Media Trouble or something and was furthermore and more relevantly named as responsible for all the bits that hold the game back?

either way, excellent news! Sounds exactly like you should make an update.

I definitely remember this being a thing but can't remember the specifics.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Maybe I'm poking the bear here but was there ever any proof of Tweet being a racist other than one questionable Twitter post? Because it kind of seems to fly in the face of anything else I've seen him write online.

Edit: Thank you, goon below. I managed to miss your previous post.

unimportantguy fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Aug 18, 2022

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Based on the interview,13th Age 2nd Edition sounds like it could be cool and I'm looking forward to getting a look at the playtest doc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Clarified Icon rules sounds like a big one for me. The 13A games I ran and played in all ended up not knowing what to do with Icon stuff at times. I haven't run or played 13A in a while for a few reasons but that was one of the bigger ones.