Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I worry about the accessibility of all those resources when the old thread slips to archives. I'll try to make screen cap images for some of that stuff and host them on imgur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I got the quoted pieces of text as jpg images. I'm gonna dump em, and if you want to link them in the OP that's cool. You could also use the images, just drop the t from my timg tags.

Backgrounds (Bird or Batman)

Escalation Die Macros
This was a big one with the images, so I cut it into three.

Attribute Macros

Filthy Bribes

I just wish I could have done more. Great OP!

Dr. Lunchables fucked around with this message at 08:27 on May 14, 2014

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Are Bestiary preorders arriving for folks? I think they were shipping around now.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I'm looking through the free rpg day adventure, and I noticed that the pregen wizard has blur: 20% chance to miss attacks against target of blur. How is the best way to handle this? -4 to attack? Should I roll % after attack?

Why wasn't this just written as -4 to attack?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

So you roll twice to determine if it hits? That seems... Clunky at best. I roll first to see if it misses, then a second time to see if it hits?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Illvillainy posted:

I'd rather just have new class bloat than class feature bloat. At least then it's somewhat managable and forces designers to think for a bit.

I feel there is definite design room within some classes for more options, notably the fighter and barbarian. I trust the design team enough to not overstuff the turkey.

Rob Heinsoo reacted favorably to the idea of expanding fighter options when asked about it in the "ask Rob and Jonathan" thread we had some time last year, so I hope there's some kind of first party support for fight guys in the future.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

PublicOpinion posted:

I just realized my proposed trap system is missing the most important part of traps from 4e, which was forcing enemies into them. Now I need to figure out good DCs or requirements for making traps target everyone instead of just enemies, making traps target their allies instead of everyone, and making that change permanent instead of for its next attack. Ideas?

Are you asking for how the PCs could use discovered traps to their advantage, effectively trapping the battlefield against their enemies?

I feel like the easiest is to have them attack anything that triggers it, regardless of ally/enemy. Obviously magebane trap would need an npc alternative, but it looks like most could swing both ways.

Could you clarify a little on what you're asking for ideas about?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I'm in America's mitten and got the book yesterday. I hadn't looked at the bestiary since the hatchling edition, so I hadn't seen any of the art until I cracked the pages.

This art is loving amazing. It's evocative and stylish. You can tell Rich Longmore had some fun drawing this stuff, just look at the Haunted Skull illustration.

This book is awesome, and I'm even more thankful for being introduced to Longmore's art. I really dig his style.

Hey Wade, pass along some compliments from me, this poo poo's top notch.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Preorder backer. Just got my copy of 13 TW. There must be distribution hubs across the country, cause mine was mailed in state.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

It's gorgeous. The inside cover is matte, not glossy, but the pages are that same thick glossy that I love. The art is spectacular too. It's much closer to the bestiary in terms of visual design, with big full pages.

A good book, in terms of book quality.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Mine was shipped in state, so less exposure to careless hands. Did everybody else's come from Michigan too?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

You can probably use all of it save the monsters. Find/reskin the appropriate monster for each suggested encounter. Apart from that I can't really think of much you'd need to change. Maybe hot swap some magic items?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Any idea when non-kickstarter preorders of 13 True Ways will ship? I'm late to the party and pre-ordered a few weeks ago but reading PDFs makes my brains hurt. I need to smell the ink and hear the binding crack.

Send an email. They should have gone out by now

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

PublicOpinion posted:

Threw all the person-scale maps I've done in an imgur album. The style varies a bunch across them, only a few are in RPG perspective, and several have very specific uses. Most of them are 1750x1750, Roll20's default size, and the rest are 2800x2800, a 40x40 map in Roll20 with the default grid.

This should be linked on the front page.

PO, these are awesome.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Covok posted:

Theruge.

I think he may want to check all his pdfs for this typo.

:ironicat:

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Isn't this the immediate aftermath of the Free RPG Day adventure?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

You're gonna regret choosing any ammo bookkeeping. Do you make players track crossbow bolts?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Night10194 posted:

The basic idea behind the living dungeons is that they're manifestations of Chaos that are trying to spread themselves and that put out the gold and magic items as lures to draw people in to destroy them, yes? And that there's a central heart somewhere in there you need to kill to shut the dungeon down?

They're much like a Walmart, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

After doing a full run, I'd probably use the player characters or maybe the whole party is an icon for the next campaign.