Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

counterfeitsaint posted:

Something like "The adventures of Completely Normal Human Man Ethan Chandler"

A Completely Normal American Man in London.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Dorian is entertaining and, come on people, they're not going to have him off doing his own thing for absolutely the entire season.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Finally, the picture. I thought it was done very well.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Isn't Caliban pieces of multiple people put together? She isn't, that's why she has retained her memories. I think there was some big foreshadowing with this with Proteus being just one body that was reanimated and how fast he started to figure out his former life. Lily/Brona has been around a lot longer than Proteus has at this point. Honestly Frankenstein would have probably realized "Wait, didn't Proteus start to remember some things pretty fast, hey, what about my new creation?" if he didn't have the stress of the witch situation, the translation, and Mr. Clare constantly being on his rear end.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm not saying he had a choice, I'm asking whether or not Caliban is made out of multiple corpses, and am I right in remembering that Proteus was one person, just like Brona/Lily is?

Because Proteus was definitely remembering his former life, and if he could, and he was one reanimated whole body, then that sets precedent for Lily/Brona doing the same while of course Caliban who is human processed product cannot remember anything from before he was "created". This has character implications, especially with his certain kind of fixation on his Creator vs. Lily/Brona's attitudes.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The only thing that brought me out of the last episode was evil Mr. Putney talking about his fancy new piece of clothing that cost 20 shillings. Pre-decimal British currency worked like this: 12 pence a shilling, 20 shillings a pound. So his thing cost a pound and he should have used some of the 1890's slang for pound that existed. That's what I thought was unrealistic. Not the werewolf, or the witches, or the main characters who are re-animated corpses, that's what pissed me off. People are weird.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Your Gay Uncle posted:

As sad as Van Hellsing dying was it was quite possibly the most shocking/hilarious death I have ever seen, right behind Adam 2 being ripped in half by John Clare. Pretty much any time anyone gets introduced I am secretly hoping they get torn to pieces.

Also I'm sure John Clare is going to be really, really sad when he finds out Tennyson died.

I'm still not over Proteus dying.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

What a twist!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Space Pussy posted:

Jekyll/Frankenstein teamup is everything I hoped for. And no emostein to ruin the episode.

Ms. Ives thinking she he can have a normal relationship with the first man she meets is adorable when her last two flings were an immortal serial killer and a werewolf. The therapist looking like she wanted to jump off a cliff while listening to her story was a nice touch as well.

Losing your faith and dating the Monster Mash? She's having a tough year.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I can't be the only one who thought Jekyll might change into Mr. Hyde during his awesome little speech.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The man who the creature was was just such a nice and sweet man, it's so sad.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I was so surprised and happy to see Brian Cox, definitely my favorite thing that's happened this season. He's good in everything he does.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I don't think Ethan's going to survive this season - but if we don't get a fourth, it's not like it matters.

At the moment it's not looking promising: http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/penny-dreadful-season-three-ratings/

Gotta love that jump in viewership after the amazing 5/22 episode, though.

Halt and Catch Fire made me believe that ratings do not matter at all!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Poor Dorian, he was so lonely because of being immortal, and he thought that he'd finally found somebody else who was immortal, and that they could bond over being bored and possibly capriciously mess some normal people up for shits and giggles. Now his house is full of ladies who want to kill any men they can and he's a little over his head.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

I just want the Irish accent back!

Am I crazy, or did it come back a little during her big speech at the Murderous Ladies Auxiliary Dinner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Just watched Rory Kinnear in The Imitation Game. He's so mean!

• Locked thread