Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Memnaelar posted:

My biggest problem with Vanessa's ending is that that ending was there for them in Season One with the possession episode, as has been pointed out by other folks. It wasn't right then and nothing about her arc over Seasons Two and Three changed anything to make it right at the series' end. They're talking out the side of their mouths saying that was the way it was always meant to go.

I agree. The idea that this was planned before Season Two was done just doesn't sit right, as there's a distinct feeling that the first half of Season 3 was setting up stuff for future seasons - Dr. Jekyll, Lyle going to Egypt (to bring back a mummy I'm sure), the new redhead vampire hunter lady or whatever. Think of it this way, we saw Dr. Jekyll's infamous serum making a raving lunatic into his best self, but shouldn't there be a part where it also turn that lunatic into his worse self? Something even worse than he was before the procedure?

Plus if this is your final Season, why spend so much time with Ethan's trip to the Old West and Frankenstein's monster tracking down his past life? Why have an entire bottle episode that's a flashback to Vanessa Ives in the sanitarium with Frankenstein's monster as her orderly?

I can only speculate that something was up with Eva Green's contract. Either she didn't want to do the show anymore, or, in my uninformed opinion, her contract was up after 3 years and she wanted either more money and/or top billing (which she richly deserved throughout) and they just couldn't do it for whatever reason.

As for John Logan playing nice with Showtime, I never bothered looking him up before tonight, didn't realize that he's been a professional screenwriter with some very impressive credits for 2 decades. Dude's a pro through-and-through, and knows that you don't poo poo talk and burn bridges. If Showtime decided the show needed to end whether due to its current budget being unsustainable or concern that the show could not continue without Eve Green, then he's allowing Showtime off the hook gracefully and in return he already has another project lined up with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread