Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Kazanir posted:

Won't Vanessa recognize Poole from their, uh, shared history? And why didn't she recognize her last season? (Or did we cover this gaping plot hole somewhere?)

Pretty sure she's never caught a clear glimpse of her. Poole made sure to cove her face when Vanessa came outside the house (the large hooded robe) and later she was always in the middle or back of a crowd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Mouse Dresser posted:

Josh Hartnett is hot as hell in this show. :swoon:

I realized that I don't necessarily hate the character of Dorian Gray; it's Reeve Carney that I hate. He's too blase` about everything. Though that is in part to his story line since he hasn't been given anything more than *smirk* *gently caress someone* *look away wistfully* repeat.

Yeah I really can't tell if he's a poor actor or it's part of the role. Vanessa Ives reaction and tenseness when he comes in with invitations would be how I'd act around him. That snake you sleep with the one time and now they think they absolutely know you.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'd like to see Jekyll and Hyde myself. Would be a fun one to introduce in the final/next season. Also, maybe get rid of Dorian as he manages to make everything boring and uninteresting. It's like the opposite of what his character is supposed to be.

At this stage in the game I want to believe that's the point. That Dorian just is nowhere near interesting as he thinks he is. Lily makes a little comment about this in the ep too. Someting along the lines of men becoming interesting only because of their hobbies.

God I really hope we get to see Mr. Claire rip the hinges off his cell.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I'm kind of happy that what I was hoping wouldn't happen *didn't* happen. I was getting the feeling that the Inspector was a werewolf or something akin to it as well when he was sort of chewing on his lines in his office.

There's no chance of Ethan turning again on the boat, though - it was supposed to take the Titanic ~7 days to make the Atlantic crossing, and I think we're about 20 years prior to that now. So even if you make it 21 days, that's not enough to make it to the next full moon, and even if it did, they'd be nearly finished with the trip. Of course, my money is on the fact that Hecate is on that ship.

Also, here's hoping Lily can make Dorian a more interesting character in Season 3.

I definitely think we're gonna get a handful of American scenes next season. Probably young witch tracks Ethan down or something to that effect. My guess is she shows up and one hand detective gets dragged into this supernatural world. I figured they woulda maybe do it in this finale but I feel confident it'll happen in s3. Especially with a supporting character like Sembene dead now.

After wondering about what they were gonna pull for this season after s1 finale and then knocking s2 out the park im pretty confident that these guys know what they're doing though. Excited for s3.

Side Note: I know it ended with everyone on a boat but did anyone get the impression that Sir Malcom's end/farewall felt final? Like if Timothy Dalton doesn't really show up in s3 I won't be too surprised.

Extra Side Note: Me and a couple goons got that Mr. Claire gate rip satisfaction =)

Tokubetsu fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Jul 6, 2015

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

AFewBricksShy posted:

Frankenstein's face after failing to kill Dorian after already failing to kill Lilly was pretty funny.

I'm now just picturing Friendzone Frankenstein standing in a group of penguins huddling together for warmth, just looking as miserable as ever.

Only if said penguins also had a steady supply of heroin.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
May 1st premiere date. Now teaser:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s17fb7c6zwU

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwafKJyzir8

Another trailer. Show definitely seems to be going some different places visually this season. Only real fear right now is it looks like the frankenstein/dorian gray stuff looks even fruther away from the rest of the cast than it usually is.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Feel like every blurb i see on tv sites gives me the impression this might be the last season too.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
gently caress showtime if we don't get at least one more season of Dr. Hyde & Dr. Frankenstein being world weary lovesick broken mad doctors.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

ShakeZula posted:

I was wondering if they'd be able to get a suitable heavy to play Ethan's father, and I'll be damned if Brian Cox wasn't the perfect choice.

Yeah I don't follow casting news so what a pleasant surprise. I like Josh Hartnett but I'm glad they realized he can't carry an ep, so they surrounded his episode with some solid supporting cast. It was about him but he had to do like 10% of the lifting.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Nordick posted:

"We're going to make you into a proper woman."

Jesus Christ with a bleeding arse, Victor, you irreparable autist.

Also I dread to find out what there is in store for Goonenstein's Monster, I have zero faith that something won't go horribly wrong for him. Probably his family will be eaten by ghouls or someshit.

But at least both he and vanessa dared to love one last time
:smith:

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Solid end but yea. It definitely felt like the show had another 6 or 8 eps worth of material in it that they had to just snip and throw out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Yeah don't be silly just watch the whole thing. The worst element of the show/cast has been and will always be Dorian. He still had moments too though, particularly in season 2.

• Locked thread