Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I like Hartnett and I like Piper's awful accent because she seems to be having so much goddamn fun with the character. This is a show full of scenery demolishers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Pecos Bill?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

eriktown posted:

TONIGHT ON PENNY DREADFUL:

Ethan Chandler is not told what's going on. Sir Malcolm and Miss Ives share significant looks. Brona's accent continues to manipulate the fate of humanity from the shadows to bring about the end of the world. An NPC is messily disemboweled.

I'm down with that...:colbert:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Flesh Forge posted:

I was going to contradict that but y'know, Fates Worse Than Death are actually a big recurring theme in real penny dreadfuls.

This! The show has its issues but my god do they stay true to the themes of the source material. Desperation, poverty, death, lust...all the things polite society won't talk about.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Dalton was Bond right from the original books. He nailed that character.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

VDay posted:

Then watch him basically play a Bond villain in the Rocketeer right after you watch those two. Then watch Hot Fuzz because that's a funny movie and he's perfectly over-the-top in it.

Man, Timothy Dalton's had a pretty awesome career.

And going toe to toe in scenery chewing with Brian Blessed in Flash Gordon.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Book Bond was frequently a thug so I'm okay with Quantum.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
The TV IV > Penny Dreadful: "The League of Extraordinary Scenery Chewers"

So looking forward to the new season.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I want Hyde, Griffin, and Robur the Conqueror.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Oh Emo-Stein...You're such a whiny tool.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Penny Dreadful: "House of Emo-Stein."

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
And the regular broadcast for Season 2 Episode 1 is tonight.

I do like the cast pictures on the website.

http://www.sho.com/sho/penny-dreadful/home

edit: Or was it last night? Emo-Stein save me from this madness!!

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 3, 2015

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I loved the chameleon effect.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Binary Logic posted:

My hope is that he can summon a golem to fight the nightcomers.

If we get a giant clay killbeast I will be with this show forever.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I actually liked the Wolf-Man look. It reminded me of Oliver Reed's make-up in The Curse of the Werewolf. https://mikestakeonthemovies.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/curse-of-the-werewolf-hammer-horror-films-3739574-800-431.jpg

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
The picture was a lot better than I thought it would be.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Victor has every reason to arrange for Emostein's death now too.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
drat! Mr. Talbot's dad is not a nice person.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
She's a demonic witch...He's a werewolf...They fight crime in the old west!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Eva Green loving went for it. That was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I really liked that ending.

• Locked thread