Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
The show gets better, but I feel like the quality (and theme) stays somewhat consistent. It's not like those shows where in season 1 the directors are still deciding what the show is about and suddenly at season 2 it finds the right tune.

Penny Dreadful is a good show but it seems to be more about "the journey than the destination". The climactic moments are... uh... different. I'd say not to hype yourself too much for things to come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I was expecting the orderly to show some lovely parts of his personality but then I realized how tragic it is that the orderly was a nice and sensible human being and then as The Creature he became such a dumbass failtard version of himself. The north pole stuff was killer.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
The characters thought the egyptian vampire was "the master", they kill him and all his minions immediately die. But then Mina was still alive so it implies that the egyptian vampire wasn't her master. So we just assumed the master was Lucifer but then in season 2 Lyle reveals that there are 2 brothers so...

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
Well, the western storyline sure delivered. :stare:

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
Maybe Kaetenay doesn't even know that Ethan is a werewolf, that'd be one goofy twist...

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
Wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Phi230 posted:

Ok throwback time

Why was Dorian who is normally so cool so awkward with Vanessa in the beginning of Season 1 Episode 8? Does he really like Vanessa or something?

For a guy who lives a pretty hedonistic lifestyle of orgies and dissolves his friends in bathtubs he doesn't seem like he should fall for someone

Dorian is super old, I think the implication was that he knew Vanessa from another life.

• Locked thread