Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Well, it was better than Dexter's ending, but that's a pretty low hurdle to jump. Definitely feels like they were told to wrap it up at the last minute. I can't think of many plot lines this season that didn't fizzle out or land as a bit of a dud. Ethan's dad was good, I guess.

Also, that's the best thing they could think of to do with Dracula? They could have had Dracula enter the room as Ethan and Vanessa were praying and done something with it, but instead he just goes off-screen and that's it?

e: I just thought of something. Did Ethan being a werewolf affect the ending in any way?

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jun 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

bull3964 posted:

It was the reason why he was able to act.

Ethan is the person that can destroy Dracula, Dracula put his survival above protecting his obsession which is why he just runs away.

I can buy that as the reason he ran, but as it was written it ended up as a letdown. They built up the wolf of god killing the dragon of hell all season to end with Dracula tossing Ethan around once or twice before getting distracted by the Victorian A-team. I know everyone thinks they could write a better ending whenever they're not happy with a show or movie, but I'm pretty sure this could have been reworked in a way that gave us some closure for the season's (hell, the series') main villain other than cutting the camera away and having a wing swooping sound.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Vanessa Ives: I MUST GO, MY HOME PLANET NEEDS ME.

VANESSA DIED ON THE WAY TO HER HOME PLANET.

At least she died, the camera cut away from Dracula and he just disappeared.

Dr. Jekyll's reveal of being the evil Hyde all along involved treating mentally ill people. Was that supposed to make us think he was a bad person?

None of the main cast ever learned about Frankenstein's work. It might have been fine if Ethan had seen Lily in a crowd or if the Creature (did it ever say his name before he died? I think I missed it) joined them at the grave instead of lingering in the background.

I still don't think this was meant to be the series finale, but this season was a bit like a wet fart.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
You know, now that you mention it that fight sequence did kind of remind me of the Kill Bill Crazy 88 sequence, but not in a good way.

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jul 8, 2016

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I was just about to post that. I'd completely forgotten Dorian's stuff in season 2. Same for season 1, for that matter. Did he do loving anything (besides loving, I guess)?

• Locked thread