Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

The show is a weird mix of stuff that's pretty great and stuff that's just awful. And then sprinkled with stuff that doesn't quite fit, but isn't exactly bad either. It comes from trying to fit all these horror stories together with very different monsters , which is why you have stuff like Gray and Vanessa on one hand, with their themes of the Devil and near Paranormal Activity stuff, and then Frankenstein which is all about just trying to figure out life and the interactions between creator and created. Followed by a gunslinging werewolf and the investigator on his trail.

It means the show goes on a massive rollercoaster ride of quality and tone all through each episode, despite there being a central antagonist and story they're trying to resolve, all their little personal stories interfere at every step. It'd actually fit better if they just made a Twilight Zone thing out of it, but at the same time trying to ram them all together creates a kind of interesting trainwreck that's still somehow, overall, good. Or at the very least interesting to watch unfold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Kegslayer posted:

Dorian's job is to have sex with every cast member until the end of the series where his sexual experience and prowess is finally called upon to save the day.

He'll need to gently caress the devil

Think bigger.

Think God.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Binary Logic posted:

While not explicit in the original story the power of Dorian's portrait could be the result of a deal with the Devil or a witch, which would pull him back into the struggle our heroes are facing.

Yeah, that being the original story, and it works well enough within the confines of this one. He hasn't really been defined as either a villain or a hero at this point, just a sort of nice person who's all into experiencing every delight. Which might make him fall later on, as per the stuff it was based on.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

blablablabla posted:

So nothing happened this week except everyone having awesome sex

That's basically what I got from this, other than a few more people added to the pile of "Will Attack the Protagonists Soon".

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Wait, the next episode hasn't aired for you guys yet? But it's so much fun, how can they hold it back? :(

Edit: Oh, wait, no. Those are just old posts.

This new episode was indeed so much fun! Much better than the last, and now we know why Dorian was kept around.

evilmiera fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jun 8, 2015

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

Blood ball scene was awesome.

I can't remember from the first season, was Ethan the only person to know the old Lily?

Dorian and mr wolfie there were the only people to know her since before, I think.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Grinning Goblin posted:

When I first saw that poster I stared at it for far too long wondering "What animal would make that skull?" :saddowns:

You are not alone. I just thought "Man that is a neat skull, wonder what it is from?" until someone pointed out what it actually was.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I guess the Creature looked horrendous before he died. He's got the worst of luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

That's the end of the show? drat, that severely lacked at least several seasons more.

• Locked thread