Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010
This whole vampire thing is just a misdirect and will be dropped next episode to focus on the adventures of The League of Theatrical Gentlemen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010

Flesh Forge posted:

Frankly after the curve ball they threw with Mr. Proteus, I'm not so sure Ethan Chandler will turn out to be a werewolf, it's too blatant. Brona's going to be the werewolf, the wolves at the zoo left Chandler alone because he carried her skanky scent on his fingers.

And he just happened to want to stick his hands in a wolf's mouth on the off chance the girl he's been banging is a werewolf?

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010
I really hope we don't get any further back story elaborate from Frankensteins first createion and Caliban really just is a massively overly dramatic douchebag. "I learned the depths of human cruelty and depravity in London... I was beaten up by three guys, then some guy i'd never met cleaned me up, bought me dinner, gave me a job and a place to live. I've been working there every since and looking for you. YOU CANNOT UNDERSTAND HOW I HAVE SUFFERED!"

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010
Is there anything at all sympathetic about Caliban at this point? I kind of want Frankenstein to just get the League to come help him kill the whiny overly dramatic rear end in a top hat and have done with it. The people at the theater hate you because you're a pretentious douchebag Caliban, not because you've got a scar on the side of your face.

Shelly's Frankenstein works because we sympathize with the monster and it's desires. Caliban doesn't because he's a vindictive murdering fuckhead who hasn't had it that bad all things considered and can't decide if he's a poor misunderstood creation or the single greatest thing in the universe.

Calico Noose fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jun 3, 2014

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010
I also think it's a bit loving rich for Caliban to be playing the 'I'm so alone!' card when he just got done killing the only other creature like him in existence.

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Which he justifies as a mercy killing.

And then immediately demands Victor make another. :downs:

I'm just saying this would have been a better show if Caliban didn't exist and episode 3 was all about Proteus quest to make 9 other friends.

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010
Or maybe being dead will make it worse :aaa:

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010
At this point is there anything stopping Dr Frankenstein from just going to the police and saying "I am a well-to-do doctor in the employ of a wealthy aristocrat and that creepy weirdo from the theatre has murdered two of my friends"

Caliban literally told you where he lives Victor, either borrow Sir Malcolm's goon squad or call the cops on the murderous emo arsehat.

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010

nutranurse posted:

Man, Caliban really is a monster. And a goony one at that! I felt a little bad for the guy when he got rejected because, you know, that sucks regardless of who you are/how horribly pathetic you are. But killing David Warner like that?

I watch the show with friends and none of us can stop laughing at the Caliban scenes, he brings on such gusto and vitriol when he's describing the torments he's suffered to Victor, but every time we see his life it's really not that bad, he's got friends and the staff of the theatre clearly aren't shunning him even if they don't immediately fall wildly in love with him after 4 sentences and a book.

'A co-worker came in, had a brief friendly chat as I did my work and then didn't immediately swoon into my arms EXISTENCE IS TORMENT! BETTER MURDER A PENSIONER!'

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010
If Victor wants to make him really happy instead of a woman he'll get him a trench coat and a fedora.

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010
Yeah, pretty sure that that super fast albino giants are the vampires, the brides are just what happens when a blood drinking monster uses you as foodstuffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010
What a shocking twist for totally normal human man Ethan Chandler... said nobody ever.

• Locked thread