Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
Oh hey, there's a Penny Dreadful thread. Cool.

I can't decide if I like this show or not. There's something about it that makes me want to keep watching, but some of the acting is just... ugh. I don't know. I'm gonna stick with it for now since it's just starting and might get a lot better, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Wiggy Marie posted:

I will probably watch the entire run and never know if I actually like the show or not. That's how I always feel about HBO/Showtime shows. Still, I loved that seance scene. Here's hoping for more of that.

Yeah it's one of those shows I guess. There's a lot about it that I like, so I'll probably stick with it.

e: who did Vanessa gently caress after the seance? Was that someone I should have recognized?

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
Well I can't say I saw that coming. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm all for hot dudes making out. I was just really surprised.

I can't say I like Caliban. I mean, I know he's not supposed to be a likable character, what I mean is that he isn't particularly creepy or intimidating or much of anything. He just looks like an angry, greasy dude with a skin condition. I dunno.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Jerusalem posted:

Did anyone else think it was kind of jarring how Sir Malcolm jumps from,"I must get my daughter back, this is my sole focus in life!" to,"I can't wait to take off on another expedition and that's suddenly going to become the thing I focus most of my time and attention on!"?

I thought that was super weird to be honest. It kinda came out of nowhere and doesn't seem to make any sense. Unless he thinks there's something there I guess.

• Locked thread