Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Really wasn't expecting Dracula to show up at the end. I thought the vampire from the first season was the only who could make other vampires? He was Satan's brother or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Blackchamber posted:

The Master. My coworker and I were talking about that, and how unfortunate it is they already killed off Van Hellsing.

Im not clear on who the brother of Satan is. The recap made a point of reminding us of the story of two falling from heaven, one to earth and one to hell. If last season was the one from Hell could Dracula be the one that fell to earth, and if any of the characters were guessing it was the Master they wouldn't see him coming then?

I'm sad they didnt do a production notes book like they did for the first season.

As sad as Van Hellsing dying was it was quite possibly the most shocking/hilarious death I have ever seen, right behind Adam 2 being ripped in half by John Clare. Pretty much any time anyone gets introduced I am secretly hoping they get torn to pieces.

Also I'm sure John Clare is going to be really, really sad when he finds out Tennyson died.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It would be great if they introduced the Invisible Man as a character who has actually been on the show the entire time.

Also they should change the opening song to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uE8JmY6abE

the " Frankenstein just cried and jacked it" is very fitting.

Your Gay Uncle fucked around with this message at 20:41 on May 14, 2016

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Period sex is gross

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Satan and Dracula getting friendzoned is so great.

I've only seen the episodes as they've aired so maybe I don't remember, but did they ever say how John Claire died and ended up in Frankenstein's hands? He's got a huge scar on his head, maybe he gets cut up like they were planning to do to Eva?

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I really like Hecate this season. I kind of hope she turns Ethan and he's a full out "gives no fucks" Werewolf in the next season.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

bull3964 posted:

Economics for premium cable shows are all different. You care about subs, not eyeballs. Same is true for Netflix. Netflix needs to calculate how much revenue in subs they get vs licensing fees.

The generally accepted wisdom is that a highly watched show SHOULD correspond to subs, but that may not always be the case.

Your could have the most watched show on Netflix, but if all your viewers would all still subscribe if the show was dropped, you aren't actually bringing in any revenue for the service.

Obviously it's a little more complex than that since one show is rarely the make or break and your have to take into account things like brand image. But subscription services have more to consider than just eyeballs in a timeslot.

I don't understand why they keep putting this show up against Game of Thrones. There's no way they can compete with it, all it's going to do is drive viewership down.

I hope the last shot of this season is Mr. Lyle busting through the door in a spiffy archeologists outfits immediately followed a Mummy

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

BIG HEADLINE posted:

What I got from it is he still desires Lily/Brona, he just wants the more easily-manageable version Victor's pitching. What I hope is they go in an interesting direction and have Jekyll's concoction turn Lily into the monster *he* created.

"Oh hey, seems my wonder drug can only cure Scotsmen of being cunts. When introduced into homicidal Irish whores it makes their accent come back and gives them the ability to breathe fire. Oh well, I never liked London much anyway, Old Man. Shall we away to Marrakesh? Drugs are *really* cheap down there."

Well all the people they tested the drug on were "alive" and not "reanimated alive" so I have a feeling it might not have the calming effect they hope.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
How does Dorian die? Someone has to burn his painting or something? I vaguely remember him having to look at his painting for him to die but he's done that in the show and he's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Vanessa Ives: I MUST GO, MY HOME PLANET NEEDS ME.

VANESSA DIED ON THE WAY TO HER HOME PLANET.

• Locked thread