Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Not counting Netflix views would be pretty silly, considering that's probably how most of Europe watches this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Der Luftwaffle posted:

So far it's been pretty obvious to me which characters are representing those from previous works, but I can't figure out who Hardigan (sp?) is. Or is she a completely original character?

Hartdegen is the last name of the time traveller from the 2002 adaptation of The Time Machine. Make of that what you will. :shrug:

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Yeah, while I didn't feel very attached to Hecate, I really liked Rusk. Ethan's got a lot to make up for now that his survival has cost us yet another badass. :colbert:

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Solice Kirsk posted:

With Twin Peaks coming up next year I pray you're wrong.

It kind of sounded like Lynch basically tricked them into doing what he wanted to do. If season three sucks, it's probably gonna be his doing.

And More fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jun 21, 2016

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Solice Kirsk posted:

It's only the one season they are doing for Twin Peaks right? I kinda hope it doesn't launch into a whole new series.

Yeah, unless something changed, Lynch and Frost intend to wrap things up. I doubt they could keep such a great cast around for much longer than that, anyway.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Having now watched the episodes, it was really good until the final battle. Then everything just went down the drain. Vanessa's death was especially terrible. It felt so out of character for her. Giving up seemed like the one thing she would have never done. All her victories from previous seasons, and all the progress she had made by coming out of her depression this season, and then she just gives up? :(

Memnaelar posted:

Lots of Seven Stages of Grief Penny Dreadful postings on my FB feed right now. Not really sure when the Acceptance part will kick in.

The grief is very real. I'm already wondering whether I should pretend that season three doesn't exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

PostNouveau posted:

I was hoping she was playing Dracula the whole time. Without any kind of twist, the real point where this all fell apart was the 3rd from the last episode.

She goes to the museum intending to kill Dracula, and then in the span of like two minutes completely gives up and agrees to bring darkness over the whole world because he says he can accept her for the hosed up creature she is. That's all it took? If only Mina had known how easily she could have turned her.

I figure, doubt is pretty central to Vanessa's character. Her strongly entertaining the notion of letting the whole world burn is not exactly unexpected. When the entire extended family showed up to save her, she should have reconsidered, though.

• Locked thread