Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nordick posted:

You guys I might be more excited for this than I am for the next Game of Thrones season, and that's quite something because I goddamn love me some Game of Thrones.

If you read the books you'd be correct in not looking forward to the next few seasons of GoT. Though it's HBO so they'll probably fix a lot of the issues that existed in the next two books.

Penny Dreadful was a huge surprise for me last year, and I'm really looking forward to it returning as well. We still need to see the Creature from the Black Lagoon and maybe a banshee or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Also my DVR recorded it Monday sooooo.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pinky Artichoke posted:

I foresee Emostein falling for the blind girl and abandoning his reanimated Billy.

Probably be easier to explain to the blind than to understand the garbled undead rantings anyways.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

OmniBeer posted:

Seriously, I just burst out laughing when I heard her new voice, and immediately thought of all the comments here last season.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

And then he rips her in half when he finds out the horrible put-on Irish accent survived the process.

"I MUST BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND HER, DEMON!"

Still makes me smile.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Irish Joe posted:

Lilly is awfully whiny for the reanimated corpse of an Irish whore.

New thread title?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I find everything with the exception of Dorian to be interesting. Really don't see how they are gonna tie him back into the main plot.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

And it sounds like he is setting up a freak show as well. Jack of Trades that one.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's gotta come back to the main story though. Maybe they'll run into Lily somehow. That could be funny.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Kegslayer posted:

I think the key link is when Frankenstein rocks up with Billy Piper who both Dorian and Werewolf Josh know to be dead.

They should rewrite Dorian as Raymond Reddington, the concierge for the supernatural armed only with his little black book.

:colbert: Dorian we need to find a Catholic Priest of Persian descent who can also read Sanskrit to take part in our ritual and translate this old scroll for us.

:sparkles: Oh yes, you'll want Father James from Manchester, we met in the summer of 24 on a delightful cruise down the Nile. Not much of a talker but by god that mouth of his could sate you for hours and hours under the African sun.

Someone get this slayer of kegs a writing credit!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mouse Dresser posted:

That episode was about 20 minutes of sex.

But congrats to Victor for losing his virginity! :toot:

And he lasted more than a few pumps! I don't care how huge a dead Irish whore's vagina is, thats good for a virgin!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sober posted:

Loved how Caliban was telling Lily that fake story about how they confronted those men asking how the two of them could be together ... and then Dorian pulls the same stunt a little later on.

Really? I thought that was incredibly ham-fisted. I have hope that Dorian and Angelique will tie into the story somehow, but right now it just seems to be there as a Trans acceptance mouthpiece.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pretty disappointed with Angelique's role in the show if thats it. Seems like a long way to go around just to have Dorian poison her because he found something new and she saw his picture. Could have achieved the same thing with just a random party guest.

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Jun 24, 2015

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Irish Joe posted:

Its not a "fridging" by definition because no one gives a poo poo about Angelique.

Was Dr. Frank N. Furter a prominent character in old penny dreadfuls? Maybe its just a call back. Still holdin out hope for Jekyll and Hyde.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'd like to see Jekyll and Hyde myself. Would be a fun one to introduce in the final/next season. Also, maybe get rid of Dorian as he manages to make everything boring and uninteresting. It's like the opposite of what his character is supposed to be.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I honestly can't place if it's the writing or the actor that drags the Dorian scenes down. My feeling is they are both poor, but who knows. You'd think having a tryst with a trans woman who you then murder for finding out your secret and then loving the living corpse of a homicidal Irish hooker would be more interesting.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

John Dough posted:

I'm now guessing that Lily and Dorian will visit the Putneytorium again and discover him there, and she'll be pissed because he's her slave, dammit :mad:

Oh! I like that!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Well we're watching him and paying for it. Guess the joke's on us.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Binary Logic posted:

Can someone gif the amazing fight scene in the cut-wifre's old house with Vanessa stabbing Roper over and over and over and over and over again.

Ha, the old kick, stab, kick, stab combo.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Didn't she ask and he told her? I'd have to rewatch the episode, but I'm pretty sure thats about it.

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jul 1, 2015

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

And everybody is on a boat now. Really looking forward to next season. Maybe there will be a flash forward?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Halloween Jack posted:

That's a ridiculous notion. Sir Malcolm is taking him home, to be buried in his native soil.

More than he did for his son. HEY-OH!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I personally hope for a return of Lily's original accent.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Your Gay Uncle posted:

As sad as Van Hellsing dying was it was quite possibly the most shocking/hilarious death I have ever seen, right behind Adam 2 being ripped in half by John Clare. Pretty much any time anyone gets introduced I am secretly hoping they get torn to pieces.

Also I'm sure John Clare is going to be really, really sad when he finds out Tennyson died.

Well when he's done swimming back to England from the south pole I'm sure it will be a shock.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Good old fashioned bloodgasm and a bunch of links to Emostein's past. Not too bad of an episode.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Think she's gonna remember meeting him in the TB caves somehow?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Did she get a lobotomy? I honestly can't remember that episode. Was it season 1?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

This episode almost felt like a play since it all took place in one room and was totally character driven. My roommate, that has never watched the show before, was 100% transfixed on it and is now plowing through the series to catch up.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

This season has been 100% better because of the very small screen time they've given Dorian. I don't think they're gonna kill him, but I'm hoping he will wind up getting written out by the end of the season.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I just want the Irish accent back!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

cheerfullydrab posted:

Am I crazy, or did it come back a little during her big speech at the Murderous Ladies Auxiliary Dinner?

I didn't catch it, but if they give her the Jekyl medicine it would be a perfect time for them to unleash it back on the world!

"Creature, I must be able to understand her!"

Best drat quote of any of the threads there. Forgot which goon posted it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Martout posted:

I took it more as eyerolling boredom and I've been feeling the same thing about the Lily plot for quite a few episodes now.

He straight up said as much too, and I believe him. He's not afraid of the women, he's just sick of them and their "revolution" as he's been through a bunch of them and doesn't find them entertaining anymore. He's just a spoiled boy looking for something new and thought another immortal would be just the thing only to find her as boring as he finds everyone else.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Martout posted:

He really needs to start seeing someone his own age, Lily is literally a child to him.

Now who do we know that is ancient and depraved and also interesting and handsome? Dorcula, the one true pair.

If we don't get Dorcula then I'm gonna be heartbroken. One of the best portmanteaus ever.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Why can't they just let her be the murderous whore warlord she wants to be?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mouse Dresser posted:

I hope that airing both on the same night isn't a bad omen. :ohdear:

Gonna beat GoT to the finale and maybe boost their views because of it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I thought I saw somewhere that they got a 4th for 8 episodes, but I can't find it anywhere.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Maybe get some good press in the week between its finale and GoT? Which still means beating GoT to the finish line. It's apples and oranges though, there is no way Penny Dreadful can match the numbers or directly compete with GoT. It would be like trying to have Ray Donovan compete directly with The Sopranos. Just ain't gonna be a thing.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

savinhill posted:

You haven't seen Ash vs the Evil Dead obviously

"We hit a deer!"
"Yeah, and then I had to cut it out of the grill with my....chainsaw hand."

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Anyone watching?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

What happened?! I don't have cable for two weeks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dorian did in the show what he does in life. Float in and out of other people's stories looking for something interesting, but ultimately being bored.

• Locked thread