Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

CuddleChunks posted:

Fire the dialect coach then tell Billie to talk in her normal voice and you'd have a fine bit of Victoriana going on. No, they were idiots and had her try on a wretched "Irish" accent. It's ghastly. My show watching friends and I were howling with laughter when she was introduced and then cringing every time she opened her yap.

Lord she's bad, so drat bad. Please please please find some way to soften it or give her no more lines. It's just dreadful.

Everyone else has been fine, can't wait for the next episode. MORE SIGNIFICANT GLANCES AHOY!

The only chance I see of them getting rid of her accent is if Dorian Grey goes all Pigmalion on her rear end or if she gets bride of frankenstein'd (and we already have the flamboyant doctor/scholar!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Flesh Forge posted:

Mister Proteus was not the first person re-animated by Frankenstein (the new character calls himself Frankenstein's "firstborn").
He's the creature from the book. Also, nice touch on having his appearance be based on Bernie Wrightson's illustrations

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Soothing Vapors posted:

Given that Dorian got all turned on by the Lucky Charms Leprechaun coughing up blood I'm guessing he's Dracula?
Nah, he said something like "I've never hosed something that's dying before". He just the rich-inmortal-bored archetype

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

eriktown posted:

It's sad, but that's really more interesting than being a werewolf -.-
Maybe he's a wereotter :v:

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Flesh Forge posted:

True enough, but it was something pretty clearly he was enormously reluctant to do - when he took the medal in the first place he obviously didn't want to do it, and through this episode he'd almost rather shoot her to death rather than do the exorcism thing. I expect that will be justified more in future episodes.

He turns into a priest with the full moon.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

Yes, but I'm talking about people who haven't seen the show. Convincing them to watch something called "Penny Dreadful" is not the easiest sell.

"It's got James Bond shanking an egyptian vampire in the first episode" it's a pretty easy sell though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Mouse Dresser posted:

What other horror characters/stories would you guys like to see in the show?
The Gillman is my favorite Universal monster but asides from a freak-show cameo as a "mer-man of the amazon" I don't see how they would include it :( .

• Locked thread