Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Silver Alicorn posted:

yeah but everyone jumped ship when dazzle's dota dojo was unceremoniously closed

anyway I've been mashing random a lot lately and playing really well, but not winning every game for whatever reason idk. it's not particularly frustrating but I had a 30+ win lead and it's been eroding away

Fuk wit me 2nite and we will win
:huh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
Can I play Tequoia, the Nature's Prophet?

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

chaos dunk into vagine

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Silver Alicorn posted:

Can I play Tequoia, the Nature's Prophet?

Sure but pay attention to the map and push empty lanes. Also be active

Im going to be high as gently caress so lol i wont give any fucks but im sober now so im trying to help

#yolo

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

i'm very active on furion and I often get first blood

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Silver Alicorn posted:

this is the officially sanctioned thread but the iks really don't like dota for no reason

might as well post in the games forum

It's because it's a bad game.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Is there any way to set smart casting like in lol where you just hit escape and click which skills you want to be smart cast one you're in the game without rebinding the keys?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

that depends on what smart casting is

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Quick cast whatever

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Is there any way to set smart casting like in lol where you just hit escape and click which skills you want to be smart cast one you're in the game without rebinding the keys?

Lol noob

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

yeah you have to set your keys to quick cast globally in settings, you can't do it per hero skill unless maybe there's a way to do it with legacy keys

and then you're using legacy keys

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Silver Alicorn posted:

yeah you have to set your keys to quick cast globally in settings, you can't do it per hero skill unless maybe there's a way to do it with legacy keys

and then you're using legacy keys

That's annoying but oh well I guess I'll just always quick cast everything

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Blaze it bros! I have to smoke a shitload of drugs in order to make Dota fun. This is healthy behavior.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I don't do drugs but I enjoy DotA

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
dota is my drug of choice

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Spenny posted:

Blaze it bros! I have to smoke a shitload of drugs in order to make Dota fun. This is healthy behavior.

Fuckin lol if u play dota sober

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I don't play dota, because I'm not a mongoloid.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Waroduce posted:

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Waroduce posted:

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I play it sober because I don't drink anymore and am taking a break from the devil's weed :(

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

dota is fun when you put in the thousand hours required to learn how to play it

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
my mmr is 2500

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

stoutfish posted:

my mmr is 2500

I don't know what mine is

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

BigLeafyTree posted:

I don't know what mine is

play ten games with pubbies and cry

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

stoutfish posted:

play ten games with pubbies and cry

nah I'll just guess 6k and never have to prove it

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm watching these pro dota guys, why does it take them so long to choose their characters? Also, does anyone want to start up a DDRD fantasy league using the item?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Unguided posted:

I'm watching these pro dota guys, why does it take them so long to choose their characters? Also, does anyone want to start up a DDRD fantasy league using the item?

because some heroes are better than other heroes and other heroes are better than those heroes and other heroes are better than those heroes so hero comp. can literally win games on its own and they want to have the best teams.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Unguided posted:

Because strategy. The draft phase has the teams picking and banning from the pool of heroes, and there's a lot to it that flies over the head of pretty much anyone but the biggest dota nerds.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

BigLeafyTree posted:

Because strategy. The draft phase has the teams picking and banning from the pool of heroes, and there's a lot to it that flies over the head of pretty much anyone but the biggest dota nerds.

THE META :qq:

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Unguided posted:

dota fantasy league is a thing?

holy poo poo that is dumb but I kinda am curious now

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Partly, and also how different heroes work together or against each other at high levels of play along with draft strategy like trying to figure out what your opponent is aiming for while not giving away what you're going for. If it's boring to you just skip it and make some food or something, I do.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

meta wins games dude.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

i went 10/0 in the first 10 minutes of this pugna game and then watched our team feed the enemy troll for half an hour until we won victory for compendiums

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

If you really want to meta, figure out how to disconnect their internet connection without it being traced back to you. They can't win the game if they can't play.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Unguided posted:

If you really want to meta, figure out how to disconnect their internet connection without it being traced back to you. They can't win the game if they can't play.

that's how you win lol ranked games

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Spenny posted:

420 Gank Mid

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
dota is literally poison

that's why they call them antidotes

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

ungulateman posted:

dota is literally poison

that's why they call them antidotes

and when you have too much and die you can say you over-dotes'd

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I find Dota chill when I play Bristleback. Carry all the auras and never die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Dugong posted:

I find Dota chill when I play Bristleback. Carry all the auras and never die.

If you can farm AM is the chillest hero. Splitpush everywhere, fly around the map getting as much gold as humanly possible, ignore everything. Blame your team for anything that goes wrong and say "I farmed I did my job." even if it's totally your fault.

• Locked thread