Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cabbit posted:

I mean, you can ignore posters if you think they're bad and don't want to read them. It's pretty handy, and easier than having a pissing match that exacerbates the problem.

Euls is a really good item, so I've just been building that on Oracle as my main focus, but is there anything else I should be going for? Anything interact with his spells really well in a non-obvious fashion?

its not worth ignoring people

i have a clique of people who hang out together and like to call my wife fat every time they see me post and i dont have any of them on ignore

you shouldnt let people get to you on that level man, its not worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Cabbit posted:

I mean, you can ignore posters if you think they're bad and don't want to read them. It's pretty handy, and easier than having a pissing match that exacerbates the problem.

Euls is a really good item, so I've just been building that on Oracle as my main focus, but is there anything else I should be going for? Anything interact with his spells really well in a non-obvious fashion?

The best non-obvious reactions are with Eul's, I think. Eul's purges the heal from Flames, so you can flames - euls - flames - purge -flames to murder anyone forever. Also, you can cancel the cyclone with your purge, although I'm not sure how useful that is.

e: You can also channel fortune's end while they're in the cyclone so you get the full 3-second root when they land.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

the only thing worse than the imp zone posts are the people replying to them in earnest

Like dang do you really think it looks cool when you respond to an obviously silly challenge by waving your mmr dickflag around and going total serious mode over it, it's loving pathetic

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
hot tip for year best games: pick razor

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I'm officially 2/3rds of the way to a worthless red courier! :toot:

maybe then my life will finally have meaning

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Cabbit posted:

You go mana boots -> finish wand -> work on dagon 5. Turn self invisible and zap some poor into the ground. Bonus points if it's a broodmother

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I have formulated the perfect yearbeastmode strategy: Play refresher Zeus, pay the beast points to Zeus ult too. That's more lightning bolts than I have mmr points.

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008
Playing against a coordinated year beast team who has points is literally unwinnable, and the bar for "coordinated" is 6 feet under.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I've been having fun playing Undying in trench tier unranked. Is there anything really worth knowing beyond lane with someone with a stun, wait for the other dudes to push a little bit, hit both of them with decay and drop a tombstone between them and their tower? What items should I be gravitating towards?

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
orb of venom > atos > skadi

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Black Baby Goku posted:

you should look in the mirror more often

I'm too nice to everyone to be the DOTA guy. :v:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I need some Oracle advice. I know how all his skills work, but I'm not entirely sure what items to go for or if there are any sneaky tricks you can pull with him beyond making an enemy magic immune. Any guide out there says Eul's but it feels like other fits might work out.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Feb 14, 2015

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Dramatika posted:

I've been having fun playing Undying in trench tier unranked. Is there anything really worth knowing beyond lane with someone with a stun, wait for the other dudes to push a little bit, hit both of them with decay and drop a tombstone between them and their tower? What items should I be gravitating towards?

You build tanky on undying. You want to live as long as possible to continue to decay people, to put out your damage amp aura from your ult, and to keep healing as poo poo dies around you. Mek, pipe, Shivas, heart, vanguard if you are doing well early. Crimson guard... So forth.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Liu posted:

orb of venom > atos > skadi

Good luck with that Skadi, but Atos is def an A++ pickup. Shiva's Guard is also good.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Valve isn't going to allow me to play this mode. F*ck you, Valve.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

What the gently caress is with this stupid year beast game timing? This is literally the most boneheaded poo poo ever. gently caress you Valve.

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

If you master the shadow feind lasthitting challenge, give the kobold foreman challenge a shot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLr2ns_sQ-o

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

Right after posting that the timer started counting down for a Year Beast queue, got an hour and a half before the timer's out.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I need some Oracle advice. I know how all his skills work, but I'm not entirely sure what items to go for or if there are any sneaky tricks you can pull with him beyond making an enemy magic immune. Any guide out there says Eul's but it feels like other fits might work out.

Euls is really good. I just ended my last game by Eulsing out of a Clinkz' Orchid, disarming him when I landed, and then laughing my rear end off as our farmed PA blinked in to turn him into space vapor with the bonus damage.

The Flames -> Euls -> Flames -> Purge combo is also really nice. Having an urn is also really great, since Oracle's flimsy as hell and you can double up the healing during False Promise if the enemy doesn't have vision to break it.

Euls and an Urn will also take care of your mana problems forever. I've been starting Tangos/2x Gauntlet/Clarity/Courier or Wards -> brown boots -> finish urn -> straight into Euls and it's been great.

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Feb 14, 2015

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Euls is really good on most heroes, though.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
keepo

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

FlyinPingu posted:

Euls is really good on most heroes, though.

It is, but it's even better on Oracle.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
Don't forget that one top ranked Oracle player who exclusively builds him as a right click carry with Orchid -> Skadi.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

FlyinPingu posted:

the only thing worse than the imp zone posts are the people replying to them in earnest

Like dang do you really think it looks cool when you respond to an obviously silly challenge by waving your mmr dickflag around and going total serious mode over it, it's loving pathetic

You really need to stop posting because everything you post is wrong.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
20 min skadi, 25 min aghs

WELL WARDED WELL WARDED WELL WARDED WELL WARDED WELL WARDED WELL WARDED

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
most imp zone posters are also games posters

i just like loving around with a thread because I see who has a sense of humor, then i make friends with them

like groovelord neato, he doesnt get unreasonably angry at video game message board posts so I like him

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Silver Alicorn posted:

Don't forget that one top ranked Oracle player who exclusively builds him as a right click carry with Orchid -> Skadi.
his BAT is really low ok

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Eonwe posted:

most imp zone posters are also games posters

i just like loving around with a thread because I see who has a sense of humor, then i make friends with them

like groovelord neato, he doesnt get unreasonably angry at video game message board posts so I like him
The #1 way to make gamers mad is to make jokes. I learned this first hand when I got banned from a few games/servers for G-rated jokes that didn't target individuals.

I still haven't ended up in LPQ for making jokes in dota though. I did have a 5 stack report me once.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Ability draft is fun.
Stomp + Power Cogs = lockdown out the rear end, on a really short cooldown.
Strafe + Chemical Rage = infinite deeps.
All four at the same time = fun as gently caress.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

my last few Oracle games builds. Its dagons all the way down.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

20 min skadi, 25 min aghs

WELL WARDED WELL WARDED WELL WARDED WELL WARDED WELL WARDED WELL WARDED

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006

Goodpancakes posted:

my last few Oracle games builds. Its dagons all the way down.

every single game ive just done support/utitlty on oracle i just wish i had gone dagon instead, but thats usually because of goon teammates being gimp, thanks for reading, hope you have a nice day

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
HAPPY YEAR BEAST BRAWL EVERYBODY !!!!

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
Wait, is this a new problem? Year beast brawl ticked down, and there's no "join game button"

BabelFish fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 14, 2015

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Russians are now farming items with the prediction gem thing from the Aus server since it's so much easier to win.

lmao

the Zeus told me if we lost he'd kill my family.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
holy poo poo this mode is so bad, lmao

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Russians are now farming items with the prediction gem thing from the Aus server since it's so much easier to win.

lmao

the Zeus told me if we lost he'd kill my family.

Threatening an Australian has to be one of the most futile endeavors in the history of mankind.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

nice, thanks for the most half-assed retarded pay2win game mode you've ever released, valve

loving kill yourselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

But Not Tonight posted:

nice, thanks for the most half-assed retarded pay2win game mode you've ever released, valve

loving kill yourselves

It's a pretty easy game mode to win or lose depending how you (or your team) use your brain(s), long before buying points comes into play.

• Locked thread