Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

My oracle tips from playing him and doing okay:

- way more powerful to play him as support IMO. I like to go Urn (for healing in ult and mana regen), Euls (for breaking silences, setting up stuff for teammates, etc), and Blink (Euls lets you ult and blink away most of the time you're being ganked, which is sick. otherwise, euls and blink away after you ult someone to escape the wrath of the enemy team). I generally get the green healing boots when I go this route, but arcanes/travs would be good too.
- strong mid, but I feel like there are better mids and gankers, so I don't usually pick him for this. I'd probably go euls/blink/manaboots/dagon in some order.
- offlane works sometimes, esp if you get a medallion and level your W early. that way, you can stop their carry from farming, and do some decent damage early with your right clicks. The problem is, if they come to gank you in force before level 6, your positioning better be good enough (ie. you better be far back enough), because you can't really do poo poo to stop them just running at you.

Seriously though, get a buddy who can play carry and just support him. poo poo is straight up broken as long as your other 2 lanes don't feed the game into oblivion. That two and a half second root/purge then disarm combo is brutal, as long as you can a couple mana regen items to keep it up. By the time I have urn/euls, I'm pretty much good to go on mana all game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

so that makes it ok that it's a completely no-effort attempt at a seasonal cash grab?

e: I guess I'd be less mad if I didn't wait two days to randomly hope for a queue to pop while I'm IN DOTA only to lose to some poo poo-talking Spanish-speaking folks

• Locked thread