Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Doom Goon posted:

What was CarbyBot's Ronka Speed Trap number this year? And how many of those were just alcharagia?

quote:

[07:49:04] <~Kyrosiris> .victims
[07:49:06] <@CarbyBot> Kyrosiris: Dr. Clapperclaw's Deadly Speed Trap has snared 184 victims! (106 of them are alcharagia...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

:allears:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I got Dancer 3 out of 4 runs this year, and I don't think I want to use Dancer ever again. That low HP is a huge pain in the rear end.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Kyrosiris posted:

[07:49:04] <~Kyrosiris> .victims
[07:49:06] <@CarbyBot> Kyrosiris: Dr. Clapperclaw's Deadly Speed Trap has snared 184 victims! (106 of them are alcharagia...)

What? Why? How?

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

Nihilarian posted:

I got Dancer 3 out of 4 runs this year, and I don't think I want to use Dancer ever again. That low HP is a huge pain in the rear end.

I think my fondest memory of the Fiesta was the final battle of my first run, where my Equip Shields Dancer blocked an Almagest (LOVE Aegis Shield) and prevented a party wipe right there (since Dancer Lenna had the lowest HP on the team but managed to be the only one standing after that first Almagest). A few Phoenix Downs and Elixirs and my team was back up and went on to take him down, with Lenna also blocking the second and last (and less fatal to my team) Almagest for shits and giggles.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Samuel Clemens posted:

What? Why? How?

:c00l:

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

Samuel Clemens posted:

What? Why? How?

Fast forward

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

How many runs did you do? I have some math I want to do.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

BrightWing posted:

How many runs did you do? I have some math I want to do.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
So that means that you hit the speed trap 11.8 times per run.

:psyduck:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
At least one run had 30+ Speed Trap hits. I think I've hit that Speed Trap enough for Dr. Clapperclaw to have given it to me by now. :colbert:

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
So I've not had my victories confirmed by gilgabot. I tweeted rev to see if he was still adding them or not. It sucks as this was the first time I managed to beat Omega.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I hit it...0 times per run. :smugdog:

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

Poque posted:

I hit it...0 times per run. :smugdog:

:hf:

alchargia, after a certain point, wouldn't your recognize the room the pit is in, and know to slow down beforehand? It just seems so strange that anybody would fall in more than two or three times in succession. :psyduck:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I think I only hit the speed trap once before turning off the speedup.

Sprite141 posted:

So I've not had my victories confirmed by gilgabot. I tweeted rev to see if he was still adding them or not. It sucks as this was the first time I managed to beat Omega.
Keep tweeting the victory tweets until it works.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Hedera Helix posted:

alchargia, after a certain point, wouldn't your recognize the room the pit is in, and know to slow down beforehand? It just seems so strange that anybody would fall in more than two or three times in succession. :psyduck:

You underestimate the gravitational pull of the Speed Trap.

Either that or perhaps I'm the Chosen One.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

alcharagia posted:

You underestimate the gravitational pull of the Speed Trap.

Either that or perhaps I'm the Chosen One.

Obviously, you're destined to become the next Santa, falling down chimneys at an impossible speed.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Nihilarian posted:

I think I only hit the speed trap once before turning off the speedup.
Keep tweeting the victory tweets until it works.

So should I retweet my tweets to gilgabot?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Sprite141 posted:

So should I retweet my tweets to gilgabot?
Yes. Retweet, wait for a few minutes and if he hasn't sent you a confirmation try again.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Nihilarian posted:

Yes. Retweet, wait for a few minutes and if he hasn't sent you a confirmation try again.

Well I can't retweet my own posts, so I'm gonna reply and hope that works. If not I'll tweet to the bot again. Revenantkioku hasn't responded to me as well.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Sprite141 posted:

Well I can't retweet my own posts, so I'm gonna reply and hope that works. If not I'll tweet to the bot again. Revenantkioku hasn't responded to me as well.

I had the same problem, my tweets weren't getting through to RK or Gilgabot. Kyrosiris had to poke RK for me, which caused him to follow me with Gilgabot, and then my victory tweets went through. Is your Twitter only used for Fiesta too? I'm wondering if that might be why there's problems.

Neofelis
Jun 22, 2009
I finished FF5 for the first time ever, and I enjoyed the game. Gilgabot gave me Black Mage, Berserker, Geomancer and Dancer and they all got to level 45 by the time I finished. Had to grind a bit two times, I think.

However, Gilgabot didn't accept my tweet. I tried retweeting as suggested here and on the IRC channel (where I probably forgot to thank everyone!), but that didn't help either. I decided that since I know I finished it and it doesn't really affect anything, I'll just let it be (well, except for the statistics). Might even try again next year.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Neofelis posted:

I finished FF5 for the first time ever, and I enjoyed the game. Gilgabot gave me Black Mage, Berserker, Geomancer and Dancer and they all got to level 45 by the time I finished. Had to grind a bit two times, I think.

However, Gilgabot didn't accept my tweet. I tried retweeting as suggested here and on the IRC channel (where I probably forgot to thank everyone!), but that didn't help either. I decided that since I know I finished it and it doesn't really affect anything, I'll just let it be (well, except for the statistics). Might even try again next year.

Yeah I didn't get any response on retweets for my final run either. But we know what we did! I'm hoping he does it manually over the next week or so, assuming he can access it manually.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Poque posted:

Yeah I didn't get any response on retweets for my final run either. But we know what we did! I'm hoping he does it manually over the next week or so, assuming he can access it manually.

He always approved victory tweets manually. Sadly Twitter seems to have changed something, and both he and Gilgabot don't seem to be receiving tweets from a lot of accounts. I'm afraid I'll discover the same problem next year, since I didn't do any tweets after the change... :ohdear:

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Well, how's that for timing?

Final Fantasy V advance : Sound Restoration and No-framerate-drop Hack posted:

3.0 (September 3rd 2014) : Comply redone the hack from scratch again. I must be masochist. This time, all 69 musics and 186 sound effects were converted directly from the SNES version with the tools I made (some manual editing was also involved). The music driver of the GBA game has been partially rewritten, based on the Golden Sun's sound mixer. High quality reverb, to simulate the SNES sound, is now implemented. The game doesn't lag anymore, even during the final battle where the original GBA port lagged like crazy. The hack is now distributed for all 3 versions of the game (japan, america, europe) instead of just europe. I am ready to eat my shoes if anyone can guess which version is my GBA hack and which one is SNES on a blind test.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Doom Goon posted:

Well, at least 4JF 2015 will be really awesome.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Doom Goon posted:

It almost makes me feel bad that I played the game almost entirely without sound (at work while answering dumb questions on the phone). It sounds awesome but I'd just never get to benefit from it.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

Doom Goon posted:

:sbahj:

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
And here I was thinking the entire time that since I played it on the ps vita, (ps one version), it was the bad version?

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

No, you were right- the PS One version is the Worst Version.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Unless you really get a kick out of Faris speaking like a pirate.

Also I'll try to have my boss guide ready in time for the next FJF. At least I finally finished up World 1.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Yeah, PS1 version has the bestworst script and the best monster names.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Can't forget the loading times on PSX either.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Everybody loves Princess Salsa.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Poque posted:

Everybody loves Princess Salsa.

Except Karl Boss and the Dinglberries.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kyrosiris posted:

Karl Boss and the Dinglberries

My new band name.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

Kyrosiris posted:

Except Karl Boss and the Dinglberries.

The Y Burns are on her side, though.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

The Soccers are also big fans of the ladies. Not so much A drat golem though.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Also, in case you guys want effectively final numbers of the stuff that Carbybot was tracking in IRC:

quote:

[16:29:42] <~Kyrosiris> .victims
[16:29:43] <@CarbyBot> Kyrosiris: Dr. Clapperclaw's Deadly Speed Trap has snared 184 victims! (106 of them are alcharagia...)
[16:29:45] <~Kyrosiris> .broken
[16:29:46] <@CarbyBot> You godless heathens have blazed 287 rods so far. DARE has failed you all.

I almost don't want to make the $18.40 donation that entails because the current $11414.14 donation level is really amusing to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Doom Goon posted:

Y'know I applied this patch and the music works fine and the game looks amazing when I'm in battle or in towns/dungeons but on the overworld map it's horrifically slow. I wonder if that's intentional or if something got screwed up.

• Locked thread