Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

real bad penalties, benfica. real bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Spangly A posted:

penalty shootout will be decided on #4: benfica bottle it

:smuggo:

Two of the worst penalties I've seen in quite a while. Beaten down with a championship player. Should've paid up.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Gigi Galli posted:

That's how you win a shootout, at least someone got that right.

every team should be forced to watch the ivory coast/zambia shoot out to see how its done

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

I didn't want this cup anyway. Like at all. Cup for losers.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Step 1: Pick a side
Step 2: Put your foot through it and keep it on target.
Win

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Spangly A posted:

:smuggo:

Two of the worst penalties I've seen in quite a while. Beaten down with a championship player. Should've paid up.

Benfica scored their 4th pen so you're wrong.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
what's wrong with mbia

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Jose posted:

every team should be forced to watch the ivory coast/zambia shoot out to see how its done

yeah that owned

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
I've been supporting Sevilla ever since I first found out about football (which was right when this game started) so I feel proud after the countless dry hours without trophies we had to endure

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Hegay posted:

How can you not believe that Benfica would lose the 8th final in a row?

They walked over Juve, yeah, I know, but still, they were very comprehensive and competent. I honestly thought this was it this time. lmao

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
LMAO

sircozzie
Jul 8, 2011

Release the Meerkat
How many Euro finals is that Benfica have lost in a row now? Like, 10 since 1960 or something?

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

cheese posted:

Haha great ending. Moral of the story, dont take stupid oval office stutter step penalties.

I was hoping for a botched Panenka, it was definitely the game for it

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

cheese posted:

Step 1: Pick a side
Step 2: Put your foot through it and keep it on target.
Win

Seriously

Instead of jogging and tapping it

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

sircozzie posted:

How many Euro finals is that Benfica have lost in a row now? Like, 10 since 1960 or something?

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
awwww that poor kid, gently caress you Benfica for breaking his heart

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
This is where I melt down and say Benfica were denied two blatant penalties, Cardozo should've stayed on the bench and in fact should've been sold to Turkey over the summer, and Cavaleiro should have been subbed on at least 15 minutes earlier.

e- While I'm whining Beto came super far off his line.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Seltzer posted:

This is where I melt down and say Benfica were denied two blatant penalties, Cardozo should've stayed on the bench and in fact should've been sold to Turkey over the summer, and Cavaleiro should have been subbed on at least 15 minutes earlier.

benfica sucks

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
All of my friends went to Torino im lmaoing all over the place

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Hegay posted:

benfica sucks

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Bela Guttman is rubbing his hands together in jewish heaven

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Hegay posted:

Benfica scored their 4th pen so you're wrong.

Erm Benfica definitely bottled their penalties and it was decided on the fourth, I'm sorry you interpreted my prediction wrong but I can only post what the football gods reveal to me???

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

2 lost finals in a row.

Two.

To add to the other 6 over the last 50 years. Hate everything

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
I would like to think the officials were going to call a retake for Benfica because the Sevilla keeper was so far off his line for those 2 saves, but they saw how utter poo poo the penalties were and decided they didn't deserve to try again.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Mean Bean Machine posted:

All of my friends went to Torino im lmaoing all over the place

It proves you supported the correct team in SCP

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
This is what happens when 4 of your starters can't play due to UEFA conspiracies and leg implosions.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Now a bond film on itv and a bottle of vodka

peace out white people, lol portuguese people (not white)

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Seltzer posted:

This is what happens when 4 of your starters can't play due to UEFA conspiracies and leg implosions.

Benfica are just lovely at finals it's been like that for 50 yrs

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
thank you for the good penalties sevilla

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Did anyone catch Guttman's ghost exiting the ref and flying away?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Seltzer posted:

This is what happens when you fight the Spanish near the Alps

mrg220t
Mar 5, 2007

Kitty no go hungry again with finger food!!!
Did anyone say Badfica yet? Or Benfailca?

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

mrg220t posted:

You are the first there, congrats

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

mrg220t posted:

Benfuckedup

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

cheese posted:

I would like to think the officials were going to call a retake for Benfica because the Sevilla keeper was so far off his line for those 2 saves, but they saw how utter poo poo the penalties were and decided they didn't deserve to try again.

The abusive feinting could have been seen as misconduct. Since the player missed the goal completely, I guess there was no real reason to retake it.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
0-0 lol soccer can be such a bore sport

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

vaginal culture posted:

0-0 lol soccer can be such a bore sport

Really needs to be jazzed up.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
That's that then, congrats Sevilla, rolfmaolulz Benfica, goodnight.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Benfica fans complaining about the keeper being off the line when their players took ages to kick the ball yes the keeper shouldn't take advantage of them being retarded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress that stupid rear end ref who was paid by loving platini and refused to make barely any call for Benfica, including two clear penos, gently caress Beto for being so good and being a cheating oval office in penos too, gently caress Cardozo for being a useless stupid donkey who should've been sold for scrap years ago, gently caress this whole "giving a chance to national talent :downs:" shitshow because Andre Gomes isn't worth his weight in horse manure (let me just loving pretend i'm Zidane ten times in a row), gently caress jorge jesus why the gently caress would you get rid of Gaitan before a peno shootout and also doing it in the worse way possible for Ivan Cavaleiro, who couldn't do gently caress all because he was subbed in with one minute left

gently caress this club, gently caress this country

gently caress everytihng

• Locked thread