Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
So let me get this straight - your Mayday PAC, which started May 1st and decided to raise money from leftists in the month of May, has nothing to do with May Day and is instead all about a ship in distress? If that's the case, wouldn't this fundraising effort have been better suited to April for the Titanic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Jagchosis posted:

by ripping off people even dumber than him. you can turn it into a job too, by getting a cisco certification

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=248gcCvAIMU

trigger warning for extreme awkwardness

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

quote:

Mark McKinnon — Board Member, Treasurer - “McKinnon is evidence that principled centrism is not an oxymoron,” wrote John Avalon in a Daily Beast column about the 25 Best Centrist Pundits. “McKinnon piloted John McCain’s 2008 primary campaign to victory."

:eyepop:

Yes, appeal to the notoriously centrist community in DnD

also, he's working with the guy that hired Goldfarb to begin with

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Can we talk more about how hilariously dumb this proposal is? Because everything about it is dumb. You have to believe that public financing prevents corruption, that the superPAC run by one of the elites will actually work toward that goal, that neoliberal messages are more palatable when they appeal to leftist imagery, etc.

I suppose the only saving grace for Mr. Boyko is that he read enough about Goons to know which forum to post in.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
lmao he took the phone list and left the party

quote:

Since I’ve started working with the Democratic Party, I see so many people working hard to raise money, from the top down. Raising money is important to winning, I get that. But honestly, it is better in the long term to lose individual races if it means winning the war on systemic corruption.

tell me, how many wars do you win when you let every one of your troops die

Mayor Dave fucked around with this message at 09:18 on May 17, 2014

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

goatse.cx posted:

a bunch of really stupid bullshit

lmao he's a south park republican

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
do this forever

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
I was scrolling through his extensive reddit post history, and I'm positive I saw him mention Sweden and Denmark as potential relocation targets as well. He's pretty much hit every cliche for disaffected white males dreaming of moving to another country where they "get it" (with the exception of Japan (mai waifu)).

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
All the money out of politics and into Brian Boyko's "Make My Little Pony Real" SuperPAC

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

OwlBot 2000 posted:

Everyone's bashing this idea but I don't see what they've got that's any better. Some have even said that "taking money out of politics" doesn't do enough, but that seems like precisely the solution.

Literally burning the money would be more of a solution, how can they possibly spend 5 million dollars in a way that reduces the influence of money in politics, it is a tautology

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Haha Lawrence Lessig is now a member of the 1 percent, his net worth is now above 5 million dollars

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
honestly I'd capitalize on Internet autists if I had no moral compass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Wtf, what happened to my mock thread, I came here to see bronys getting owned repeatedly not Goons owning themselves

• Locked thread