Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

brianboyko ‏@brianboyko May 10
I've always wondered why there's no such field as "political engineering." "Science is about what is. Engineering is about what CAN be."

gently caress's sake. They're multiplying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

OwlBot 2000 posted:

Eh nothing wrong with that.

Except it's trite and doesn't mean anything.

"I've always wondered why there's no such field as "legal engineering." "Science is about what is. Engineering is about what CAN be."

"I've always wondered why there's no such field as "cake engineering." "Science is about what is. Engineering is about what CAN be."

"I've always wondered why there's no such field as "networksnetworksnetworks engineering." "Science is about what is. Engineering is about what CAN be."

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

This was a really depressing listen. Lessig really has mastered the art of talking a lot without actually saying anything. He's also astoundingly naive.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Munin posted:

Well, you could go and have a laugh at Mike Masnick who also fully bought into this entire MayOne/MayDay stuff:
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/2...-politics.shtml

Mike Masnick is a Silicon Valley libertarian, it's no surprise he's bought into this.

• Locked thread