Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Come up with an original idea:

American People Hire High-Powered Lobbyist To Push Interests In Congress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I understand the feeling that doing anything is better than nothing, but don't forget that the money you're raising isn't from some Billionaire's fun money account. It's important that you get results and on the face of it, it doesn't look like you have much of a real plan.

I do think there's viable strategies, but I don't think a SuperPAC for regular people is going to work.

The average donation was $87, right? I don't know about other states but in Arizona, a $5 donation can go a long way towards triggering public funding for a campaign. For that much money you could donate $5 to every person running. If all 11,000 of your donors were from AZ, you'd be able to trigger public finance for both parties, something I'm not actually opposed to.

http://www.azcleanelections.gov/candidates/for-candidates/running-for-office.aspx

Your website looks like it's focusing on national elections. I'd be more willing to contribute if it were geared towards getting every state on a public funding model. That's a viable goal.

Edit:

Do we have an active local politics thread? I might start one if people are interested, I'd love to talk about canvassing and precinct committee election stuff.

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 11:06 on May 15, 2014

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Last night I thought this thread would be a disaster. I am so glad to be wrong. This is the best thread.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Mo_Steel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-xFypjUqTM

I think he could pull off Chris Farley no problem. We need a straight-man to pair him up with though.

Maybe Paul Ryan?

Paul is right winger while Brian is a liberal.
Paul likes to work out, but Brian a lazy slob!
Paul likes Rage against the Machine, but Brian likes Ponies!
Will they learn to put their differences aside, learn to live with each other and win the election?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

It's almost like this guy has lived his entire life in order to make this amazing thread. Nothing else makes sense.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I keep getting that South Park Brian Boitano song stuck in my head, but with Boyko lyrics instead.

What would Brian Boyko do, if he was here today? I bet he'd make a blog or two, that's what Brian Boyko'd do.

The whole chicken wings part of the song in the DVDA version works without any changes.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

On SA he signs his posts.
On Wikipedia he doesn't.

Way to be wrong at everything.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Dracula Factory posted:

This has to be some sort of long-form performance art.

He and Herman Cain are part of the same troupe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Xandu posted:

What did he link? Not clicking on that.

Horse person with exposed breasts and horse penis that pulsates and ejaculates.

Basically MayOne in gif format.

• Locked thread