Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Billy Pilgrim posted:

Went ahead and took the last spot in AdjectiveNoun's league. Let's get that draft done before the EU LCS kicks off on tuesday.

Just to be clear, the points totals you see are just expected points for that week of play right? I assume they're adjusted for the actual matchups so a team and players that are going up against EG/CoL/Curse will have higher expected point totals that week than a team facing TSM/C9/CLG

Correct they're estimated. Still, though..I clearly got some really good picks. I have no idea how good LMQ and CoL players are though..I didn't watch relegations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Obscurity posted:

Correct they're estimated. Still, though..I clearly got some really good picks. I have no idea how good LMQ and CoL players are though..I didn't watch relegations.

No one else knows which is why they're not the safest picks

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009
I ended up starting another league with some friends and ended up with a pretty good draft in my opinion.

I would appreciate any criticism I could get on the team I drafted including suggestions if possible.

I decided to put some faith in the Korean CLG potential, which is why I picked up Seraph. It is worth mentioning that Balls/Dyrus/Ackerman we're already taken by the time I picked up Seraph.

Dox023 fucked around with this message at 20:16 on May 18, 2014

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Hey guys, thanks to everyone that signed up in my league. I see that VivaNova won't be around today and League Creation still seems to be closed anyway. I've got work tomorrow and won't be available until around 8/8:30 PM (Mountain Standard Time), so let's hope that League Creation's back open then, I guess. If not, I'm free all of Tuesday, so we'd have to start then, even if it's a bit past the EU LCS start. :/

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Obscurity posted:

Since I'm an impatient man I joined a random league on reddit. Didn't get all the picks I wanted, but I have the highest point team out of my whole league. I think I still did pretty well:

I wanted CLG Seraph for my top as a sleeper, CRS Xpecial for my support, and CLG Doublelift for my ADC.

I feel like you'll legit never use Edward though -- I made a similar mistake taking Diamond when I already had Meteos in jungle and Vasilli in my alternate spot. I think Fnatic is a good call for back-ups cause barring a huge losing streak they seem poised to do really well.

But other than that, that's a stacked loving team.

Billy Pilgrim
Dec 20, 2005
Poo-tee-weet?
Grimey Drawer

AdjectiveNoun posted:

Hey guys, thanks to everyone that signed up in my league. I see that VivaNova won't be around today and League Creation still seems to be closed anyway. I've got work tomorrow and won't be available until around 8/8:30 PM (Mountain Standard Time), so let's hope that League Creation's back open then, I guess. If not, I'm free all of Tuesday, so we'd have to start then, even if it's a bit past the EU LCS start. :/

I think they open up league creation briefly every hour so you have just be :f5:ing at the right time. Probably a good idea to make it now rather than hope it's open by the time we're all around for drafting. Ignore all this if you already knew it, I'm just making sure.

As an aside, I find it kind of baffling how overwhelmed Riot was by the community interest in this thing. I don't think fantasy sports are really a thing in my country and maybe the rest of Europe but even I know they're loving huge in America. I wonder if they didn't expect the massive turnout or if it was just prohibitively expensive to actually prepare for it.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
New fantasy league up for anyone who didn't get into SilverSquid. DiamondDewgongs.
http://fantasy.lolesports.com/en-US/join/league/101734/cWJZpy8wGHbNOT9onxNv

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Flameingblack posted:

New fantasy league up for anyone who didn't get into SilverSquid. DiamondDewgongs.
http://fantasy.lolesports.com/en-US/join/league/101734/cWJZpy8wGHbNOT9onxNv

I joined this one. Any idea when we want the draft?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

mistaya posted:

Silver Squids: You guys want to say Monday night at like 6pm EST? We need to set a time and Luna was suggesting a window that was a bit too wide.

I'm down with that.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

AdjectiveNoun posted:

I will be gone most of the day Tuesday as it's my Fiance's daughter's birthday.

Edit: spelling

Zaekkor fucked around with this message at 04:29 on May 19, 2014

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Killed By Death posted:

I joined this one. Any idea when we want the draft?
We'll start an hour before LCS on Tuesday. If we can't gather those members, than an hour before LCS starts on Wednesday.

http://esportcalendar.com/

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Billy Pilgrim posted:

I think they open up league creation briefly every hour so you have just be :f5:ing at the right time. Probably a good idea to make it now rather than hope it's open by the time we're all around for drafting. Ignore all this if you already knew it, I'm just making sure.

As an aside, I find it kind of baffling how overwhelmed Riot was by the community interest in this thing. I don't think fantasy sports are really a thing in my country and maybe the rest of Europe but even I know they're loving huge in America. I wonder if they didn't expect the massive turnout or if it was just prohibitively expensive to actually prepare for it.

I did not know this, so thanks for the heads up. Making the league now, I'll post a link in the Google Sheet when I'm done (Edit: which is right now)

EDIT: Congrats on your fianceé's daughter's wedding, Obscurity. Will you be available in the early morning (say 7-9 AM EST)? Or late evening/night (11 PM-1 AM EST)?

AdjectiveNoun fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 18, 2014

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Flameingblack posted:

We'll start an hour before LCS on Tuesday. If we can't gather those members, than an hour before LCS starts on Wednesday.

I don't think I'll be able to make it for 3 PM GMT sharp, but I should be able to make it well before 4. Would that be ok?

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

AdjectiveNoun posted:

I did not know this, so thanks for the heads up. Making the league now, I'll post a link in the Google Sheet when I'm done (Edit: which is right now)

EDIT: Congrats on your fianceé's daughter's wedding, Obscurity. Will you be available in the early morning (say 7-9 AM EST)? Or late evening/night (11 PM-1 AM EST)?

Lol you read that wrong. BIRTHDAY! Anyways..I can probably be around late night.

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011
So if I understand this correctly and I'm EUW, I can only join leagues with other people from the EU? If so, is anyone doing an EU league?

Billy Pilgrim
Dec 20, 2005
Poo-tee-weet?
Grimey Drawer

Khaba posted:

So if I understand this correctly and I'm EUW, I can only join leagues with other people from the EU? If so, is anyone doing an EU league?

No I'm pretty sure you can join any league from any region. The only problem might be finding a good time for drafting with different timezones. You should be able to join Flameingblacks league if it isn't full yet.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

Obscurity posted:

Lol you read that wrong. BIRTHDAY! Anyways..I can probably be around late night.

I got married yesterday!

So the current plan is Monday night?

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

VivaNova posted:

I got married yesterday!

So the current plan is Monday night?

Seems like it, but we still need 5 of the people who expressed interest in Google Sheets to sign up in the League itself - there is a link in the Google Sheets to it.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Hadn't noticed the league was created. I just joined with my team.

Toenail Ninja
Sep 10, 2003

Superman is back!
It's great!

Obscurity posted:

Hadn't noticed the league was created. I just joined with my team.

Same here. I'm good with evening drafting as well. Are we going to coordinate in game or something?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not even sure how this happened since I never posted my signup link outside of SA. :stare:

Diamond Dewgong's is still open if anyone's interested. We plan on drafting Tuesday when the EU LCS starts:
http://fantasy.na.lolesports.com/en-US/league/101734

And the start time:

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 16:34 on May 19, 2014

Toenail Ninja
Sep 10, 2003

Superman is back!
It's great!

Flameingblack posted:

I'm not even sure how this happened since I never posted my signup link outside of SA. :stare:

It looks like you can just change one of the numbers in the link to sign up and it works. I created a league for my friends and I just tried changing one of the numbers in my sing up link and I was able to create a team for "The Big Dick Club"...

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Toenail Ninja posted:

It looks like you can just change one of the numbers in the link to sign up and it works. I created a league for my friends and I just tried changing one of the numbers in my sing up link and I was able to create a team for "The Big Dick Club"...
Yeah, but I'm more curious as to why a random Rioter has stumbled into my team. I know a good amount of Rioters who work for Customer Service but I've never met this guy before.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

:siren: Silver Squids REMINDER: Drafting at 6pm EST TONIGHT

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

AdjectiveNoun posted:

Seems like it, but we still need 5 of the people who expressed interest in Google Sheets to sign up in the League itself - there is a link in the Google Sheets to it.

Tonight works for me.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Flameingblack posted:

Yeah, but I'm more curious as to why a random Rioter has stumbled into my team. I know a good amount of Rioters who work for Customer Service but I've never met this guy before.

A guy who used to post on SA with the username TiredDaemon works for riot, he's probably lurking or got linked by someone here.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

mistaya posted:

:siren: Silver Squids REMINDER: Drafting at 6pm EST TONIGHT

I'M READY.

Oh speaking of which, are we planning to get on Skype/Mumble/whatever for the draft? I think it would add to the fun.

AttackBacon fucked around with this message at 20:08 on May 19, 2014

BrainToad
Dec 31, 2008

Flameingblack posted:

He's a goon. He just doesn't post in the thread anymore (I don't blame him).

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

AttackBacon posted:

I'M READY.

Oh speaking of which, are we planning to get on Skype/Mumble/whatever for the draft? I think it would add to the fun.

Id be down for some Mumble talks so we can bm each others picks. I might be about 15 minutes late but i will be on ~6pm est so dont afk if im not there immediately

semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga

Flameingblack posted:

He's on SA is why.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Luna Was Here posted:

Id be down for some Mumble talks so we can bm each others picks. I might be about 15 minutes late but i will be on ~6pm est so dont afk if im not there immediately

Definitely, which Mumble server?

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

It's time Squids! I'm in DRAVEN on the synirc mumble if you all want to join.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Flameingblack posted:

Diamond Dewgong's is still open if anyone's interested. We plan on drafting Tuesday when the EU LCS starts:
http://fantasy.na.lolesports.com/en-US/league/101734

And the start time:

I joined this.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

mistaya posted:

It's time Squids! I'm in DRAVEN on the synirc mumble if you all want to join.

What's the info on that one? I don't have it in my list. You can just PM it to me.

Edit: "Live drafting is temporarily closed as we've reached peak number of concurrent drafts. Availability should open up in the next 15-30 minutes, so check back shortly!"

AttackBacon fucked around with this message at 23:10 on May 19, 2014

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Mumble info is in the PGS thread

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Servaetes, we need you friend!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

:siren: Diamond Dewgongs is filled up now, and we will be drafting at 10:30am EST, is that okay with everyone, or should we wait until Wednesday :siren:

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Fuckin ServaetesBot auto drafts Sneaky AND Doublelift, ends up with 458 estimated points week one. We're all hosed.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

It looks like we're still missing a few teams on AdjectiveNoun's league. If you signed up for his league, join the league here: http://fantasy.lolesports.com/en-US/join/league/105673/mnmkbBKsVL5APhaGZTy9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Flameingblack posted:

:siren: Diamond Dewgongs is filled up now, and we will be drafting at 10:30am EST, is that okay with everyone, or should we wait until Wednesday :siren:

I'm down with that. See ya in two hours!!

• Locked thread