Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
I'd also love to join a league if there's still space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Darn, got off work too late for Kynazeras' league. I'll set up another one over the weekend if there's interest (assuming league creation is open again at that point)

Here's a super lazy copypasta of Kynazeras' GDocs Spreadsheet - so lazy that the fantasy league doesn't even have a name yet! If you're interested put your name etc. in.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kH4mQ71jb22-Lydo9vF0oto6UkHjEfthpFrSP7KmLMU/edit

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Darkoni posted:

Tried to sign up. How do I edit the doc to put my name in?

I'm an idiot who forgot to make it so people could edit. You should be able to now.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Hey guys, thanks to everyone that signed up in my league. I see that VivaNova won't be around today and League Creation still seems to be closed anyway. I've got work tomorrow and won't be available until around 8/8:30 PM (Mountain Standard Time), so let's hope that League Creation's back open then, I guess. If not, I'm free all of Tuesday, so we'd have to start then, even if it's a bit past the EU LCS start. :/

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Billy Pilgrim posted:

I think they open up league creation briefly every hour so you have just be :f5:ing at the right time. Probably a good idea to make it now rather than hope it's open by the time we're all around for drafting. Ignore all this if you already knew it, I'm just making sure.

As an aside, I find it kind of baffling how overwhelmed Riot was by the community interest in this thing. I don't think fantasy sports are really a thing in my country and maybe the rest of Europe but even I know they're loving huge in America. I wonder if they didn't expect the massive turnout or if it was just prohibitively expensive to actually prepare for it.

I did not know this, so thanks for the heads up. Making the league now, I'll post a link in the Google Sheet when I'm done (Edit: which is right now)

EDIT: Congrats on your fianceé's daughter's wedding, Obscurity. Will you be available in the early morning (say 7-9 AM EST)? Or late evening/night (11 PM-1 AM EST)?

AdjectiveNoun fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 18, 2014

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

VivaNova posted:

I got married yesterday!

So the current plan is Monday night?

Seems like it, but we still need 5 of the people who expressed interest in Google Sheets to sign up in the League itself - there is a link in the Google Sheets to it.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Obscurity posted:

It looks like we're still missing a few teams on AdjectiveNoun's league. If you signed up for his league, join the league here: http://fantasy.lolesports.com/en-US/join/league/105673/mnmkbBKsVL5APhaGZTy9

Seconding this. First come first served at this point as far as spots go, as soon as the the league is full I'm going to start Draft Mode (and obviously post here just to make sure you guys know it's happening).

Also, making an IRC chatroom on synirc now, called #YourTeamSucks, so we can BM and generally chat as we draft.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Points aren't the be-all end-all this early, though. Some players are really far below their actual value (Amazing and Seraph stick out most to me here)

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Obscurity posted:

AdjectiveNoun ~ Did you give up? Die? Hey -- let us know the situation for our draft! <3

Sorry, work has been super busy the past week and I've not had much time for this. Should be good for the foreseeable future, though.

We'll be doing the draft at 4 PM EST on Saturday; if all 8 participants are in #YourTeamSucks. If not, I'll make a 6 or 4 man league based on the people who are there at the time.

It should be fun, especially now that we all know that some highly-rated players aren't actually worth first picking :p

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

mistaya posted:

If you end up needing people I kinda want to do a second draft now that I have a better idea of how this works!

Sure thing, I'd definitely like to have players over bots drafting. If it looks like we'll have more bots than players I'll just start a new league and post a link to it here.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
:siren: Gonna draft a league in an hour (56 minutes, technically), head to #YourTeamSucks on synirc if you're interested in playing in another league! :siren:

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
We need one more player for a league! First come first served, sign up here! http://fantasy.lolesports.com/en-US/join/league/243739/5iqhXEOMQjJ7OU9bkQut

Also join #YourTeamSucks on Synirc, so we can shittalk each other's picks!

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Zwingley posted:

It's totally okay :) I wasn't on Mumble, so I couldn't tell anyone not to ruin my glorious plan of outsourcing all of my points to superior countries. :china:

I'd feel bad if I signed up for a second goonleague, but edit and let me know if you really can't find one more dude and I'll draft again. :v:

Go for it dude :)

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Dang, this week's going to be so close in my match with Zwingey, thanks to Dig crushing LMQ. (1.8 points in his favour between our two teams) Tomorrow's going to be pretty tense.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
I don't see how they can do a fantasy league for worlds that's even remotely balanced, but I would love to see the expansion of Fantasy leagues to OGN (at least group stage) and LPL. And GPL while we're at it, why not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Yeah, 6-man league seems to be the way to go, unless they expand the LCS to 10 teams. 8-man left you with almost nothing worth grabbing from the unpicked pool.

• Locked thread