Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
I feel for anyone who picked Soaz or anyone on Roccat, those were some very saddening points.

Still, Roccat has another game today so we'll see how bad it can get.

Current scores (Shamelessly stolen from reddit)

pre:
Fnatic vs SK              Roccat vs Millenium
Player	        Points    Player      Points    
sOAZ	        3.84      Kev1n	      9.8 
Cyanide	        12.15     KottenX     7.0
xPeke	        17.24     Kerp	      14.37
Rekkles	        15.58     Creaton     13.2   
YellowStar	4.89      Jree	      10.89
Team FNC	7         Team MIL    21

fredy122	9.77      Xaxus	      1.78
Svenskeren	17.68     Jankos      0.29
Jesiz	        13.93     Overpow     6.78
CandyPanda	20.3      Celaver     6.01
nRated	        16.73     Vander      0.34
Team SK	        14        Team ROC    2

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Darth Windu posted:

I had Xpeke, Cyanide, and Candy Panda. Almost ideal, really.

Only Cyanide was a bit weak out of those three, so a good haul.

I subbed out VandeR last night for Nyph after hearing about Roccat's rustiness and in a fit of indecisiveness and my gosh am I glad for it.

Is it worthwhile for me to post more point results here?

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 19:42 on May 20, 2014

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Having Kerp might be great for you in the long run still, if they keep having long games where Kerp gets a lot of kills.

They don't score extra for Baron steals though, sadly.

e: Kerp got 41 points that game, holy crap!

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 20:54 on May 20, 2014

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

henkman posted:

Jankos is my jungler

You might get some redemption this game, Roccat are already ahead.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
I guess Gambit saw Roccat's bad scores vs Millenium and decided that they could top them!

Edward was worth negative points this game...

e: Looking at these first few games it seems like long games where a person can get a lot of kills without actually closing (like Millenium did) will be very very good for points, even if its not better from a winning perspective.

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 22:28 on May 20, 2014

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

IBentMyWookie posted:

Should I drop Diamondprox for Brokenshard? I had no idea Gambit was going to look this sloppy.

It's the first week so I'd give it some time yet - maybe this will motivate GMB but its hard to tell

CoL might be just as bad too.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
At least they're getting a lot of assists in the games, if they continue to have long games full of dogpile teamfights it will be good for consistent points

Depending on which gambit shows up tomorrow they should be able to get a bunch more tomorrow too.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
EU is a mess but there are some upsides - nobody knows how to close games right now so the games go quite long and give huge points for everyone. This is part of why Kerp is raking in so many - MIL doesn't know how to play a short game, nor have any of their opponents so far. This even benefits the losers - because of the low relative value of deaths as long as they get a bunch of kills/assists/CS they'll probably score a lot.

Objective focused teams that win by shutdown domination also will likely produce lets points even if they have a controlling victory - this might be a risk for C9 and CLG, who had a few low-kill affairs last split where they out-rotated the opponents hard. On the flipside these are the worst case for the opponent - like how Roccat blanked Gambit yesterday.

E: For future weeks it might be worthwhile to look out for battles between lower ranked teams which can be long and bloody, and thus a gold mine for fantasy points. Like there was a game between SHC and MIL last split that had 50+ kills in it (35 for MIL, 16 for SHC). Of course, its a risk and it could end up being a game where it doesnt happen. Hard to tell with EU's consistency.

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 08:00 on May 22, 2014

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Someone listed the top EU performers on Reddit thread, it's a nice little resource: http://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyLCS/comments/268y6z/spoiler_top_performers_eu_lcs_week_1/

Ninkobei posted:

If Mr Rallez is going to rock this hard (1620 CS) every week you guys better watch out. Now time to watch the Bjergerking/Xiaoweixaio combo rack up some points!

Especially if SHC get better at fighting and positioning!

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Whoever has Shiphtur just hit the jackpot

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
About 51 points

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Obscurity posted:

My reddit league has Shiphtur in flex and Bjergsen in mid slot. How do I move these around!?

You'd have to switch Shiphtur out of the flex position with someone on your bench and then switch him with Bjerg.

e: Oh I didnt know you could drag them around too.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Seraph on a carry top, lets hope he racks up the kills for me!

e: Nope, guess not.

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 01:24 on May 24, 2014

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Welp, my lead that I had from EU choices got destroyed when Seraph died in every teamfight and Turtle fed almost as hard - my opponent had Vasili and Bjerg, so won off of that.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Need some advice on who to start next week.

I have Hai and Jesiz for Mids and MrRallez and Wildturtle for ADCs. I started Hai and Turtle with Jesiz on flex and Hai/Turtle/Seraph lost me my matchup.

I subbed out Seraph for Freddy (a slight upgrade, not great but it's workable) - and put in Rallez in ADC. Now, should I have Hai or Turtle as my flex?

My gut says Hai because Turtle is feeding worse and C9 should at least take a win off of Curse whereas TSM facing Dig and CLG is questionable. SK has a 50/50 week too, I think they should beat Roccat but lose to alliance but everyone gets points in EU so far it seems which is good for Jesiz.

I could also pick up Innox, Quas or Youngbuck on top but I'm not sure any of them would be safer than Freddy/Seraph.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Freaksaus posted:

Is there any interest in an overview of best scoring players/teams? I finally figured out how to get all the fantasy data so I could make some nice overviews. Right now it's impossible to find out stats from players that are in alternate slots of other people in your league for example.

As an example, this would've been the best Draft for week 1:

That would be pretty cool, yeah.

Seeing the Worst would be interesting too.

Man, it sucks that Gleeb, Amazing and Dyrus all get top in slot and then Turtle stinks it up by doing worse than his support.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Freaksaus posted:

edit: I'm not sure what the situation is with YellowPete. He only played a single game, should he be getting the points from Altec since you couldn't pick him at the start of Week 1 or are people that picked Pete(who would do this?) just hosed.

He only got points for 1 game. They had mistakenly put him getting Altec's points in the 2nd game but they later fixed it

Still, people who picked Pete and started him would have been hosed anyways even if he played all four. Would have been nice if Altec was open but it did happen kind of abruptly.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Freaksaus posted:

It's all just really dependent on the strategies used in the specific games. Last week all Alliance were good for a ton of points. One of my friends has just about everyone from Alliance and he had close to 600 points.

Yeah, I think that strategy part will be the stickiest thing about predicting point gains from matchups; since even if a team may be winning handily or closely it could happen in both a high-point or a low-point manner. Whether we see a tactical game, or a bloody slaughter could vary from game to game. Even matches that are deadlocked can be low kills and just be a bunch of players rotating around the map tentatively.

This isn't as much a problem with teams who are less likely to do this type of thing though.

e: Case in point, Alliance and SK, two teams who played tactically in the last few games, mysteriously have a standard-lanes match with a pile of kills and suddenly produce more points!

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 30, 2014

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
SHC had another good scoring week - granted, this was an easy one for them so it might be different when they get into harder matches.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Flameingblack posted:

Considering how well their support player did, I think SHC will probably continue to score really well, even in hard matchup weeks since they're probably least afraid to brawl than most other teams in EU right now.

Yeah, thats my gut feeling too - they fight a lot and get kills even in losing affairs, which is much better than just being shutdown. Especially MrRallez, who posted good records last split even with the albatross that was Mixga in his lane, so there's no reason he can't do the same or better in this one.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Colonel Squish posted:

Wow, I assumed Celaver was the best I had to fill my Flex pick but I just check the top scorers for the week and I saw my name next to two of the best scorers for Week 2. I had two of the top scorers this week sitting on my bench because I assumed my bench was garbage.

I looks like the age of Celaver has ended and the much greater era of SELFIE has begun. Seriously, SELFIE earned more than 10 points than my team's highest scoring and he was sitting on the bench... God damnit.

e: drat, on the other hand SHC plays Alliance and FNatic this week.

SHC should be able to get some points against Fnatic at least. Versus Alliance is uncertain but SHC's unabashed desire to teamfight might still give rewards though - and they did beat alliance previously (I'm not convinced they can repeat it though)

e: Roccat is playing Alliance and Fnatic too, heh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

buffybot posted:

What is going on with C9? I didn't expect them to get thrashed by EG of all teams. Or COL for that matter. Man, I can't believe I'm thinking about benching sneaky. :(

Yeah, I had Hai starting and that was...not a good showing for him

• Locked thread