Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010
The Chip-8, could it load data from files or was it simply hand loaded into RAM?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010
Well, reading through the documentation there appears to be a command called 0x0nnn which is used by the system to jump to another section in the machine. If I'm not wrong, that is a 20bit address space. There are 8 reserved 0x0nnn instructions, 2 from the original Chip-8 and 6 from Super-48 but any decent compiler can get around that.

I've got a major assignment I've got to do for Uni. I don't really know how to do this, but this seems like an interesting project and I want to help. Do you think we can talk?

EDIT:

And already wrong, it's a 12 bit address. I'm an idiot and forgot how hexadecimal works. But still, the RCA-1802 has a 16bit address bus so I think that is workable along with the 64 flags.

Lord Windy fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Jul 31, 2014

• Locked thread