Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TodPunk
Feb 9, 2013

What do you mean, "TRON isn't a documentary?"
I was writing a whack-a-mole. Hit some snags with my logic and it being incredibly slow (load/save are rather slow on chip8 if you rely on them a lot).

After postulating with Internet Janitor about it for a while, basically I'd have to up the cycles to something ridiculous and frame-limit it somehow with the delay timer, or limit it to two moles which I could keep in memory. I started experimenting with a new data structure layout for that and it ended up working out. Maybe 3 would work out, I'm not sure.

Anyway, I've learned a lot but I'm not having fun with this particular project anymore, so I'm going back to other projects. I'm popping the current code out and if someone wants to play with it, I'm not offended (but you might be, looking at the code).

Warning: my draw animation functions don't work right now, but the graphics are top-notch chip8 greatness, if I do say so myself. '1' resets the board/game, and '2' fails to draw a mole.

http://johnearnest.github.io/Octo/index.html?gist=6690bfb2e97fc288fc0f

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread