Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I wish I liked The Witcher 2 a lot more than I do. On one hand the presentation is ace and I love its complexity. On the other hand my eyes completely glaze over when reading about potions and oils and even after reading the manual there's loads of little questions about the interface that keep hanging me up. Nothing I can't figure out, but it's still annoying when even without those problems the game is still demanding a lot of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

scarycave posted:

Because Nintendo likes to recycle - everything.

This is such a goddamn understatement it makes me giggle. I mean I know it was an old joke even in the 90s but Nintendo really is the world's most efficient recycling facility on the planet.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

JebanyPedal posted:

The whole "realistic" open world game in general is huge a hodgepodge of tedium and awful concessions made to immersion while sacrificing approachable gameplay.

Which is exactly why GTA:SA is going to be the high watermark of the series. That game has its faults but it's seldom boring as an open world.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Alteisen posted:

GTA's problem is that it went with a more realistic approach instead of the insanity of the previous ones, free roam games are there best when you can just have fun and tool around, in GTA if you try to fool around it punishes you, will play Rockstar's epic crime drama how they want you to play it and you'll loving like it.

I wonder who up high on the team at Rockstar North just wants to make bad Scorsese knock-offs, because it's really loving obvious that that's all the heads behind the game are really interested in delivering on.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

But but but realism :qq:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

1stGear posted:

The GTA games are bad and people should stop buying them so Rockstar can actually try to remember what makes a good game instead of dumping a billion dollars into marketing and graphics and poo poo.

Here loving here. I don't know what happened to those guys but the words "lost their way" when it comes to GTA doesn't even begin to describe it.

They are slick as hell with their presentation though. Got to give them that. That's why it sells. To paraphrase the Errant Signal video on GTA IV "gamers seem to love content and polish above all else and you can't tell me that this game is not polished or light on content (even if said content isn't that fun)."

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

R-r-r-r-r-realism :qq:

Seriously though this is another thing San Andreas did really well. You were never so broke you couldn't afford to do all the basic poo poo you'd want to do in order to gently caress around, and it wasn't until later in the game that money ceased to be an issue entirely.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Alteisen posted:

Hell not even later in the game, do taxi fares till you get like 12k, should take you like 2 hour or so, buy the 7k house near downtown, save your game, head for the horse races, bet your change on the 20 to 1 horse, keep reloading till he wins, do this twice, you'll have like 8 million dollars before you've done a single mission.

Reloading like that on a console sounds like a hilariously time-consuming process.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

DrNutt posted:

Arguments from popularity are rarely worthwhile but lol at the people in this thread. GTAV and Max Payne 3 were garbage :qq: Dear god. Rockstar doesn't give a poo poo what nerds think about their games that earn them truckloads of cash.

2 cool 4 school.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

RyokoTK posted:

That's fine, Ken Levine is a dumb hacky hack.

Spalec posted:

Bioshock Infinite was a gigantic turd though, I got it for free on PS+ and still felt it was a waste of my bandwidth. I'd have stopped playing 2 hours in if everyone on the internet hadn't said the ending was so game changing and amazing. It wasn't, it was a giant tedious, pretentious overlong snoozefest. I'm genuinely baffled why it got so well rated, beyond it being kinda pretty (and the first 30 minutes built a nice atmosphere) every single thing about the game was bad.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who thought so about Infinite and Levine. Then again they're very very very very very very very very very painfully obviously games for the "smart" yet inexperienced teenage set, and I am neither of those things.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

You mean my opinions aren't edgy anymore? Then clearly they're not worth having. Thanks for clearing that up.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ah. Did not know it was a trend. Sorry for being egocentric and taking it personally.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah but video games are usually very spatial in their mechanics, and designing non-spatial conflicts and resolutions relative to good old fashioned spatial combat is really hard. Factor in how much more marketable, visually engaging, and presentable spatial conflicts are and it's kind-of a no brainer why developers go for combat so often in games.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Febreeze posted:

But hey, if that's fair game, when I finally played Half Life 2 years after it came out I found it to be a tedious slog in several places. gently caress the buggy section, it goes on so long. At least the airboat was fun to control.

I love Half-Life 2 but honestly gently caress the buggy and the airboat. It honestly says something about how they think of vehicle sections when you play Episode 2 with the commentary on and find out the best of the lot--a super barebones muscle car--was originally going to be a loving jalopy.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Max Payne was always a joke but I recall the flashback sequence of finding his infant in the crib made excellent use of the mechanics for a console game in the early 00s, with creepy sound and an ever-expanding hallway.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I started playing Arkham Knight and I am so disappointed. Like, disappointed enough that I feel compelled to write about it instead of go the gently caress to sleep like a healthy person.

It's not a bad game and it's obviously suffering from the weight of two great prior installments-- "third in the trilogy is the weakest" rule is in full effect here--but even giving Arkham Knight all the benefits of the doubt and my own bias I'm amazed at how annoyed I am by this game. If I hadn't gotten it as part of a "free" download bundle alongside Witcher 3 with my new GPU I'd be looking for a refund.

To start, here's the biggest problem-- the writing. It sucks. It sucks on toast. It is absolutely everything you picture when you picture a hack superhero story. There are oodles of dialogue that should have been trimmed and the VAs are clearly trying to work around. Cliche conventions and lines of dialogue abound in the worst ways possible. The pacing is atrocious right out of the gate.

Like, I don't suck Paul Dini's dick. I don't like Harley Quinn; I think he took way more credit than he was ever actually due for Batman: The Animated Series; and a lot of his other projects have left me going "that was adequate," but good god am I about to suck Dini's dick now because apparently that man was essential in keeping these games from being everything I hate about bad Batman writing. Sefton Hill--and whomever the two underlings Martin Lancaster and Paul Crocker are--are clearly inadequate. Then we have that awful cliche line from the trailers "this is about the night the Batman died." That alone should tell you how bad the writing is going to be, but jesus gently caress it's actually worse than that. Seriously who the gently caress let this Sefton Hill rear end in a top hat write the script? It really does smell of a guy who was only given the job because he was a project lead on the last two games and got arrogant about his capabilities. I might be dynamite at managing the kitchen at a restaurant but that doesn't mean when the star chef leaves I go back into the kitchen as though I'll be able to keep those Michellin Stars. Why the gently caress does Sefton Hill think he could take over for Paul Dini? Is there seriously no other DC talent sitting around who would have wanted this project?

And then there's plain old bad game design. Spoilers are going to be tagged out of respect from hereon out. The very opening is actually pretty great, with the player having to ignite the Joker's body with a button press, and then everything goes downhill really quickly. We're treated to a Gotham City where the people in charge of character and interactive models, and environment/landscape designers seem to have been on two completely different wavelengths. The characters and models are still in that "Gothic/Art Deco/Modern mash-up of the first two games while the city itself is almost entirely an attempt to be as real as real can be to show off the new graphics tech, which I wouldn't mind but the contrast is noticeable because the very first thing they have you do is control some doomed NPC in a 50s-style diner in a lovely scripted event straight out of Call of Duty.

After that things pick up a bit because the core gameplay is still solid, but wait-- now instead of a quick-change menu in the lower left-hand corner we have to go to a separate pause menu when we use the D-Pad to change our gear. This is to free up button space for the new Batmobile, Mission Objective, and AR Training buttons. Holy gently caress is that trying to fix what isn't broken. I'm not going to talk about it as much as the other flaws, but it's probably the worst change overall because it actively fucks with your mechanical sense of flow, and it's hard to convey that unless you've played prior Arkham games and Arkham Knight in close proximity.

So yay, what's next? How about forced Batmobile segments. At first I was on-board because hey that's the big new feature of this game, this map of Gotham was clearly designed for driving, and maybe the plot will get rolling once I get it out of the way. No, that doesn't happen. Of course that doesn't happen.

Instead we immediately launch into boring scripted chase sequences, rescuing Poison Ivy to kick-start the detective part of the story, and then we're forced into a horrible and unskippable tutorial level to learn to use a function you need for the next car sequence that exists for no practical reason other than to force you to try an AR Mission. Everything the tutorial teaches you would have been better implemented right into the next car sequence in the Metroidvania/Zelda way that every other Arkham game has done such things. Holy poo poo are these really the same guys making this? Not only that, but The Batmobile basically handles like a cross between a GTA Car, and a vehicle from Halo. It's perfectly functional but I ditched that thing the absolute first second I could. Aside from bullet-trails coming off of your "unmanned" tank opponents nothing about the Batmobile segments were anything new to me. I'm sure if you're in that 8-18 demo this game is very clearly aiming for--to a much higher degree than the previous two--then it's the bee's loving knees but I was very underwhelmed.

Now ok, we're finally back, where do we go from here? To the GCPD of course where we're forced to parade through more awful dialogue that I began to straight-up skip at this point, something I never did in any prior Arkham game, and deal with the laziest loving trophy room I have ever seen. I wouldn't even care, but this series has already proven it can do so much better than this Remember how creative and interesting The Penguin's Trophy Room in the Natural History Museum was in Arkham City? Get ready to look at plain-rear end glass cases filled with iconography from each villain who has previously appeared in any of the other three Arkham games with the same dull voice over when you click on them for more info. What an absolute loving waste.

Ok ok ok. So if I hate this so much why am I still playing? Because I'm hoping that if I listen to a little more of this preamble bullshit I can start expediting cutscenes, get all the major tutorial and introductory bullshit out of the way, and enjoy what is still a fun exploration/combat system in absolutely breathtaking environments. So I put up with it, and now I learn that instead of being physically confined in some way to listen to the bullshit in-engine cutscenes now there are literal invisible walls. That's plain lazy And instead of having a long and winding semi-linear story where the objective meanders from Rogue to Rogue with optional side missions and mostly free exploration, now I have some bullshit Mission Objective System where I can advance the main plot with big glaring "FIGHT THIS ROGUE HERE" side missions bolted on, even though literally everything about the A-plot up to this point has an apocalyptic sense of urgency. Holy loving balls that undercuts the tension of this story. Like yeah Arkham Asylum and City had high stakes from the get-go, but in Asylum you were on a fairly linear path and in City there wasn't a sense of urgency as much as "Arkham City needs to be ended, let's deal with what's in front of us and go from there." Arkham Knight has a plot of "SCARECROW GONNA gently caress US ALL UP IN A HOT MINUTE" yet we immediately take a break so Batman can investigate a few bodies and play grab-rear end with the Riddler.

And that's all there is to loving do once you start. You start on one island with literally 4 or so objectives, one of which is to lurch the main plot forward and the others which are all opening act bullshit with no payoff. Like seriously how the gently caress did this get past the first drafts if they've been planning this game since Arkham City's development 5 goddamn years ago?

I'm not expecting people to agree, but I had to get that out. I haven't been this disappointed with a time-killer theme park of a game in a good long while. Is this what all the major game releases are now? I'm going to grind through this game for a little while longer, at least until Robin/Nightwing/Catwoman show up and I get to see how the team combat works, but considering how little I actively looked for this release I'm pretty drat let down.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Alouicious posted:

jesus christ we've hit peak mind the walrus

You know I only remember you even exist when I see you making a smarmy comment about me or some other poster. Do you just haunt my post history waiting for opportunities to be a dingleberry, or are you naturally that much of a bottom-feeder?

Ryoshi posted:

Lol about complaining about the writing in a Batman simulator

I didn't play as long as you but I definitely was able to swoop down from a rooftop and beat the poo poo out of some poorly dressed gangsters, so it delivers on the fronts I find important. Shame you had such a poor first impression but maybe try to lighten up a bit?

There's a difference between pulp that goes down smooth and pulp that doesn't. Pacing and dialogue does matter when the game stops you frequently to chit-chat with the villain-of-the-moment in semi-locked cutscenes. Sorry I made good points about that.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

swamp waste posted:

You're constantly in video game threads saying really obvious poo poo in a long-winded, spazzy yet condescending way. I think more than one person has noticed this.

For whatever it's worth I'm grateful you're able to articulate this. Most people are condescending prats in their own right like Aloucious.

"gently caress you for sharing your opinion"
"What was wrong with the way I shared it?"
"gently caress you."
"Oh ok then, I'm sure my future posts will be better for you now."

Even now he's only posted anything constructive because you did the mental lifting for him.

Alouicious posted:

the fact you kept this post under 5 paragraphs is admirable, but basically

If you don't feel like reading a wall of text then skip the gently caress over it. It ain't a sophisticated skill.

Oxxidation posted:

The time has come, the walrus said, to get real fukken mad about some video games.

Yeah that nerd. He had feelings. He cared about something he experienced. Why not grow a goatee, start dating Winona Ryder, and form a terrible coffee shop band while you're at it? Not caring is the only real sincerity anyway.

Ryoshi posted:

"This game where a man dressed as a bat punches a lady who is telepathically linked to trees lacks proper gravitas" is not a good point you fuckin' nerd, get lost before I give you a swirly

I doubt anyone gives a gently caress if the game wins a BAFTA for writing, but having solid structure and pacing in a pulp story aren't snobby pretensions to expect from a game series that up to this point had above-average structure and pacing. Even then I wouldn't care if the game let me skip straight through every bit of terrible dialogue and story to get to the gameplay, but it doesn't so I'm forced to sit through it if I want to play.

And even then my entire point was that the game design decisions are what finally got me frustrated enough to post about it, not the writing. If the game just let me into entertaining missions right off I wouldn't have posted word goddamn one, but instead I was suffering through horribly designed Batmobile tutorials and forced mission chunks in a boring and frustrating way. That's the real thing dragging the game down.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Tiggum posted:

Wardens are a major problem with SR4, and a lot of the enemies are pretty poo poo, but I'll never understand the complaint about not getting to drive. You can drive any time you want, it's fun, I did tons of driving in that game.

A lot of people won't do something if there's a faster and cheaper option literally a button press away.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That complaint would hold more weight if every MGS game didn't have boss fights designed around comic book villains.

MGS1 and MGS3 are by far the best. The characters are memorable and the mechanics around their fights are varied, although some can be cheesed a lot.

MGS4's was ok, but suffers a bit too much from Kojima's pervert tendencies "oh I'm going to make you fight really cheesecake-y pinup girls in fetish outfits but then I'll give you a really tragic backstory to them via codec LOL I HAD MY CAKE AND ATE IT" seriously gently caress that noise dude just admit you're jerking off it's ok. The fights themselves were fun though.

MGS2's kind-of sucked. Vamp and Fatman had some interesting mechanics at play, but ultimately they were all weak and kind-of sucked.

Sorry to hear that the ones in MGS5 suck though. Not cool.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

This is from a series where you can end a man by throwing a frog at him. They should know better.

Being fair this is a series in which shooting does solve most problems fast enough for most players to never feel the need to vary up their strategy, plus you have essentially an entirely new generation getting their feet wet with MGSV and aren't aware of how insanely diverse the problem-solving in MGS boss fights can be.

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah the WYSIWYG editor is great, everything "just works".

But all the things that we can't do just bother the poo poo out of me. Can't have warp pipes that go to the same level. Can only have one sub-level. Backgrounds are locked and tied to theme. Lots of backgrounds just don't exist.

Like, it would take all of one button and a single texture to add the forest background as an option for SMW.

Not to mention things like the mystery shroom only working in Mario 1. I don't care if things don't look 100% right, they already don't! That's how the mystery shroom works. Its not like you'd have to create Mario 3 and SMW graphics for each of the mystery shroom characters!

Take sonic, the sonic sprite they use in the mystery shroom would be impossible to render on an NES. They use the Genesis sprite, which would make more sense in SMW on the SNES (talking about palette and resolution) and yet you have to use him only in Mario 1. Can't use sonic in Mario 3 or SMW levels. Why? It makes no drat sense.

Sounds pretty standard for modern Nintendo to me. The stuff that does work is polished to a mirror shine but all that does after a while is cast a spotlight on the depth they either sacrificed or ignored to get said polish.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Sleeveless posted:

Please stop getting really mad at people posting things they don't like about a game in the thread for posting things you don't like about games.

It's all fun and games until it's something they personally love.

RareAcumen posted:

It's amazing how people can be here, in the place specifically devoted to complaining about things you don't like in video games, and still be on a high horse about people pointing out some things they don't like in games.

It's because of the dreaded "sexism" getting involved. You don't need to be Malcolm X to have a problem with blackface performers, you don't need to be an SJW boogeyman to say "hey the way they're objectifying that lady character is excessive and kind-of gross."

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Somfin posted:

I loving hate this dodge.

"No she's totally 25 despite her character design clearly placing her at about 14, she even says so herself, why does everyone think I'm a weirdo?"

"She's totally 300 years old, she was just turned into a vampire at age ten, that makes it legal- she's older than the guy, even!"

"She's a god, dude, she pre-existed the universe, she just chooses to look about six years old, that's her choice and not mine!"

"She's been cursed into the body of a child, she's still got the mind of a 25-year old, so it's fine!"

"Of course all the succubi in my world look about 12, that's because they're trying to tempt men into sin, where are you going?"

You wrote her, rear end in a top hat. Everything that happens to her, every trait she has, every piece of appearance that you choose to point out, is your loving fault.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

They seriously needed to push all of the subplots way further, especially the Father's. Dude was going loving mental and the game starts with them being off camping when the wife is having an affair with Ranger Rick. With how easy you find all the clues to your mom's infidelity you'd assume he would have found them too when he's that paranoid. He writes conspiracy theory articles for fucks sake.

"Yeah but conspiracy theorists are crazy and therefore sloppy QED" :smug:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

GW2 is an MMO, and a "casual" MMO at that, so it attracts ire from both the poopsockers and the anti-poopsockers alike but gently caress you I like it anyway.

That said there is one impressively dumb design decision still hanging around the game's neck:

* No "build locker" so you can swap your character between different stats that emphasize things like power, defense, critical chance, and condition damage. With raids becoming a "thing" in the expansion and the beta indicating that build-swapping is going to be more or less mandatory, not having what should have been a day one feature is looking more and more egregious. Fixing this would improve all high level content immensely.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

My rule of sexiness is that if I have to stop thinking about the video game and instead find myself wondering what weird fetish the developer must be into, then it's too much.
:hmmyes:

That's a good rule of thumb for any media. See-- Tarantino's feet, or the fact that after watching American Hustle or Mel Brooks movies I can tell they're both tit men through and through.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath is a 2005 game that makes good use of brown

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

When I last played-- 3.08.2015.

First thought: "YES I'm only a few months away."

Second thought: "gently caress I actually want to play now and can't I'm way too close to throw that away."

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Taeke posted:

Look at it this way: everybody gets that achievement eventually.

Master Twig posted:

I just changed my PCs clock to be 5 years in the future and booted the game up. Achievement unlocked.
gently caress you both I'm doing it legit.

Der Kyhe posted:

So after everything they had by then learned from seeing how the 2-D Fallout franchise worked, they decided to go ahead and copy the worst part of the Fallout Tactics, the game where you first played the campaign to just near the last act to find out that your combat sniper / sneaky shotgunner main was next to useless against the new major enemy type which rolls out and is your main threat for the rest of the game.
Honestly it sounds like a miscommunication thing between teams, where they let different people design different stages of the game but they didn't talk enough about build viability, or if they did they were told "it's ok metrics say 85% of players won't even get that far in, so just polish up what we have so we can make deadline."

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah it's the same category as Undertale where I totally believe it's a solid game but the fanbase is actively encouraging me to stay away whether they realize it or not

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Leal posted:

Its fair if you can't play specifically a role playing game as yourself, but often when a role playing game is brought up in a positive light there is always someone who comes in and says actually its bad because you play a man and its tedious and pointless. No talk about the gameplay or the story, and whenever its brought up as a weak reason to not only refuse to play but to then call the game bad the person reacts like its some big patriarchal conspiracy to keep women out of video games. Its as if the strawwoman that reddit and 4chan loves bringing up in any kind of video game discourse was made real.

Your gimmick sucks.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Cleretic posted:

If I posted that the reason I cannot play Control is because it's a shooter and I don't play shooters, the correct response is not 'okay but it's really important that it's a shooter, so you're wrong and should play it anyway'.

"I really don't like eating steak."

"No you don't understand, the point of eating this steak is that it's not only a steak, it's such a well-done and broiled steak that it's deliberately difficult to eat and a commentary on problems with steak preparation. Therefore you should really force yourself to eat this steak or else you aren't well-informed enough to have an opinion on steaks at all."

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah it had the usual bucket o' bugs on release and lots of teenagers hated it, but it was beloved on SA immediately, for the devs posting in Games and the Johnny FiveAces easter egg if nothing else.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

RagnarokAngel posted:

It really is a setting with limited possibilities.
Ain't that the truth.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I don’t think NV looking completely bombed out was a deliberate choice as much as a side effect of the insanely short dev time. They made that game in 18 months so anywhere they could recycle assets, they had to.
This is naive. I guarantee any concept art that gets passed around Bethesda for approval that doesn't look bombed out gets rejected for "not having that Fallout look."

orcane posted:

It's not the setting that has limited possibilities, it's Bethesda not doing anything with it but rehash the same premise. It's not going to get more interesting by using the same enemies and factions with a "it's x years later but still always looks and plays and feels the exact same" plot, that's not the setting's fault.
Well, you're not wrong, but it does raise interesting questions of how marketable and interesting the Fallout systems would be once you mutate from "wasteland survival" to essentially a political simulator where you're playing a diplomat who is also a sociopath because "video game."

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

ADGQ is definitely being dragged down by the sense of having plateaued a few years ago, and it's a shame because it is for a decent cause

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Overwatch Porn posted:

??? they keep making more money every time and tbh it's a better experience every time. not sure what you're talking about
A very strong portion of their donations come from their sponsorship partners and after seven years I wouldn't be shocked at all if there was a massaging of final numbers to ensure it's higher every time. I'm not saying it's shady, I'm just saying showmanship is showmanship.

And it's plateaued in the sense that there's only so many times you can expect randos to tune in to watch someone speedrun Actraiser or DKC2 for the 20th time, especially younger people.

Yeah they're more professional though, which is good though.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Captain Hygiene posted:

Zero excuse for a game where you're not actively online to not implement that option, it's laziness that bugs me to no end.
It's been like that since Demon's Souls, back when the whole hook was a game that refused to hold your hand and would actively punish you for not giving it 100% of your attention. It's been a deliberate choice to keep it in every time, not laziness.

That said, I agree they should have implemented it by now. No excuse not to, especially with its more "mainstream success."

But if they did, you should have to spend at least 6 hours dealing with reddit threads whining about "how the series is betraying its roots to appeal to casuals."

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

BioEnchanted posted:

Exactly. They could have had a lot of fun with the irony that a mass of sapient toxic cells was a better brother than the real Alex Mercer.

Oh I love that plot and haven't seen it through the lens of a video game. There's a lot of potential there. Yeah totally squandered stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Every time Apollo Justice appears he seem to have an entirely new backstory. First he's connected to a troupe of magicians, then he's old friends with an astronaut, then it turns out he was adopted by a foreign revolutionary. In Ace Attorney 9 it'll turn out he's from a clan of vampire prosecutors.

This sounds like the opposite of something that would drag a game down