Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Hunky Joe posted:

What the Christ? Seriously?

It's so stupid that I believe it...

Yahtzee (of Zero Punctuation) almost had a meltdown about it in his secondary column, Extra Punctuation. I'm a sucker for reading breakdowns of why games/movies fail so it was a cool read to me but probably :goonsay: to sane people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

FactsAreUseless posted:

So there originally weren't cops in GTA but they generated spontaneously like Tron 2?

They were supposed to follow you, stop you, and arrest you. Except rather than, say, get behind you then slow down and follow you, they charged as fast as they could go directly into the player vehicle, making it something of a demolition derby. Since you couldn't stop for them (they kept pushing you) more cops would show up and make a huge mess and it was fun enough to spawn a slew of sequels.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

FactsAreUseless posted:

Oh, so "emergent gameplay" is gameplay that causes sequels to emerge?

More like they just eventually build emergent features into games. Skiing in Tribes 1 (sliding down hills to go at insane speeds) was a bug/exploit that was enough fun to be made into a core gameplay feature of Tribes 2 and beyond.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Slime posted:

Literally everything is emergent gameplay. Space Invaders was meant to be accounting software but a bug made it so you could shoot aliens.

You joke, but Space Invaders wasn't supposed to get harder as you cleared the field, the processor just wasn't fast enough to handle lots of sprites so the framerate went up and the game ended up getting harder as it went-- the first example of progressive difficulty. :eng101:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I miss games that let you creatively become overpowered. Now everything is anticipated and capped.

The obvious one being Morrowind's alchemy allowing you to self-heal 1M HP/sec for a billion years and jump clear into orbit among other things. Also included is FF6's MBlock bug.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Mildly Amusing posted:

I remember playing Witcher 2 and some lady character tried to seduce me. Ruined my immersion for the rest of the game.

You're missing the point, games should be different from real life for you, the player

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Esroc posted:

I just beat Dragon Age: Inquisition and in true modern Bioware fashion the ending was anti-climactic and unsatisfying.

Also, they must think they're so clever with the Solas reveal, and it would have been had they not telegraphed it so loudly since the first couple hours of the game that you'd have to be dense not to know at least something was up with him.

I think there's a good chance this may be the last Bioware game I buy.

Reminds me of Starcraft 2's story, wherein Tychus betrays you in the closing cinematic.

It would be a spoiler if the following didn't happen:
  • Tychus: "I've been broken out of jail and built into a suit by a shady corporation who now basically owns me, but don't worry I'm best buds with you now" (15 minutes into the game)
  • Literally every character on board at the start: Tychus can't be trusted, he's gonna betray you
  • Zeratul: I've seen the future, someone mysteriously is going to betray you
  • Tychus: I'M DRUNK AND CURRENTLY BETRAYING YOU

And Raynor is all surprised at the end, likely because he's the kind of gamer who skips all the cutscenes and dialog.
It was so blatant I was sure he wasn't the traitor because how could anyone write that ham-handedly?

E: Got the name wrong :doh:

Evilreaver has a new favorite as of 05:02 on Jun 1, 2015

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

WaltherFeng posted:

This sounds like something only a true pale skinned nerd would come up with.

It's more along the line of "House fires make people die of smoke inhalation" --> "Fires produce Smoke" --> "Campfire = Fire"

It's pretty sweet burning poo poo down in Cataclysm.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

im pooping! posted:

What it REALLY needs is more god drat flares or a way to take down wolves reliably with melee attacks and not just make them run off and come back to murder you.

If you have a knife/hatchet you'll start them bleeding, and you can follow the blood trail for where they eventually die and you can feast on their delicious flesh.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
pizza pizza

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

The Moon Monster posted:

The balance in Terraria is bizarre. Pretty much anything that isn't a hard mode boss fight is a complete cakewalk that you can just sort of muddle through. On the other hand, hard mode boss fights practically demand perfection if you're trying to solo them.

(For people who aren't familiar with Terraria, "hard mode" is stuff that was added after launch and makes up the vast majority of the game's content, not a difficulty setting)

The new patch (:woop:) also added Expert Worlds, which appears to make all the bosses nearly impossible. They do more damage and move faster as well as having extra stages and moves. I used to be able to take on the Eye of Cthulu with garbage and spare parts, in Expert I had to get a full gold suit, buff potions and a shotgun. The Brain and Skeletron nearly instagib me. I don't know if I can handle it solo at all, let alone hardmode content.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Terraria

Not only is there no reward for #200, but the usually-escalating turn-in rewards are bugged to drop to the beginning after #100. drat my cheevo hunting :suicide:

But now I've 100%'d it on Expert without worldhopping* so I'm happy... till 1.4

E: Nobody told me how powerful Banners were. Even on Expert, they halve enemy damage and double the damage you do, neutering them completely. I found this out only after 100 hours.

Evilreaver has a new favorite as of 05:19 on Aug 1, 2015

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
First time I played Fallout NV, I walk outside Doc's and am armed with pocket lint and a few caps. That's what I like, starting from nothing and working my way up. I played on PS3, eventually the save file corrupted. poo poo happens

A few years later Steam has a "Fallout NV and all DLC for :10bux:" sale. Sure, why not. Start it up, walk outside Doc's, and I'm armed with a whole arsenal of weapons, tools, and kit from all the DLCs. Grr.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Arrath posted:

...so drop them on the ground?

I might want to do that DLC in the future. Is any of that plot-important to a DLC or mission-critical or background fluff? I don't know, all I know is I got a ton of stuff that obviates the 'caveman mode' part of the game plus five different mission start popups in a row. Completely turned off my enthusiasm for a run. Just dropping it means (a) coming back for it if it's handy, important or very powerful and (b) I'm intentionally passing up gear on a non-challenge run, which is always a no-no in a game where one of the core ideas is 'vacuum up everything in the wasteland for your collection'.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Jastiger posted:

Gestalt has a good breakdown of why it was bad though. It changed the way the classes played in favor of making it more ZANY!!!!1 Which I think contributed to killing the game faster than it otherwise would have died.

If you have a link, I love reading essays/point-by-point breakdowns of why things failed/went wrong :)

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Fried Watermelon posted:

Buying decals and vehicle paint with real money should've unlocked it for all vehicles or at least account wide for that specific vehicle

It does now, at least. And before, they had three camos (gun, player, vehicle) and now you only need to buy it once per faction.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Alteisen posted:

You're free to not use them, but Quiet and D-dog in MGSV is are REALLY loving powerful, they absolutely trivialize the game, D-dog basically grants you wallhacks and distract everyone letting you stun or murder them at your leisure, and quiet just annihilates bases like it was nothing, even if you get spotted she can pop the person that spotted you before anything happens.

Poor D-horse just can't compare. :smith:

In Mad Max, the harpoon is a great weapon, you can fire it from your car to take out many things... or rather, nearly anything. It's a god-weapon that insta-kills any person you can see, even through windshields (sometimes you have to fire it twice, to rip their car door off). It's great Just Cause 2-ish fun to slingmurder thugs all day, but it has the annoying tendency to end car chases abruptly.

I wanted to tear a wheel off so that the enemy goes flying over a cliff and explodes in a fireball... nah, hit the driver, enemy car putters to a stop. :mad:

It would be like if they gave you the Gravity Gun five minutes in to HL2, or Brand five minutes into Shadow of Mordor. No ammo or requirements, fast reload, always hits if you point vaguely at a thing, insta-kill most targets.

Evilreaver has a new favorite as of 09:43 on Sep 6, 2015

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
The more I play Mad Max, the saltier I get. It started as a 10/10 and has ground its way down to, like, a 8 or something (it's still a really good game but :argh: incoming anyway)

I complained earlier that the Harpoon was overpowered, since it can oneshot most enemies when you get it. Soon, enemy vehicles get armored... which is when you get the Thunderpoon, a lock-on rocket launcher that can two-shot armored vehicles, and when fully upgraded one-shots everything except one boss (so far). Vehicle combat is completely trivial now, which saddens me because it was pretty great until I unlocked the TP. Non-TP weapons are too weak (ram/grind/burners) to just ignore the TP completely, especially since it's point-click-dead enemy.

Ground combat is fantastic, though, even though I can open each brawl with 4-6 instantly dead enemies for cheap, at least it feels like I earned the ability to do that by virtue of punching the hell out of several hundred nerds to get there. Plus it's still ammo-limited, unlike the TP which can clear 14 vehicles off the road before you head to base and refill for free (3-5 consecutive battles).

There are a few things that feel like they're there to just waste time. Anything jimmy-bar related, or when balloons need fuel/winch shenanigans in particular. Minesweeping with the dog. Loot locations give 5-10 scrap per node, dead vehicles give 10-16, late-game upgrades cost 1800+. Cleared camps, however, give 740/time (hour?) without need for upkeep, completely paying for everything and making meticulous 100%ing feel unrewarding.

Now I'm close to 100%ing this game and I'm sure I'm gonna hate it at the end. Like, 7.5/10 bad :mad:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Evilreaver posted:

The more I play Mad Max, the saltier I get. [...]

Now that I've finished the game, a final assessment:

Don't 100% the game for fucks sake.
Bumrush the Scrotus camps, clear them all, that's the real moneymaker. (Again, don't 100% them)
Go into the final fight (there's a "warning: final fight" popup) with 3 Thunderpoons or fewer

:perfect:

Holy poo poo the ending chase battle is fantastic. If you've played MM and gave up because it's boring (??), do the core story missions. Don't worry about car upgrades, you probably have enough.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

RareAcumen posted:

What games would anyone even suggest you should 100% anyway?

Those of us with the 'tism love 100%ing games and strive for it where possible. I did it with Just Cause 2, I'm within 5% of Mad Max... Though now that you mention it nobody should do either.

Nier is probably the Best game to 100%, though on the other hand that game really hates the player on a deep personal level if they try, so

VVV
The mouse has an order of magnitude more control and precision than controllers do. Third-person or driving games that don't rely on precise aim (or have REALLY GENEROUS autoaim) work best with a controller, FPS and RTS mouse is a must.

TF2 had cross-platform play in development, but Valve ran some test games and even with huge skill disparity the KB+M destroyed controller users.

On the other hand, every time I have to drive in a game, I wish my WASD keys were analog. Digital makes cars swervy and overcorrecting.

Evilreaver has a new favorite as of 09:47 on Sep 16, 2015

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Convex posted:

Isn't that literally impossible due to a bug though?

I counted the 99.5% as a win when I couldn't get that last bit. Finance district :arghfist:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Sleeveless posted:

A general rule of thumb for any turn-based strategy game is that you need to have an option to speed up animations if not skip them entirely, because I guarantee you that when a game takes like a dozen hours to play to completion and it's going to take a few aborted attempts to beat it nobody wants to watch the animation of their soldiers scurrying around the map after a thousand times and its going to make your interest die that much quicker.

This is my big complaint with Darkest Dungeon. Everything takes too long, especially if you're trying to make a lot of progress and you have limited real-life time. There can be four or more 1.5 sec popups per attack, plus stress popup, flavor chatter, and hit effects ("bleed! immune! blight!") and more sometimes. I've got places to be just die already ugh. Oh great, I missed, now I gotta wait for the whole enemy line to attack :arghfist:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Nuebot posted:

So here's something I think I might have mentioned before actually, but it's annoying me again, Random Crits. I'm playing Dragon Quest here and I'm fighting an enemy I can kill in one hit, it's nothing. It's attack does one damage. I clear out all the other guys and it gets to go and DESPERATE ATTACK! which is basically a super critical and it kills one of my guys in one shot, doing over 200 damage. Nothing on my team even has that much HP yet. What the gently caress is this bullshit.

Random Crits are fine in general imo, but some games have lovely crit policy/effects. Like your example, or in Fallout 1 when you have Power Armor and weapons like the minigun can mathematically not do damage to you-- oh wait, Critical Effect, attack ignores armor! Instakill! :argh:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Starcraft 2 just released the new Part 3: Star Harder pre-expansion patch which now includes the new cinematic. I figure this is as good a place as any to whine that every freaking video/cutscene Blizzard does features Hydralisks as melee combatants. They've done this since early cutscenes in SC1 and it really toasts my pumpkins :argh:

This is amplified slightly as Blizzard went to some lengths to say ":smug: Yea we spent two years on this one-minute scene, making sure we got every detail right :smug:"

I know of exactly one scene where Hydras actually shoot spines, and they end up rushing and clawing at the guy anyway

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Being the shut-in loser I am, I've picked up Starcraft 2'ing pretty hard because I love the game on the whole- the story is pretty stupid and cartoony but who cares, there's a mission where you have to outrun a supernova and one where you swing a :krad: laser around to liquefy Protoss. It's great and I love it... for the most part. (Not featured in this post: Multiplayer; I stink)

At the risk of repeating myself re: loser, I've been hunting down the achievements in anticipation of the new expansion coming out, and here's a fresh new whinepost about my experiences:

SC2 was broken into three parts due to Blizzard's 'grand vision'. Cool so far: the first installment was Wings of Liberty (Terran campaign) which had a huge ton of really fun and varied missions [that is, very few "build an army big enough to just steamroll an enemy"], and the Brutal difficulty was exceptionally difficult and unrelenting, but beatable with practice and know-how. Great!

Heart of the Swarm comes out and 90% of the missions are 'Use Kerrigan like a DOTA hero to steamroll the enemy base (there are some zerg too if you need them)', and for nearly all the missions Brutal is a joke, weak poo poo. Walk a god around and nuke poo poo. Boring and lazy :argh: It seemed like they were intentionally courting the DOTA crowd, as heroes with lifebars and leveling up became a thing, along with out-of-place boss fights (one level was JUST boss fights), and several missions featuring creep waves of one sort (plus an ability that effectively gives you a creep wave).

I feel like Blizzard listened to me yelling at my computer screen and thusly swung the difficulty the other way: Part 3: Star Harder's difficulty is a HUGE JUMP from WoL, not to mention HotS. I marathoned all of SC2 in the last week to get ready, and I can barely get 60% of the way through mission 1 of the sneak peek prologue on Brutal. At least there's not a hero running everything this time.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

SpookyLizard posted:

Hell, instead of making her an all encompassing death machine, make her useful killing a specific type of unit (through upgrades/levels, if that's your thing) and the most of her powers focus on buffing the various zerg units in different ways. Then you have your badass zerg queen who can rip a hole in a tank, but the zerg are still oriented around an unending torrent of sharp toothed murder, drowning it's enemies in acid spit and it's own blood.

This is what they were kinda going for, but Kerrigan herself is so powerful that the Zerg around her are tissue paper, even buffed. She can walk into the fire of 3 siege tanks, and hydralisk/roach will melt off the splash damage before she gets particularly hurt, on Brutal.

On the other hand, it does kinda encourage "Have all your hatcheries rally at Kerrigan, slam on 'spawn whatever' every few seconds"

Away all Goats posted:

Which is still dumb since the Zerg should be about an endless tidal wave of teeth and acid and biomatter consuming everything in it's path. Not an uber hero who ends up being saved from her zergness in the end

Also for the record, she pretty much re-zergs herself immediately when she hears Raynor died (mission 2 HotS), so all the effort of WoL was ffpt

Evilreaver has a new favorite as of 08:55 on Oct 7, 2015

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Anatharon posted:

StarCraft 2's final expansion had a prologue come out.

It completely killed the last sliver of hope I had of the writing getting up to the, while hardly great, enjoyable level of writing that Brood Wars had.

Every character basically got swapped for awful WoW characters, half the backstory has been changed, they added like 10 characters with 0 explanation that everyone acts like they already know, and the voice acting isn't half as good. This isn't always Blizzard's fault, Zeratul's voice actor died, for example. But for some of the others, they just dropped the ball.

That's without going into the lackluster multiplayer and completely laughable custom game UI even five years later.

They definitely blew their wad with Wings, with a good number of characters, plotlines, and missions. HotS was linear and uninspired (and re-used a lot of the creative missions even), and the first two missions of the prologue are "build a giant army to steamroll the enemy", which is the least creative mission archetype possible, followed by "guide a hero around a dungeon", which is mission 3 :smith:

E: I got off track; Wings had 4 storylines and while not high art, they served the gameplay well enough. HotS had one story, 'Kerrigan gets the zerg back together' with zero nuance or story progression, and things aren't looking great for Protoss fighting Dark Spooky Voice Who Says He'll End The Universe [E2: Which of course was one of the Wings storylines already]

Evilreaver has a new favorite as of 06:12 on Oct 8, 2015

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Ys would sell more if it wasn't called Ys. What popular game is there whose name most people can't pronounce?

VVVVVV

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Why not try to Google information about the puzzle/reaction platformer N+?

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

Female character designs in Mobas.

Kayle from LoL is in full plate without a boobplate. So thats... one, I guess

E: Some of her alt skins have boobplate

E2: On the other hand, Lux's original design was so hilariously 'painted whore' that the MOBA community(!!) made a stink about it and they got her some armor.

Evilreaver has a new favorite as of 07:32 on Oct 20, 2015

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Somfin posted:

I like playing as female characters in games. I like playing as attractive female characters in games.

I don't like playing as a female heavy weapons specialist who for no fuckin' reason is wearing full eyeshadow, dark red lipstick, impeccably styled hair, and spends the entire game making do-me eyes as a default expression and running like a model. I especially hate it when all of the female shoes are fuckin' pointless high heels. It always comes off as super fake and really indefensibly sexist. "This is what women look like," says the art department.

Like, I'm okay with a lot of revealing armour styles, as long as it looks functional and not deliberately sexy. Boob plate no, but I can accept midriff-revealing armours, steel armour for the arms and shoulders with the torso in leather, that sort of thing. I kinda like asymmetric, 'mobility' armour styles that leave a lot of stuff in cloth or leather rather than going for the 'everything is now steel' look. But I cannot understand why my athletic, mobility-driven close-combat heavy-weapons heroine is wearing loving three-inch heels. That poo poo hurts when you're just walking in it. Running in it? Jumping? Fighting a monster the size of a house by bashing its eyes in one by one? gently caress off.

I really liked the female barbarian design in Diablo 3, is what I'm saying.

Diablo, Lord of Hell, possessed a female host in Diablo 3, and can be seen wearing demonic high heels.
Kerrigan, Queen of Blades, has Zerg high heels (and always has Samus-Zero-Suit boob "armor")

Damnit Blizzard :argh:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

malal posted:

I had to look up how to get out of the loving power armor. The game even lets you un-equip every piece, but you are still in the frame with all the negatives and no positives.

How the gently caress do you recharge the power armor? How do you repair it? I'm in front of the power armor craft table. Nothing. I go to the armor bench, nothing. (You have to exit the power armor to even get to the workbenches, still nothing. I'll need to look up how to power and repair the drat thing.)

Get out: Hold Action (My dragging-things-down: this is also 'grab and hold thing to manually reposition it like on a shelf or something')

Recharge: Get in while you have a Fusion Core in your inventory, just like the guy told you how to power it (They become more common as time goes on)
Repair: Get to a Power Armor Repair station and get out while you're somewhat close to it (pyf good thing: large catchment area), then use the Power Armor Repair station. It's a yellow forklifty thing, you can see a suit hanging from one on the main menu animation, there's one in Sanctuary and another in Red Rocket

PYF Dragging FO4 down: Power Armor's HUD doesn't do a good job of alerting you to radiation. The default HUD says "RADS: +40" in a popup so you can say 'oh poo poo', the power armor has no popup and the rads dial only goes to +10. The Geiger Counter clicks a bit, sure, but I can laugh off +5ish (most common) but really need to worry about +40s.

E: Charisma is more important in FO4 than other fallout games (!!) so if you didn't start close to a 6, boy you've got some levels to burn to get inter-settlement trade routes :mad:

Also Luck is goddamn fantastic, geez those perks are off the wall, and I had that low too :byodood:

Evilreaver has a new favorite as of 10:06 on Nov 13, 2015

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Eventually you learn what's good and what's garbage, so that kinda turns it into a plus for me. You get better at looting, as a player!

Also learning you can cook your own Adhesive ended up saving me a lot of headache.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
On the plus side, you can order people into power armor (like to man guard towers or follow you around), on the negative side I don't think there's dog power armor, and it doesn't improve follower carry weight maximum :(

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Glokta posted:

What's dragging Fallout 4 down for me is that it's only easy to build on flat ground which there's gently caress all of. No wonder people are looking to me for help if i'm building them hovering houses to live in.

In Structures->Wood->Floors there are Foundations that sink into the ground- they come in two flavors, concrete and wood. Makes a world of difference!

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I find I can do even better in combat with conventional armor, because it all has legendary modifiers on it and power armor has none (Survival drowns you in legendaries, I love it)

I can fire twice as fast, move more, tweak stats on a whim, and get neato perks that (afaict) power armor only gets through quests extremely rarely. Armor does let me carry a lot more and the jetpack is :krad: so it's a balancing act

I just wish you could hunt/craft legendary modifiers, even if doing so was inordinately expensive. Especially if you could stack a few. Instigator minigun is garbage, but instigator sniper rifles/fats man? :getin:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

ro5s posted:

Doesn't it stack? You're still wearing the legendary stuff under the power armour, I'm pretty sure I've had time slow down when I was at low health from my conventional armour under my power armour.

Minor thing dragging down FO4 for me is that even on survival, I'm finding stacks of pretty lovely legendaries. A rolling pin that does 10 poison damage? A leather right arm with +1 PER? Woo-hoo.

I'm getting decent stuff occasionally, but I'd really like to stop getting complete crap all the time.

Some stack. Time Slow does. -10% AP costs does not, +Charisma does not (probably no +stat does), and those are really the only ones I've tested for sure.

I imagine you get poo poo legendaries no matter what, survival just gives you a shitload of lottery tickets so you eventually win by weight of probability. Instigating Gauss on my rifleman? Yesssssss

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
In Fallout 4, I like to keep a suit of charisma gear on underneath my power armor since most mods don't stack; whenever I get into a town/talk I pop out of the suit with max CHR ready to go.

The annoying thing is it takes 5 full seconds to get into, and out of, a power armor suit, and this can add up to nuisance levels pretty quick. Especially (and this is the core of my whine) since if you're in combat, you can pop into and out of your suit much, much faster- nearly instantly out, maybe two seconds in. If there's a way to force the quick animations I'd love to hear about it (even if I have to get a mod or something). Grr.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Judge Tesla posted:

Solar Eclipse events are starting to annoy me in Terraria, because my house isn't floating 50 meters in the sky, it's under constant attack by Reapers who fly through the walls during the event, the rest of the monsters just leap around outside, since they can't get in, but the Reapers can, and they will quickly kill any NPC's they come near.

The gunsmith, cyborg and a few others are pretty good at juggling Reapers. Even if they take 10 minutes to kill them, they'll at least survive the attack. I usually have three good shooters at ground level with the large gate doors between their 'rooms' so they all can fire on anything that comes through the walls.

E: Dye Trader can juggle almost any amount of reapers by himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

you ate my cat posted:

Every resident of Sanctuary Hills has decided to stand behind the house that has the workshop in it, which I guess is close enough to trigger the random conversation. Every time I fast travel in from wherever to drop off some junk and do some crafting, it's a chorus of dickheads saying the same poo poo as last time. And Strong just will not shut the gently caress up. I'm about at the point of sending all my ex-companions to rot at some uninhabited settlement just so I don't have to hear them any more.

Pick up all those crafting stations and move next door / the other end of the block. The wall-banging neighbors can whine at each other all they want as long as my house is 300m away.