Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I'm back into MGSV for the millionth time, and I'm mad at the horse. It's in the top tier of videogame horses because I'll actually use it rather than just running around everywhere on foot, but it's frustrating because it won't keep galloping without you manually spurring it on every five seconds. It feels weird because the game makes the great choice to ignore stamina meters in general. Snake can run at Olympic-level speeds across the entire map of Afghanistan, why can't his horse do the same :arghfist:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Squidster posted:

Let's not forget that to unlock one of the most important upgrades, you have to win a game of chess. Not a chess themed mini-game, a full goddamn game of chess start to finish.

Lol, goddamn. Get outta here, sliding puzzles, there's a new worst gimmick in town

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

Everytime Mysterio shows up in Spiderman 2 my enjoyment plummets. It's a neat idea tying him into the story and contrasting his character with Peter, unfortunately the gameplay sucks hard.

I feel bad about it, but I couldn't stand the one of those that turns into a rhythm game. It's creative and it looks cool, you can tell the devs put effort into, but I just can't stand that genre and was waiting for it to end five seconds in.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

bossy lady posted:

Above all else I really wish games would stop assuming I'm stupid as hell with regards to puzzles. I feel like video game puzzles are nowhere near as challenging as they used to be and they still have some sidekick yapping your ear off solving the puzzle for you.

Sorry, I'm their target market and I'm getting dumber with age

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

grittyreboot posted:

This is more of a thing dragging a console down. I can't play the 3DS for more than 20-30 minutes before I start getting pain in my hands. I have average sized hands for an adult man and I have to curl my thumbs up pretty bad to play it.

Yeah, I got that thing out last time I had a power outage, and even the XL feels kinda tiny. I can't imagine how I used the original DS/3DS for so long back in the day.