Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

the ending cutscene of Immortals of Aveum pulls a palpatine

just “how the hell are you back?” “no idea! anyway,”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

my problem with Arkham Horror LCG is that the campaigns keep getting better and better but I’m probably never going to replay them often enough to see all the content

there are like two or three full scenarios in the latest campaign that I’ll probably never see unless my group decides to marathon it at Arkham Nights or something

(also y’know what the Scarlet Keys seemed overambitious overall in a way that hurt it a bit)

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

there’s chests and puzzles in the palathon in Immortals of Aveum that you lose access to after a story event despite guides I’ve seen saying nothing is missable

ng+ really doesn’t count

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

goddamn i had forgotten how much the forbidden woods in bloodborne loving suck

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

is there anything even there worth picking up? i keep checking nooks and dead ends for items like maybe ritual materials or weapons or something and it’s like fuckin blood stone shards and stuff. thanks, I have triple-digits already, I think I’m good.

i was running root chalices and even compared to those Forbidden Woods is just *mean* in terms of traps and ambushes

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

John Murdoch posted:

Except the only real cost is your time, so you're penalized for avoiding tedium.

nobody tell this guy about rpgs

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Muscle Tracer posted:

Is there a game with a GOOD version of cyberspace? Something that's not just normal gameplay with a different skin on it, or a horribly underbaked minigame? The only example springing to mind for me is Shadowrun, which was a pretty meh interpretation for me.

mega man battle network 2

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

ultimate ADOM on switch is so broken it’s nearly unplayable, I got it for like two bucks of store credit and I overpaid

there’s tons of UI elements that should be clickable but the touchscreen isn’t enabled

but even if it was like half the features straight up don’t work correctly

it’s so bad I actually wonder how something like this came into existence

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

jjack229 posted:

I liked getting the ending where you just say "gently caress it" and leave mid-game on the escape shuttle (probably not mid-game, but still a good chunk of game left).

it was literally the first thing I did as I explored the larger ship lol

kinda put everything in context nicely despite being a spoiler

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

everything in elden ring should have 2/3 as much health and drop 175% as much grace, it’s really absurd. i’m running around raya lucaria and poo poo drops less than 100 grace when I need like 20k to level up. in the meantime I’m a similar level in bloodborne with way less time dumped into my current character, enemies take way less effort to kill, and drop like 500-1000 blood echoes when I need like 38k to level up

elden ring just feels so goddamned stingy

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

i mean i literally provided math lol

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

if your game has dialog scenes of > 5 minutes and doesn’t allow you to save your game during them, you will have no place in the glorious new utopia I want to build

seriously it’s *dialog*, in 99% of games your character is just standing still there anyway (if they’re even in the scene), how hard would it be to add a quick save option that lets you hold your place halfway through a half hour of exposition

I like visual novels and they’re literally all dialogue and you can save at any time. This is a resolved issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

the modern persona games are riddled with in-game time limits that push you to complete dungeons as soon as they become available so you have more time to spend with your buddies and working part time jobs. the difficulty is your MP, you’re really limited and MP recovery items are really rare, so especially in early dungeons when you’re underleveled and have less tools a BIG part of the strategy is knowing when to press on and when to fall back and rest for the night to try again tomorrow.

persona 5 strikers pretends that it has the same system, and all the aesthetic elements are there - including the exact calendar that was in persona 5 - … but it doesn’t really matter. when you run out of MP you need to leave the dungeon for the real world and refresh your stamina, but… you always return to the day you left from and just keep plugging away at the dungeon until it’s done

this sounds like a good thing but in reality it’s just tedious as hell. returning to the real world puts you like three areas/loading screens away from going back into the dungeon, and it can be done from checkpoints that are just allllll loving over the place. you can access the velvet room from checkpoints, why can’t you just refresh your stamina and keep playing? unlike persona 5 there really isn’t anything to freaking DO outside of the dungeons, it’s a musou game at heart, but forcing you to jump back to the real world all the loving time really makes it stand out that there’s nothing else to do there anyway