Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Dear Alpha Protocol,
I have serious doubts about the non-lethality of your tranq rounds after one smashed the glass behind the head of the enemy I hit.
Also your motion blur makes you look like a badly compressed jpg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

owl_pellet posted:

The hitching and jerkiness of Telltale's games like The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us after you make a conversation decision and/or when the screen transitions. They have a great art style but graphically I would have thought my 360 can handle WAY more than what those games are doing. I have finished TWD Season 1 and I am playing through TWAU right now and it has been frustrating.

Also the QTEs in TWAU seem really fast already, and the stuttering really makes it worse.

Surprisingly from what I've seen it looks like the best performance is on iOS (i say this after playing it on only ps3 and ipad/iphone)
where the awkward transitions are minimised.
That said, the controls for movement and camera are almost identical and that does get irritating in a few scenes when walking somewhere jerks the camera about slightly.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

My Lovely Horse posted:

Just finished the new Tomb Raider, which was a whole lot better than I expected, but Jesus, Whitman might as well have been wearing a neon sign reading GONNA TURN ON YOU. Every time he appeared I started gritting my teeth and wishing I could just get it over with. "Backstab me already, you bastard, I know you're gonna, we could have called a rescue team with your telegraphing alone."

At least they didn't make him the secret mastermind behind it all, which I was half sure was what they were going for.

Also the sudden introduction of major supernatural stuff gets accepted a little too readily if you ask me.

The thing that made it insufferable is how oblivious every single other character is about his very obvious shady behaviour.

I was mostly annoyed though that all the combat leading up the the finale was the most fun I'd had in the whole game but when it's over, it's over. Those enemies show up nowhere else and I think unless you want to replay the whole game you can't repeat that area again.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Mister Adequate posted:

Look if the Chief of Police can go take a crap without risk of decapitation, it's a bad Police HQ. :colbert:

Trick statement. There isn't a single bathroom in the whole building.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Lotish posted:

Yeah, I'm one of those people that actually like FFXII, but I can't imagine why anyone would ever think poo poo like that is a good idea in any game ever.

Is it required for beating a super boss or something? Honestly that whole thing sounds like way more trouble than it could ever be worth (see also: beating super bosses).

While talking about Final Fantasy: I can ignore a lot of irritating poo poo (given the series, I need to) if I'm having at least a little bit of fun and/or something interesting is happening but dear god Mog made a lot of major scenes near unwatchable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Dr Christmas posted:

Most GameCube games had the controller's slightly non-standard face button layout in mind when designing it, so it worked out fine. However, it was awkward using them to play SNES games on the Wii's virtual console. Lots of games have you run with Y and jump with B, so you often had to stretch your thumb a long way, partly over the A button when playing Super Mario World, Super Metroid, or Donkey Kong Country.

Later Nintendo controllers also forgot that the GameCube had those analog R and L triggers that measured how you pushed on them. The Rogue Squadron games were the only ones I remembered that made use of that, but it's still annoying to need that controller for those games and another ideally to play virtual console games.

That goddamn R shoulder button is the reason I couldn't beat Metroid Prime in the end.
It's not that much pressure to have to use in isolation but having to press that thing all the way down to lock onto enemies almost constantly throughout the whole game meant that by the time I reached the final areas that one knuckle was killing me.
I got to the final boss and between the thing being a pain in the rear end to kill and my hand being undecided on whether to just die or something I realised it just wasn't worth it and quit.

How they decided that a game so reliant on the one button needed it shoved down all the way every single time you encounter an enemy is beyond me.