Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Robert J. Omb posted:

I appreciate that the rogue-like element is integral to the plot but it’s reached the stage where I simply can’t be arsed fighting through the same enemies in the same stages for the zillionth time.

That's how I feel about most rogue-like games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

moosecow333 posted:

If I come across a group of enemies in an online game I’ll shoot the person with cosmetics first if there’s nothing else dictating my bullets.

Like in Battlefront 2015 they gave people a black storm trooper outfit for hitting max rank and you bet I targeted those guys first.

That’s why I never bother with the fancy cosmetics and make myself look as basic as possible.

Exactly. All that bling does is make that player a juicer target.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Yeah game install sizes have gotten pretty ridiculous to the point of it being a huge turn off for me. Money has been very tight lately so I can't just go and buy more storage for my devices at the moment. Your average 1TB ssd can only hold about 6-9 AAA games. This is why I stick with indie titles and older games because I can install anywhere from 20 to 100 games depending on the their size because my ADD riddled brain demands I keep a variety on titles on demand at all times. With emulation I can have 1000s of games ready to play at a moment's notice.

What makes things even more hilarious is that most AAA games are such horrible, buggy, unoptimized piles of trash they're not worth wasting the drive space and bandwidth needed to install them in the first place. I feel bad for the gamers whose internet service throttles their speed after going over their data cap.