Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

the_steve posted:

It's gonna sound dumb, but what really turned me off from FO4 was when I was trying to put together my first little base. I was putting down fencing, and it was bad enough that the area is asymmetrical, but there was this one section where the fence would NOT map to the ground. No matter what I did, the loving thing would decide to pop a wheelie and jut up into the air at a 45 degree angle. I got fed up and decided to ragequit for the night, and then never got around to picking it back up.

This means you never found out how much of the base building was annoyingly gated behind specific stats. So you did good.

Fallout 4 is fine but only because Far Harbor was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

There also aren't portcrystal destinations in places where you really would want them to be like major towns, so for example if you want to frequently use the smithing services at the elf village you have to waste one. I finally got one from a quest in that village and then immediately felt compelled to stick it there. The village doesn't sell another one, so you're likely to walk away with no reward. It's a great, customizable fast travel system you're discouraged from using. Just poor game design all around.

Edit: if you doze off on an ox cart to attempt to travel fast, there's a chance a boss monster might appear and just knock it over as you wake up, so you have to walk the rest of the way. It's happened 3 of the 4 times I've taken one now. Once it was shorter to just walk back to town and summon another cart.

Double post but cant you pay real money for fast travel. Someone told me that and i thought it was loving satire.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
This isn't really dragging the game down but i was watching someone play age of water. And the artist clearly has a type. Not necessarily a bad thing but it kept distracting

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

CommissarMega posted:

To be fair, ZeusCannon doesn't seem to have a problem with it as per their post, they're just noting that the art team seems to keep going back to it, which might seem a little monotonous, I suppose. Still, there's a whole lot of other characters of various genders, skin tones and body shapes, so I don't think there's much to worry about.

This is correct. It's not bad it's just noticeable to me and i wanted to complain.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Randalor posted:

I liked Tron 2.0 and the way it expanded on the computer world of the film. And then Disney did their damnedest to pretend the game never existed and gave us Legacy instead (and also cancelled Uprising after 1 season! :argh:)

Things dragging games down: the IP holder pretending a game never existed.

Legacy was worth it just for the OST

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The health bar was perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Gaius Marius posted:

Idk man. My experience with him is making me run annoying obstacle courses, rescue a bunch of people in an area with a terrible camera and a timer, and swinging to the statue of Liberty on platforms that are just far and high enough that you can miss them if you time it wrong and have to do the whole drat thing again.

Wait till he robs a convenience store.